“Good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Grimes, Iowa
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The Residence Inn Nashville Airport has a wonderful location for what we were doing in Nashville. We were there to enjoy the sights and sounds of that Nashville is known for. The motel is midway between the Opryland/Music City Drive area and Downtown. We had less than a ten minute drive to either of these destinations.

We were there over the 4th of July holiday weekend and on the weekend the breakfast was pretty crowded but we still didn't have to wait for long. The food was always fresh and hot and changed slightly each day of our stay. Weekday mornings the breakfast was much less congested.

The room we had was very well apportioned and the housekeeping staff did a good job. On the busy weekend it was later in the day than I would have expected that our room was cleaned but this did not cause us any problems - just an observarion.

I would recommend this location to anyone traveling to Nashville with similar needs to ours.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
We appreciate you for taking time to share your experience.

I was pleased to read that you found our location to be convenient to so many attraction. I will share your comments with the housekeeping staff that they did a great job. I know they will appreciate the positive feedback.

Thank you for choosing the Nashville Airport Residence Inn. We hope to serve you again the next time you visit Music City,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I recently stayed at the other location in Brentwood. It was great. I had to come back to Nashville and Brentwood was all booked so Airport location it was going to be.
I stayed here Sunday through Saturday. The first few days were great, business folks and nice people everywhere... THEN... Thursday came.. the crowed changed gears and shady people everywhere. I don't like to stereotype or profile, but if you act a certain way, dress a certain way, talk a certain way, you are a certain way. You would have thought the hotel began excepting EBT cards or something. My neighbors next door had their truck broken into, trash was dumped all over the grounds, staff was disrespected and I was sooooo ready to leave.. Truthfully I could not wait til Saturday to come so I could pack up and go. If I hadn't had so much gear with me I would have left early and found some place better.
I know the hotel can't pick and chose its patrons but c'mon.... Residence Inn is no Super 8 or pay by the hour place, but I was sure confused.
The staff here was great and showed they cared but the "weekend" patrons were just horrible...

Room Tip: If the A/C seems its not dehumidifying put the "fan" and "cooling" settings on...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your observations from your recent visit.

You our correct that Residence Inn has multiple target markets. Often the demographics of these market segments is not the same. In my +28 years in the hotel business, I found this to be the case in every hotel I worked.

I'm sorry that you experience discomfort as we transitioned from our weekday guest to our weekend guest. One of the core components of our Marriott culture is to create an inclusive environment for all of our guests.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels. We hope to serve you again the next time you travel.
Cumberland City, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

While our location was close to where we needed to be, wasn't up to the Marriott standards. I really don't understand why Marriott has changed their standard of quest quality? I use to work for this hotel chain and always was impressed with the service to guest that we always tried to furnish. I would guess that now they are relying on the Name more than the quality of service they provide. Really disappointed again in this chain line of hotels.. while the room seemed cleaned .. they lacked some amenities , the housekeepers didn't speak English, was asked to pay $100.00 deposit.. and was made to feel like they were doing us a favor by staying with them?

Room Tip: As a last resort... and be prepared to only speak to the front desk for any of your needs!
Green Features: There were none so I cant express any??lacking in this area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I appreciate you taking time to post your observations and questions.

It was good to read that you found our rooms to be clean. I will share your comments with my housekeeping team.

You are correct, one of the recent changes in the hotel industry is that for many of our Heart of the House Associates, English is their second language. I can say that they work as hard at mastering English as they do cleaning hotel rooms. I'm proud of the progress they make on a daily basis.

The only reason you were asked to leave a security deposit is if you were planning on paying cash for the room. The security deposit is returned at check out.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My family and I are in the process of moving across the country from Fresno to Nashville.

We thought we were in a for a treat when booking our suite and the Marriot Residence inn.

Let's just say we were very underwhelmed. The carpet is completely frayed where the carpet meets the kitchen floor. There's bird poop all over the upstairs window, and we've already found one big spider in our room. The popcorn ceiling is pretty dirty and everything in the kitchen is outdated. It's just so disappointing because this isn't what they show on their website at all.

Pros: the staff is really friendly and the internet is super fast.

Unfortunately, we're cutting our stay short and will be staying in another Marriot suite that is much newer, better fitting for our needs, and pricing is similar.

I want to also add that the stairs outside and inside are playing into this decision as well.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your review.

It was great to read that you found our rooms to be clean and the staff to be friendly. I will share your comment about the carpet fray with my Manager of Engineering. We will get this fixed right away.

I was pleased to read that you were able to find another Marriott Suite Hotel in the area that had interior access.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Marriott Hotels. We hope to serve you again the next time you travel.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Residence Inn the week before CMA Fan Fair. It is an excellent location - close to Opryland and Music Valley Drive, and not too far from downtown Nashville.

The breakfast was good and the folks at the front desk were very friendly and helpful.

The property is in need of rennovation and had some maintenance issues. On our next visit we stayed at the Courtyard down the street.

• Stayed May 2014
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your post.

I was please to read about how convenient our location was for you during your stay. I will pass on to my team how much you enjoyed our full hot breakfast and that you appreciated the exceptionally friendly service you received from my staff during your stay.

We know you have may choices when you travel. Thank you for choosing to stay with the Residence Inn at Nashville Airport.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Needed a two bedroom hotel that was at a good price, and this was it. Plenty of room in the penthouse. Clean carpet and furniture. Cold air. Comfortable beds and pillows. Full stocked kitchen. Clean and stocked bathroom rooms. Pool. Basketball/tennis court combo my kids loved. Only complaint is can be fun finding a spot to park.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for sharing.

It was great to read how much you and your family enjoyed the many amenities available here at the hotel. I will also pass on to the housekeeping department that you found their work to be exceptional.

We hope to serve you again the next time you come to Nashville.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

First things first - the staff was fantastic. Nalini was friendly and helpful no matter the question or request. It was interesting to see the interactions were consistent with other guests as well. The room I booked was the two-story suite with fireplace and it was lovely. Yes, the hotel is dated so the walls are a little thin; but, you can tell they have put in an effort to make it comfortable. Although this was a get-away trip it had me driving all over the outskirts of Nashville and this was the best location. Briley Parkway which is your main drop off here is underutilized so you don't have to deal with the worst of rush hour traffic. The airport is a very short distance away and the shuttle is free and efficient - just make sure you schedule the pick up in advance. Even the shuttle driver was nice, funny and friendly. And, if you'd like to go shopping away from Downtown Nashville's country tourist scene into your more common retail merchants and franchise restaurants - head over to Mt Juliet via I40 exit 226 - Providence Marketplace.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am certainly fortunate to have Nalini on my team. I will make sure she gets the recognition she deserves. It was good to read that you found our proximity to Briley Parkway so convenient to all of your adventures while you were in town.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn at Nashville Airport. You hope to serve you again the next time you visit Music City.