“Wonderful Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Rochester, New York
“Wonderful Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

We booked a block of hotel rooms for our wedding guests at this hotel. Everyone was coming in from out of town, and we wanted something that was inexpensive yet still close to downtown. On the day of our arrival, we were able to check in early. We also had welcome bags for the 25 rooms that our group had booked, and the front desk was able to handle these perfectly in addition to all of their other guests. Not a single bag was missed! One of our guests had organized a surprise wedding shower brunch for me, and she told me that it was easy to work with the staff regarding the needs of the group. In addition, we scheduled a Sunday brunch for which we were able to be in the lounge, rather than in the main restaurant. This suggestion from Anna was perfect for our group, since we had 40 people come to brunch and we would have overwhelmed the main dining area.

Prior to our arrival, a family member had mentioned that she had read reviews and was concerned about the hotel...but I was very pleased with our stay. Yes, the hotel is older and some of the decor and carpeting is dated, but once that is overlooked we had a wonderful stay here.

• Stayed May 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I was very surprised by how dirty and poorly maintained our room was since I read good reviews on this site. The room had a bad, moldy odor in it. The connecting room door was splintered at the bottom. The bathroom air vent and a/c vent were filthy. The bathtub had filth in it that I scrubbed. The doorway to the bathroom was very sticky as some one had spilled a drink there and it was not cleaned! The top drawer in our room was broken and the whole room seemed dingey. Public areas seemed worn and in need of refurbishment. On the plus side, the staff were all fantastic. They offered to move our room or deodorize it. We had already unpacked and needed to go out, so we opted for a deodorizer and they came quickly. Later a maid was in the hall and she came to clean the sticky bathroom. Partiers next door were going wild at midnight and the staff put an end to it quickly. The free shuttle service from the airport was perfect. So, A + on service and personnel...very poor on cleanliness and maintenance. (Including the crumbling parking lot that others mentioned.) It is a shame that this hotel is not being cared for. It has a lot going for it but needs looking after.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Harrison, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

We had no issues. Check In was easy, quick and painless. The rooms were nice and roomy altho the bathroom was a little small. Our bathtub water didn't shut off totally but was not a problem. The beds were very soft. A few extra pillows would have been nice.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, May 22, 2010
Dear Guest from Arkansas-
We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Millennium Maxwell House Hotel- and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Music City USA!
Millennium Maxwell House-Nashville Management
Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

A great stay in a fun city. The hotel staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel was nice and bustling with the songwriters' convention happening. The shuttle service to downtown/the airport is a great service since the hotel is kind of far away from the sights, but the area is nice and quiet. This was the only real downside along with the fact the rooms were beginning to get a bit worn. There was a nice patio area outback with a pool, however, since it was early April, it was not yet open. We only ate at the restaurant for breakfast, but it was very tasty and reasonably priced. Parking was free. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, May 20, 2010
Dear LouLouQC,
We were delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us at the Millennium Maxwell House Nashville. It was nice to hear about how our staff impacted your stay. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special.
Thank you so much for staying with us and providing feedback of your stay. We hope to see you very soon in the near future.

Millennium Maxwell House management
Columbia, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

We had driven all day and arrived in the hotel in the evening. We stayed in room 309. When we entered the room we noticed an unpleasent odor and a large dirty stain in the middle of the floor ground in the carpet. We also noticed a red stain in the carpet over by the window. We had to be at a showcase in an hour. My girlfriend took a shower first. The water in the shower would not drain properly. I called the front desk and advised them that the shower would not drain properly. After 20 minutes there was still about 2 inches of water in the tub with the drain wide open.

I took a quick shower standing in dirty water. I did not like it but we were short of time. While in the shower the front desk called and noted to my girlfriend that the maintenence man would be there in 40 minutes.

We left the room and went to our showcase. A few hours later we returned to the room. The next morning we went to take showers the tub still would not drain. I went to check out and advised the front desk that the tub would not drain and that there were stains in the carpet. They asked if I wanted breakfast. I stated "No"

I paid the full amount, Then we left. We will never stay at this hotel again and we do not recommend you to stay there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

Upon arriving at the hotel, I was pleased with the appearance of the hotel and lobby. I was told I would be put on a room on the 8th floor which was only accessible with my room key; not the case. The elevator door opens onto the 8th floor without a key card. Upon enetering the 8th floor it was noticed that there was stains on the ceiling tiles and food trays (from room service) on the floor in the hall next to rooms. These food trays were there from check in to check out. The room was newly updated and pretty similar to the pictures. The bathroom has not been updated. The room was clean, the view was good, could have been much better had my room been facing the downtown area instead of the business district. My only complaint about the room is that there was a huge gap at the bottom side of the door to which I could see into the hallway and the safety latch was not propoerly secured. The bed was OK, not the greatest nor the worst I've ever slept on. The TV was nice, although the picture wasn't what you would expect from a 42 inch plasma. We did not use the free shuttle. Parking is a bit limited at night if you arrive back late. Overall, the hotel was great for what we needed it for. The rate was one of the best I've paid when staying in Nashville and I visit about 5 times a year. I would stay here again if I was in town and could get the same rate.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Having a shuttle to transport us was a travelers plus

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Millennium Maxwell House Nashville? Share your experiences!