“Very Gracious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Nashville Hotel

You added Renaissance Nashville Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Nashville Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   611 Commerce St, Nashville, TN 37203 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“Very Gracious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and our best friend for the Middle Tennessee Anime Convention. All of the staff were particularly gracious and helpful. At least twice staff helped us bypass the overloaded elevators and get up to our room quickly and safely, with all of our luggage. All of the staff had a great attitude despite the overwhelming amount of people at the hotel. The room itself was very nice, but I would have traded some space for free wi-fi. Priorities. Check-in and check-out all went smoothly. Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Renaissance in Downtown Nashville while there to attend a concert. The hotel staff was very helpful with directions to get us from place to place in the down town area. Out room was clean and very comfortable. The only complaint I will voice was that our "neighbors" were quite loud and we were able to hear them through the walls. This was only in the morning when they were moving about and will not discourage me from staying at this hotel on our next visit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Chicago Suburbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Liked - It was better than the Sheraton! I switched hotels to here from the Sheraton and they were much better prepared. Rooms were ready on time and the place was much nicer. The club level is nice, however they charge for booze. I wish Marriott stuck to a policy on what clubs they charge and for what? It should be more consistant. The rooms were nice and it is 2 blocks from all the action. I will be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
chicago,illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I read reviews prior to arrival so I was aware of the parking situation (lot across street as opposed to valet) and had an idea of my location and what was nearby. From the moment we arrived I felt that Southern hospitality was alive and well. Eliza checked us in and we upgraded to a larger corner room. The key machine was not working so the bellman (Philip)took us up to the room and got us situated. 10 minutes later Eliza showed up at our door with our keys and checking if the room was ok. On our way out they (Eliza and her co-worker)gave us some ideas for dinner down the block and off we went. She also gave us brochures for local tours to consider. Bed was comfortable, they checked to make sure we got our rollaway and housekeeping did exactly what they were supposed to do. Loved it and am looking forward to coming back. Great job well done.

Room Tip: High floor. Corner rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This is a very expensive hotel that seems outdated. If you are above the third floor you have to
pay $14.95 for internet access, even if it isnt wireless, that is ridiculous in this day and age. My expensive room didnt even have a refrigerator, so the waters I brought with me stayed warm. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. Parking was across the street and not free. I believe it was $8 every time you entered the garage.

Room Tip: some rooms have views of a brick wall
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
West Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

The hotel is centrally located in downtown Nashville near the convention center. It is walkable to many attractions down town. Service upon check in was friendly and efficient. The rooms were pretty standard, although walls were a bit thin, and shower didn't drain properly. Room prices can be a bit steep with extras for internet and parking. There are free internet kiosks in the lobby though. Will keep searching for the perfect Nashville hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bedford, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

As others have noted repeatedly, you really can't beat the location. The convention center is next door, the Bridgestone Arena is a block away, and there are a ton of great music venues & restaurants.

Sadly, the hotel staff falls flat when it comes to service.

A few examples:
1) My wife asked the concierge for some recommendations on local restaurants that would be able to handle food allergies. An unusual request? Sure, but not an impossible request. Instead of just saying "oh honey, anyone can handle that", perhaps she should have at least attempted a google search. Which is what we did when we realized that she wasn't interested in being helpful.

2) When I asked for a list of local running trails, the same person pulled out a tourist map and highlighted a few streets and even suggested I run around the football stadium parking lot. Seriously? That's the best you can do? A month ago, when I posed this same question to the concierge in a Renaissance in Boston, I was handed a pre-printed cards with detailed directions, distances, and actual maps to actual running trails.

3) The housekeepers knocked on the door around 8:30AM both days to ask us when we would be leaving the room. Before leaving the room, I placed a few unfinished (but stone cold) cups of coffee near the trash can by the desk. When we returned, they had been lined up on the dresser in front of the TV. The sheets were stained and not changed during our stay.

4) The website says that valet parking is $27/day. My bill says $29.50. I guess that includes tax - though I find it strange that it is not broken out like the taxes for the room. Thinking back, I should have just parked in the garage across the street for $8/day.

Overall, the Renaissance has a lot of potential to be a true 4-star experience, but it just isn't there right now.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Nashville Hotel? Share your experiences!