“Seasoned Traveller can Still be AMAZED” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Nashville Hotel

You added Renaissance Nashville Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Nashville Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   611 Commerce St, Nashville, TN 37203 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Sleep and Starbucks
Ranked #12 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bath, Ohio
“Seasoned Traveller can Still be AMAZED”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

First ...let me explain Amazed, I have travelled all over the world, and yet, I still can go to a great city like Nashville, stay in a hotel that the chain has been around forever and STILL be impressed =)
Short and Sweet Review
LOCATION-Location -LOCATION...PERFECT
STAFF-----Nice, accommodating, friendly
BAR-on the third floor was way cool
GYM- was better than expected, more treadmills and bikes than in most hotels that you pay triple the price for
STARBUCKS- Loved the fact that it was downstairs
BEDS and ROOM-Comfortable, Clean and Spacious
My one and ONLY complaint, is the elevators, on a crowded weekend (most all I imagine are busy as the hotel in connected to the Nashville Convention Center) took a LONG time, you could wait upwards of 5-10 minutes....
But other than that it was perfect, and in this day in economy, when many chains seem to be cutting back, the Renaissance seems to be moving forward without a hitch.....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

I stayed at this location with my 8 year old son so we could catch the Preds last home game. All of the staff we encountered there defined "southern hospitality". From the Valets, to the Doorman, the Bell Hop, the front desk employees, to the house keepers, everyone we were in contact at this location was beyond friendly and accomodating.
The rooms are smaller than most that I have stayed in for this price range. I paid more for a broadband connection in my room for 2 nights then I do for a month at home. We were on the 20th floor and the elevators took some getting used to as you can hear every counterweight rise and fall on every elevator in the building from the room we were in. Also we could hear EVERY word from the guests situated in the room directly next to us. Not a big deal unless you don't want your neighbor to know about your skin conditions etc....
The location is outstanding and this is what I think you pay for when you stay here. Within 10 minutes walking you are anywhere on Broadway. The Bridgestone arena is a 5 minute walk. The views from our room were outstanding. The views from the elevators are amazing as well to if you are not afraid of heights as they are all glass on the rear of the elevator car.
Overall an above average place to stay, with super friendly people and a great location, Just remember your neightbors may be listening to you though!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Gobles, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

April 3, 2010
This hotel was an oasis in the middle of a busy city. It was very much appreciated for it's service, cleanliness, and parking valet. Thank you ........
Lori Smith
Gobles, Michigan

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

Went to Nashville for a girl's weekend. Had never been before and we booked the hotel because it seemed like a good location... and boy were we right! Only a 15 minute taxi ride from airport. We were in walking distance (around the corner) to all the honkey tonks on Broadway (and we took full advantage of that, especially Tootsies!) We walked to Sommer Center and Country Music Hall of Fame. Walked all around 2nd and Broadway area. The hotel had a wonderful buffet breakfast for about $14, Starbucks in lobby, a cool bar/restaurant, 2 computers with free internet access. We were able to print our boarding passes at the front desk for no charge, too. The room was adequate... two queen beds, tv, bathroom. Overall, hallways were quiet and conducive to sleeping! A few minor complaints about the room... the bathroom had no ventilation fan. None of the rooms have balconies or windows that open. There is no separate vanity, so with four girls getting ready to go out, it was a little hectic. Also, we found food (wantons, candy) under the bed. I guess they do a very quick surface clean. Be prepared... at prime times like Sat evening and Sunday check out, the wait for the elevators is crazy! The beds were awesome and very comfy! The conceirge was helpful in helping us find a restaurant for Sunday dinner. The icing on the cake... found an awesome deal on the hotel's website and only paid $99/night!!!!!!!
Nashville, we'll be back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
TravelAdvisorySC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

For a hotel that advertises itself as being a 3-4 star hotel, advertising such is completely false. First of all, this hotel, though it could be impressive cosmetically, has POOR management and poor service. I stayed there as a guest of a friend and was asked for a credit card, even after my friend's company had given theirs! Then they called my room 3 times (once at 4AM, two nights after my check in) to ask for a credit card. When I asked the front desk why they would call me at 4AM, I was given 6 different answers, until the manager told me why. NOBODY at that hotel knows what is going on. They charged my friend $20.00 to take a gift basket to my room that she paid for outside of the hotel prior to my arrival. Then, the maid didnt show up daily until 4:30pm. The evening before an event that I was in town for, she knocked on the door and told me that if I wanted my bed made, I had better let her in because she "goes home at 5 whether my bed is made or not". Unbelievable. Though it has been remodeled, its not that impressive - especially for the cost. More like a glorified Holiday Inn. Stay elsewhere.

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

One of the best locations in downtown Nashville. Easy walk to everything. We usually, but not always, stay here when we're in Nashville.

Has been remodeled since we stayed there a couple of years ago. Very clean and comfortable. Great views from the room, and one of the largest hotel bathrooms we've ever encountered. Very nice, very professional staff.

Cons: plan to pay through the nose to park; hot water not hot enough (perhaps a liability issue); some street noise.

Windsor, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

Great service - top to bottom, the staff here are friendly and helpful.
Great location - Easy walk to Ryman, Sonnet, Broadway and nightlife downtown.
OK room - nothing spectacular but nothing negative. Clean and comfortable.
Wireless internet is free on first 3 floors (no rooms) and you pay for in-room service. There are 2 computers in the lobby and two more in the bridge bar (3rd floor) for guest use. The Bridge Bar is a great spot to have a drink or use your laptop.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Nashville Hotel? Share your experiences!