“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   623 Union Street, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #90 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Mareeba, Australia
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed here during CMA Fest 2012. Hotel is in a fantastic location, only a short 5 minute walk from Broadway. Rooms are a great size and well maintained. Beds are very soft and comfortable, after flying 16 hours to get here, I had a great night's sleep! The room did have a slightly musty smell though. Complimentary daily wifi was very appreciated, great to be able to keep in touch with everyone back home.

Staff were fairly friendly (though some were definitely much more friendly and welcoming). There was a new gentleman who had started while we were there (he was in the restaurant every morning at breakfast) and even though he was new, he was very very friendly- a great asset to your team.

The buffet breakfast was amazing- such a huge selection of hot and cold breakfast options to choose from- definitely a huge highlight. We even got crackers on the side with our room service (which were a great snack the next day while we were sightseeing).

Very enjoyable stay- will hopefully be back to stay again on our next tour over, and thanks for playing some of our great Aussie country artists each afternoon during the festival!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

824 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Marietta GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was only going to be in town for one night and decided to save some money. I usually stay at the Renaissance or Hilton. The whole time I kept seriously thinking about moving hotels even though I would have had to pay for both.
It all started when I pulled in and valet wouldn't park my car. They said it was too big (H2). Not a problem at the other hotels. That would have been understandable and ok if the guy could have given me a suggestion on what to do next. He just flat out refused. I went to the front desk and (the only positive of the trip) they said I could park right where you pull up in the "VIP" section. I was still charged for valet but it was better then parking down the street.
The room was very oddly shaped and dirty. Both bedskirts were covered in something black and were ripped. There were cherrios on the floor. Out in the hallway by the elevators and on the ice machine there was trash. True I was only there for 24hrs but so was it.
Overall this hotel just left a very bad taste in my mouth and I will gladly pay more to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
emroz, General Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing the feedback from your recent stay and for having chosen our location. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some flaws in our service and with your guest room. These issues will be investigated further and reviewed with the appropriate staff here so that we can improve.

I do hope that you will stay with us again on your future visits to Nashville. When it is time to plan your return visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I may personally ensure your reservation and stay are flawless.

Mihal Gartenberg
Rooms Division Manager
Sheraton Nashville
615-742-6002
Darien, Connecticut, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Flew in the night before for a business meeting in the morning. nice clean room. There are many restaurants near it so I asked the concierge for a recommendation. She said to go to Puckett's, great choice for local cuisine.

There are a lot of sights and things to do nearby, shame that I had such a short time to be there or I could have explored more.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
emroz, General Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thanks for the feedback! I am glad that you chose hotel for this quick stay and that you enjoyed your time with us. Puckett’s is a favorite in the area. As you said, there are many nearby options…all within walking distance of our location. I hope that you will return to us and stay longer next time!
Anchorage, AK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The front desk staff were most pleasant to deal with. Sidenote: My experience with Starwood Properties shows them to be consistently outstanding at the front desk - and first impressions count. I didn't know if I had a Starwood account as I've only stayed with these folks a few times, but the desk clerk found my account and moved me to the area reserved for Starwood folks . nice.

I was there to present at a conference. The only negative (and it's not a big one) was that the breakout rooms were two or three floors above the main gathering and registration area - a bit awkward, but doable. The facility has very flexible meeting space to accomodate any size gathering.

Breakfast at Bistro on 2, was very good - a wide selection for either cold or hot buffet. One can order from the menu, but beverages are extra, so one might as well order the buffet with beverages included. The hot side ranged from typical to outstanding - the hash brown casserole still makes my mouth water, several days later. And the scrambled eggs were very creamy.

This hotel has an interesting feature that allows one to opt out of room make-up service and the offer is for a $5 voucher or 500 Starwood points. I liked this option - the voucher was nice but I would have done it without.

I have read other reviews regarding slow elevators. This was not my experience. There did not seem to be any extraordinary delay on any elevators. One morning one elevator went out of service, but that coincided with a passing thunderstorm (connected?- probably not, lol) but it was fixed promptly and was an inconvenience for only a couple of hours.

The location is within walking distance of many of Nashvilles most "in demand" venues, including the Country Music Museum, and it's only about eight blocks to Broadway which is lined with bars, restaurants, honkey tonks and souvenir shops.

All together I had an excellent experience at this facility. Service was attentive and friendly, the room was quiet and the mattress was exquisite.

BTW - Gray Line provides hotel/airport shuttle service which arrives/departs every 30 minutes and the round-trip voucher is only $25.

Room Tip: North side rooms, directly above the main entrance, face the state capitol building and campus.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
emroz, General Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you so much for pointing out the high level of service you received by our front desk. We are fortunate to have such a great team! I am glad to hear you are an SPG member and that our front desk was not only able to find your account but was able to upgrade you as thanks for your loyalty, it truly pays to stay! The interesting room feature you speak of is our “green” program, you can opt out of getting your room cleaned, saving water and money, and giving you an extra benefit of a voucher! I am also happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and explore downtown Nashville. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know so many positives of your stay and we hope you will stay with us again soon. We will have the hash brown casserole ready!
Springfield, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

First trip to Nashville, and it was memorable! The room was on the 17th floor, could see the entire cityscape! The room was very clean and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly! However, breakfast is only by room service, but there are plenty of local restaurants to try on the way downtown.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
emroz, General Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
I am glad that your first experience to Nashville was a great experience! Our location does allow for amazing views of the city!! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and especially that you found our team to be helpful and friendly. I hope that you will return often and that you will choose to stay with us each time. We do have several options for breakfast when you return. An upgrade to our concierge level allows a full breakfast each morning and hors d’ oeuvres each evening. Starbucks is available in our lounge with lite fare and our restaurant, Speaker’s Bistro offers a buffet or full menu daily. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Las Vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The hotel is centrally located, the room was clean and standard for a Sheraton. The gym was good but the staff is incompetent. They messed up my room service order twice and the wake up call never called me. The check in could not find my reservation despite I booked using the Sheraton site. Not a good value after all since for the level of service I received the room was way overpriced.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
emroz, General Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and that your room was up to standards. I am sorry to hear about the service that you described. We want a wonderful experience for all of our guests and we understand that service is a key component. I hope that you will give us another chance. Typically, our team is known for the great experience that they provide. We would like the opportunity to demonstrate this to you!
Ballarat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting Music City. We travelled from Australia and arrived here after the 17 hour flight. Our room was spotless and the beds were very comfy. Broadway is only a short stroll away, the location was A plus. The staff were extremely friendly and made us feel welcome. The restaurant attached and the breakfasts were great. We are returning to Nashville next year and will definitely stay here again. The concierge was also extremely helpful and very courteous. Nashville was the highlight of our US trip and Sheraton downtown was brilliant.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
emroz, General Manager at Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your many wonderful comments! We are glad that you enjoyed our great location, our guestrooms, our food and are especially happy that you found our staff to be so friendly and welcoming! I am glad to hear that you will be returning. Thank you again for sharing your wonderful feedback.

Been to Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel? Share your experiences!