“Staff make this hotel memorable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Nashville Hotel

You added Renaissance Nashville Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Nashville Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   611 Commerce St, Nashville, TN 37203 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Sleep and Starbucks
Ranked #15 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Loma Linda
“Staff make this hotel memorable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed here M-F for a conference.

Good
Staff are amazing. Mary at the front desk found my "hidden" reservation and accommodated my 1:30 AM arrival due to flight delays with a great sense of humor and made me feel welcome after a long day of travel. She provided a great start to the stay. Other front desk staff Chase C. & Justin came to the rescue when I need a printing favor for my conference presentation and fixed the bed type request for my boss. He was here T-F and was very happy with his room, and subsequently happy with me, too.

Lounge staff are very helpful and friendly, and housekeeping did a great job at keeping my room in good condition.

The gripe of this hotel which is hard to ignore are the elevators--there are a lot of them but the wait during busy times can be extreme. Props to the hotel staff and management for trying to come up with solutions and allowing guests to use the "back" elevator to reduce wait times. Oh, I had water pressure and temperature issues which did put a damper on the overall room experience.

Hotel is a great location to see and explore Nashville and this was a nice home base for my first visit. I will remember this place because of the top notch service I received.

Room Tip: Upgrade to lounge access. Most rooms have a great view. If you prefer quite, ask for the side fart...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

we stayed here as part of a group tour. our room was clean and spacious, beautiful views, good food,comfortable lobby and spacious lounge and bar. Two blocks from the Ryman theater, Broadway, where all the rib joints and bar/lounges are located. Lots of live bands playing good music of all types. Take the on and off Trolley service, goes through the entire city. On and Off priveleges to allow you as much time as need at eight different sites. Narrated driver was very informative and humorus. Very friendly people, made you feel welcome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is in the perfect spot with easy access to Broadway. It is only about a 2 block walk down to Broadway where all the fun bars are. It is so close, and you feel safe walking back late at night. We had great service at the hotel. We requested extra towels and it seemed like they arrived in 2 minutes! The front desk was super friendly. There are 2 hotel bars here, and a Starbucks which is nice in the morning. I have stayed here twice and would again. The rooms are nice and clean with comfortable beds as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Ramsey, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

First and foremost the staff was great and the location was good. My room was located next to the elevator and you could hear loud music till 11pm. When the music ended a new noise was present and it sounded like something was loose in the elevator shaft. Every time the elevator would go by a rattling noise occurred. As stated before it was a nice place, but do not get a room near the elevators. My room was 921 so you can ask not to have it or any room near the elevator.

Room Tip: Not near the elevator and not room 921
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Right next to the convention center and a short walk from Broadway it is on a good location. Got the king corner room, the panoramic windows were great. Bed comfy, hotel in good shape. Nice and artsy bar over the street which was usually busy. Only complaint was they were skimpy with towels in the room. Pool nice but deck is small, arrive late and you might not get a seat. I'd stay here again on return to the city.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Blairsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was my fifth visit to Nashville and my fourth stay at the Renaissance. Why do I keep going back to the Renaissance? The location just cannot be beat!

For my 60th birthday, a group of 7 gals and I went to Chattanooga for a night followed by 4 nights in Nashville. Our stay at the Renaissance could not have been better!

Parking was right across the street, check in was thankfully uneventful, and the rooms were clean and well maintained. Best of all, we could see the Ryman, lower Broadway and the Bridgestone Arena from our rooms.

All seven of us were extremely happy with the Concierge Level rooms. These rooms are on the top 2 floors and offer a breakfast and Happy Hour/Dinner spread. It was well worth the added price because we didn't have to go out for breakfast or dinner. The Concierge level also offers a couple of computers with free Internet access, regular Starbucks coffee, sodas and water throughout the day. Utilizing this room gave our group a great place to meet when preparing to go out to our Nashville destinations.

I am not in the greatest of shape, but I was able to walk to the Capitol, the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Hermitage Hotel, the Ryman and the honky tonks of Broadway from our hotel. Additionally, the free downtown shuttle bus has a pick up and drop off just around the corner from this hotel.

The hotel has a great bar with a nice view and incredibly good food.

I couldn't rate the hotel five stars for two reasons. First, although they are working on the elevators, we all encoutered problems with utilizing the special key for the Concierge level rooms. There were times when we were rididng the elevator up and down because we didn't time the key perfectly. Second, the water in our room was very tempermental. When I was washing my hair, the hot water went totally out, so I had to finish my shower and rinsing my hair without any hot water. Then later, I was washing my face and had only hot water.

Even knowing this, however; I intend to stay at the Renaissance Downtown the next time I go to Nashville.

In case you are wondering, the first time I went to Nashville, I stayed at the Gaylord. Everyone rants and raves about its "river" and the "gardens." Well, to me it was too Disney like. The lobby is very fancy and lush, but many of the rooms are located in a dull long hallway. I don't mind going there for a drink before going to the Grand Ole Opry, but after the Opry I am happy to be going back to the real Nashville scene on Lower Broadway!

Room Tip: I recommend that you select the Concierge Level, but ask for a room on the same floor as the Concier...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Hotel was extremely accomodating to marathon runners. After running 26.2 in the pouring rain, they welcomed us back with warm towels. They also provided shuttles to the start line with their amazing drivers who volunteered their time. Great service by the bartender, Frankie. Waited on me every night and was very attentive and friendly even with the large crowds coming and going. Room was large and very comfortable. 5-star stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Renaissance Nashville Hotel? Share your experiences!