“Classy hotel, amazing location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Nashville Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Nashville Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Nashville Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   611 Commerce St, Nashville, TN 37203 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 150 hotels in Nashville
BC
“Classy hotel, amazing location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hotel was worth what we paid for it. Very conveniently located close to bars and restaurants, rooms were very nice, clean and the bed was super comfy! The staff were not overly welcoming though but not bad either. All in all it was a good experience and I would easily stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

1,122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Ankeny, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed here during the first week in November for a conference. The rooms were comfortable and clean. We stayed two people to a room, and there was plenty of space for our "stuff" during the 3 day stay. Nice restaurant off the lobby. Breakfast buffet was good, and the service was fantastic. Nice that there's a Starbucks in the lobby, as well. I didn't interact with the hotel staff much - if at all. They were professional upon check-in, but that's about the extent of my experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Renaissance Nashville is one of my favorite places to stay in Nashville. It is connected to the current convention center (although they are building a new one) and is easy walking distance to the main downtown music attractions.

My most recent stay was for a conference. This front desk person was kind enough to allow me to have the conference rate even though I had not registered in time for it. I was on the club level so had access to appetizers and breakfast, but have also had breakfast in the restaurant and thought it was very good.

I will say the place is not cheap. I only go if they are offering a weekend deal, there's a conference rate, or I'm using points. Otherwise I can't say it's worth a $300/night price tag.

Also, I always park across the street in the parking garage and walk across the walkway. Depending on when you are there it can save $20/day or more off of the valet price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went down to Nashville for a birthday celebration (40-50 y.o) for a 4-day weekend. We really liked the close proximity to the downtown area of Broadway and 2nd streets where all the fun is. We could get anywhere downtown on foot comfortably. Anything outside city center, we took a cab which was plentiful.

The king room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room so location was the most important aspect.

The service was great. When the vending machine ate my money, they gave me bottled waters from the front desk without hassle.

Would recommend and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel was very clean, had a Starbuck's (definite plus) and was within walking distance of everything in downtown you'd ever want to see. It was pretty noisy with the music playing outside, but I expected that being downtown. Housekeeping did not come until 5:30 pm when we were relaxing in our room before dinner, so that was a bit inconvenient. I did not like the fact that free Wi-Fi was not available, but the location and comfort offset that inconvenience for us. We parked ourselves in the garage, and paid $4 a day. I don't know if it was the time of year that allowed us that break (mid Nov.), but considering all the $ we spent downtown, it was good to not spend that on parking. Valet is a waste. Be sure to request a room on a higher floor if possible to get a great view.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want quiet, but request a room on a high floor for the view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I travel for business and personal quite frequently. I really didn't want to stay here but was here for a conference at the Hilton which was sold out for the group discount. So this hotel was a sad backup. First off the room I got on the 7 th floor was worn. Needs much updating. The green chair and ottoman were dirty and old. carpet stained. Towels are worn and thin. Room was stuffy and walls are paper thin. Heard the tv next door loud and their conversations as if they were in my room! Buses drive by alot and too much street noise. Shower head had no pressure and hot and cold temp was switched so I burned myself. They use a lot of chlorine in the water. The Bed was comfy. The pillows not. Pillows are 2 sizes only: jumbo and child size. I don't get that. So I piled them up to support my head. Not comfortable. Housekeeping did a good job of cleaning my room though. A refrigerator would have been nice to have in the room. I do recommend the restaurant downstairs. Food was very good. Service was great. Staff at hotel are great. They are the best thing about this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ILKLEY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Good location for downtown/Ryman auditorium etc.
Very expensive perhaps due to CMA week. Also valet parking + Tax was almost $30 a night!
free WiFi only available on 1st 4 floors & didn't work for my UK mobile.
Room comfortable 7 large with view.
Overnight received receipt which charged my CC in full.
Reception advised no breakfast included. My records showed it was, but I was nearly charged for it again, but refused to sign the charge.
Left with mixed emotions....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Nashville Hotel? Share your experiences!