“Nice hotel...will charge you for everything! ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel

You added Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   623 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #39 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Lacon, Illinois
“Nice hotel...will charge you for everything! ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Booked off of Hotwire. First time they have ever let me down. The room is fantastic. However, cost us $30.00 to park and an additional $14.95 for Internet usage. Outrageous. We should have stayed out by the airport and paid to park downtown. There truly is no reason to stay here if you are traveling through. Stay at the airport locations for a cheaper rate and more amenities.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My bf and I stayed here for his birthday/4th of July weekend. We live here in Nashville, but wanted to do something special and "get away" from normality for a couple days. I chose the Sheraton Downtown Nashville and I am very happy that I did!

Some of the other reviews I read before we checked in about construction and bad service had me a little worried, but what we experienced was a clean, newly remodeled, stylish hotel, with fantastic service, in the heart of our own Music City.

The front desk/guest service agents were always very helpful, kind and professional.

Our room was beautifully decorated, stocked with complimentary Starbucks coffee, a large flat screen and a great shower. We had a nice view of the city from our window, too... Make sure you ask for a room on the 20th floor or higher if you want a great view.

We actually visited the bar downstairs on three different occasions. Our first night, just for a before dinner cocktail. I recommend the Tennessee Tea cocktail! The final time, we had lunch after we checked out and while we were waiting for our car from valet. I recommend the Black Angus Burger! Service was friendly and prompt and the burger was extremely delicious. -- We tried to eat dinner there before we headed out for a concert on our second night, we both ordered the New York Strip steak... After the chef tried two times to cook our steaks to "medium-rare", and failed both times, we decided to just cancel the order altogether. Also, the meat itself was tough and didn't look or taste fresh. That was the only letdown during our 2-night stay.

Valet is $30 a day. I saw some people on here complain about that, but being a local I can tell you that Nashville parking downtown is very pricey. Just to park in a lot downtown for 4-6 hours is $25...so $30 for 24-hours is honestly a great deal.

I would definitely recommend the Sheraton Downtown Nashville to any of my friends & family who come to visit! We had a great time, and the Sheraton helped give my bf, in his own words, "the best birthday yet!"

• Stayed July 2014
Southbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very nice and clean hotel, complete with a blue suede chair in the room. Nice gym and pool too. No real complaints, but my wishes were for better programmed/faster elevators and dining offering. Easy, safe walk to all the fun... though other hotels are closer. I certainly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The hotel was recently upgraded. They has a modern sleek look. Don't know why this hotel get so many bad reviews. I'm guessing it was before all the upgrades. Check in was smooth and quick. Room was nice and clean. We didn't like loading and unloading on the street. Other than that we had no complaints

Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Hotels in Downtown Nashville can definitely be outside of some budgets but I found an awesome $120, after taxes & fees, deal on priceline. I was going to the Ryman for a show, and while there was a short walk (less than 10min) to the venue, it was still conveniently located. There are lots of galleries and cafes within a few walks on the Sheraton, 5th Aves honky tonk bars are also just a short walk away. I loved the open, atrium style lobby and the customer service was top notch. My room was immaculate, with incredibly comfortable beds & linens. I love the fact that they allow pets and it seemed that many people were taking advantage of the policy. The only negative thing I could say is that the tub didn't drain didn't drain as quickly as it needed to to accommodate the shower pressure. I only stayed one night, so it wasn't an issue and when I thought to call them later and report it, they were extremely grateful for the tip, so hopefully its fixed for the next tenant.

• Stayed July 2014
Bartlett, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was a OK place to stay for just a couple of nights and was close to where we had to be for our conference. They were overpriced but centrally located. We could not get a room since the other better hotels were booked up

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our multimillion renovation is now complete and we would love to have you back!
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I didn't realize how expensive hotels in downtown Nashville are! Got a room here through Priceline. It was nice. They have updated and modernized the hotel. The lobby is nice and the decor is updated. You can tell the bones of the hotel are older though. It's a bit rough around the edges. The carpets were stained and there was a wet spot in the carpet when we got to the room. I just use a hotel for a place to sleep and shower so it was fine. It was clean and modern. I would stay here again as long as I got my Priceline rate - but not for what they charge on the hotels site.

Stayed June 2014
Casey B, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Sheraton Management

Been to Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!