“Accounting issues with super slow elevators” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Nashville Hotel

You added Renaissance Nashville Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Nashville Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   611 Commerce St, Nashville, TN 37203 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Sleep and Starbucks
Ranked #12 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Haven, Connecticut, Usa
“Accounting issues with super slow elevators”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My colleagues and I stayed for a conferences and three of us share a room for three nights and one of us stay for two days extra. When the first one checked out, the receptionist can't straight out the bill so she divided the bill in two. Well, then, each of us will pay for one night end up the same. So, when I checked out, I paid my portion and asked the front desk to take out my name in the reservation after I checked out. However, five days later, when I opened up my credit card account, the card was charged three more extra nights which I was not even there. I called, but the accountant told me that since I was the one make the reservation, I was responsible for bill. Also, they do not know whose credit cards were on file, so they tried the first one, and that person called to remove the charge, and they only have two cards on file, I am the one responsible for the whole bill even I totally checked out since I am the one who make the reservation!! Also, they charged a breakfast even before any of us checked into the room and refuse to take off the charge.

Also, the elevators were horrible. Five elevators but three of them were not working and we needed to wait for 20 minutes for the ride from 10+ floors to come down to the conference center. Besides, the stairs did not have access to 4th floor or above, the same as not able to come out from higher floors by using stairs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
Slingerlands, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Often in reviews the issue of service comes up, and the closely related issue of friendliness of the staff. Many hotels, even on the upper end are lacking in that quality.

The people here were extremely nice, helpful and friendly. I usually use the "greeting test", ie what percentage of the staff greets you when you go by. They were great. I have to thank Ashley who checked us in, and left a hand written note under the door offering to help if she could. Justin who e-mailed in advance to see if we needed anything, and Yasser, the breakfast waiter.

Our room was a bit small, but comfortable for 3. Two comfortable queen beds, desk, good TV. The concierge lounge was fantastic, and Cathryn was helpful and lovely. Perfect people person for this job! She made you feel as if you were in her living room! Food was plentiful, drinks reasonable.

The hotel is in the middle of everything, with great views of the wonderful Nashville architecture. Short walk to the Capitol, Broadway (nightlife, restaurants) Ryman Auditorium, State Museum, etc.

I would love to return to the city and the hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a view overlooking the library courtyard, with a view of the "Batman" building.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Russellville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Good place to stay. Room clean. Good location, close to restruarants and the great Nashville night life. I gave them a mark down though because I have a standing request for king size bed with my Marriott account and they didn't have a king size room available.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife stayed at the Renaissance for a conference. She inadvertently left her Sonicare toothbrush behind. When she got home she called the hotel and Calvin in Security tracked down the Sonicare and said he would ship it at the expense of his department. He called three times with updates while he looked for it. This is certainly above and beyond the call of duty. Many thanks to Calvin and Renaissance.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I thought this hotel was rather pricey. Rooms were nice but not worth 300 a night. Pool was not anything spectacular. The pool is actually inside with a sun deck off to the side. I have seen a lot nicer pool for 300 a night. Also you may want to consider how much time you will spend in the hotel because if you will not be in a room a lot, you probably should choose lower priced,hotel like Hampton, etc. I stayed at embassy suites a few months ago and prefer that hotel over renaissance. Embassy suites also gives you breakfast and happy hour for little bit less of a price. You also get bigger rooms at embassy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just five minutes from the Broadway strip, this hotel has some rooms with great views, especially if you get a room on a high floor.
We parked ourselves across the street from the main entrance and it was fairly cheap for city parking. On our walk into the hotel, we crossed a pedestrian bridge over the road which had a very neat bar located on it. It would be a great place to have a few drinks after a night out on the town. There is a restaurant on site which is where we got our breakfast. It was convenient and tasted great! Our room was a corner room with a view of LP Field, Bridgestone Arena, and the Broadway strip. The bathrooms were quite large, yet the room was not very spacious. Everything was clean and the service was great. We stayed here for just one night to start our mini Honeymoon and when they discovered this, they provided us with a pint of ice cream and a small bottle of champagne! What a nice little bonus!
Like I stated earlier, it is just a few blocks from the strip, so it’s a quick 5 minute walk. This would be a great place to stay if you want to be within walking distance to anything downtown. I would recommend this hotel, but there were just no thrills about it and that’s the reason for the 4 Star Rating.

Room Tip: For a good view, ask for a room located on one of the upper floors!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our 1-night stay at this hotel. Everything was top-notch, including room, service, restaurant (lobby level), bars (bridge and lobby level). Access to the $10/night self-parking garage was easy and convenient. The hotel was within easy walking distance to all the restaurants and entertainment on Broadway -- definitely in the center of everything.

As mentioned by other reviewers, the elevators were very slow which was compounded by the fact that there were lots of people in the hotel attending a convention.

Room Tip: If you don't like crowds, check first to see if there's a big convention going on in the con...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Nashville Hotel? Share your experiences!