“Clean, quiet, and central” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #59 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Orlando, Florida
“Clean, quiet, and central”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

First things first - the staff was fantastic. Nalini was friendly and helpful no matter the question or request. It was interesting to see the interactions were consistent with other guests as well. The room I booked was the two-story suite with fireplace and it was lovely. Yes, the hotel is dated so the walls are a little thin; but, you can tell they have put in an effort to make it comfortable. Although this was a get-away trip it had me driving all over the outskirts of Nashville and this was the best location. Briley Parkway which is your main drop off here is underutilized so you don't have to deal with the worst of rush hour traffic. The airport is a very short distance away and the shuttle is free and efficient - just make sure you schedule the pick up in advance. Even the shuttle driver was nice, funny and friendly. And, if you'd like to go shopping away from Downtown Nashville's country tourist scene into your more common retail merchants and franchise restaurants - head over to Mt Juliet via I40 exit 226 - Providence Marketplace.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am certainly fortunate to have Nalini on my team. I will make sure she gets the recognition she deserves. It was good to read that you found our proximity to Briley Parkway so convenient to all of your adventures while you were in town.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn at Nashville Airport. You hope to serve you again the next time you visit Music City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The "penthouse" suite was in what looked like a quiet secluded place, But the room itself made noises. When water ran in nearby rooms it was really loud. The kitchen table was so rickety I'm surprised no one had fixed it. It was freshly painted though and the colors nice. I really expected a little more from a Marriott. The breakfast was good and the staff were nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your response.

It was great to read about how much you appreciated the service you received during your stay. In addition, I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast. I will share your comments with the staff.

Please accept my apology for the fact that you could hear water running from other rooms in your building. In addition, we will check out the kitchen table and get the leg tightened ASAP.

We appreciate you choosing to stay at Marriott Hotels. We hope to serve you again the next time you travel.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Even though we didn't have hot water for 2 days and the room wasn't ready when we got there, we still had a great stay. It was quiet, that's all I care about. The breakfast and reception was very good. The manager gave me an adjustment for the difficulty we had. Definitely would return.

Room Tip: Got the loft. Worked out great
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to post your experience.

Please accept my apology for the fact that you did not have hot water for two days. I will share this with my engineering team. Each suite has its own 40 gallon hot water tank. We keep 10 new hot water heaters in inventory. We should have been able to replace your hot water heater quickly.

It was good to read that we were able to address your concern at check out. I appreciate you sharing that there was a problem. It gave us a chance to make things right.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels. We know you have many choices when you travel. We hope to serve you again soon.
atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed at this property by default as it was the only Marriott room available due to a nursing convention at the convention center. I don't typically stay at RI's as I have found that their beds are sub par to the other Marriott properties. This was the case here as well. This is an older property with outside entrances. The inside of unit 19-12 was very large with a king, a couch and a nice sized kitchen. It is dated but was very clean. Due to the way this was built, I heard every step from the room above. Newer concrete poured floors solve this problem. All hotel staff were very nice and professional. The breakfast area was crowded but had ample seating. This breakfast did not disappoint at all. Very good selection and kept full. My only complaint was the exterior entrance area of the unit. The door was filthy and covered in dirt and cobwebs. The stairs leading to the above unit were filled with webs and wasp nests. I know it is difficult to control spiders and wasps are busy right now, but I feel like this has been neglected for more than a few days. An old cigarette pack is probably still sitting on the stairwell. Would I stay here again if I had to? Probably so. Would I choose to stay here again? Probably not. I would not let my wife stay here alone without getting an escort to the room due to the exterior entrances. I did see a security van making rounds and keeping watch. Neighborhood looks safe, just concerns linger with exterior doors and getting to rooms late at night. Plenty of close places to eat is a plus.

Room Tip: Good location to Airport, grand ole opry, and opry mills.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I appreciated reading your post that you found the staff to be very nice and professional. I was glad to read how much you enjoyed breakfast. I will share your comments with our associates.

I was disappointed that you found the bed in your room to be uncomfortable. When the mattress and box spring we last replaced, we upgraded to the bed that you find in our Renaissance brand.

You are correct. We have to stay after the spider webs on a regular basis. We knock them down multiple times each week and they start rebuilding right away. It is an on-going process.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels when you travel. We hope to serve you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

First off the staff was VERY courteous. Laura checked us in and out and was very pleasant, professional, and helpful. The grounds were well kept and clean. The rooms are condo-style in four room blocks. All with exterior entrances. We were given a very good location next to outdoor pool and rear lobby entrance. The room was as described. Clean but smelled a bit of smoke (somebody had ignored the no smoking restrictions). We had four in our party (clearly stated in our registration) but only had two towels in the room. This was easily corrected however it should have been attended to prior to our arrival. Also we requested feather-free and this was not accomplished. However this is never guaranteed so could just be our bad luck. The property is older but still in great shape. The breakfast is standard Residence Inn fare. Nothing to write home about. Overall pretty good! We would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rick C, Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

It was great to read how much you appreciated the outstanding service provided by my staff. In particular you mentioned Laura. We are fortunate to have her on our team. I will make sure she gets the recognition she deserves.

I will also share with my team that we missed your feather free request. I am so sorry that this happened. It is so important that we get these things right.

We appreciate you staying at the Residence Inn Nashville Airport. We hope to serve you again the next time you come to Nashville
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

It appears the rooms have recently undergone a renovation and I was very satisfied with the check in (quick and courteous), the grounds are well kept and the room was ready on time and clean. I did not eat dinner there - but did see others enjoying their meal. They also offer complimentary beer at dinner. Breakfast was standard fare served by very nice folks. My only suggestion/tip is to request a room away from Elm Hill Pike as trucks travel it throughout the night. Will definitely return.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

You are correct. We renovated all of our suites in the spring of 2013. I will pass on to the housekeeping team that you appreciated how clean they keep our rooms.

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Nashville Airport. We hope to serve you again the next time you visit Music City.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I would stay here before a flight. Check the shuttle hours if you will be dependent upon them, I found myself out of luck at an important moment - lucky for me it cost me a cab and not the moment. During check in there were tacos and beer available in the lobby for guests. Our room was quite large, not recently remodeled king room with a french balcony

Room Tip: Confirm shuttle hours before booking - get there early enough for food and booze in the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Rick C, General Manager at Residence Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Nashville Airport.

Please accept my apology for the confusion concerning the airport shuttle departure time. It was good to read that you were able to make your flight on time. Our proximity to the airport is convenient. I am glad you were able to enjoy taco night in our Gatehouse.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Hotels. We look forward to serving you again the next time you travel.

Been to Residence Inn Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!