“Very Pleased” 4 of 5 stars

Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #80 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
“Very Pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This hotel had its good points and not so good point points, but I was pleased overall. The first thing I noticed was that it smelled clean. The foyer smelled clean, the room smelled clean, even the fitness center smelled clean. It looked clean. That being said... The bathroom had been visibly patched in a few areas on the tile wall around the shower, and needed patched in a few others. It wasn't anything major, so I overlooked it. The fitness center treadmills would have been more welcoming with a different layout, and a couple of them appear to have seen better days. One thing that impressed me was the availability of relatively healthy food. Bottled water was available in the rooms, and in the restaurant water was filled plentifully. The food was good, and reasonably priced. The staff in the hotel was very attentive and pleasant. Even the man in the gift shop was pleasant and recommended some things to do nearby. The hotel is not right in downtown (which suited me fine), but there is a shuttle available. The shuttle is also supposed to run to the airport, but it never came when I called, so I took a taxi. I was able to bring the shuttle back to the airport. The lack of wifi was somewhat disappointing. I stayed on the club level, and I'm not quite sure what the extra cost did for me. Overall, I was pleased. I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Pfranzone, General Manager at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Maxwell House to be a better place. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards, Patrick Hotel - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We are in a different kind of business. I guess one could say, we are in the heavenly business
meeting together each week, and Mike, James and the remaining banqueting team and front
desk staff members have proven superb working skills with an abundance of politeness.
We are enjoying our weekly times at the Millennium Maxwell House of Nashville and have to
take the time to acknowledge how the staff puts their hearts in what they do to accommodate
us. We are a Church Fellowship relocating to the Nashville area and we are very appreciative
and impressed with everything they do. Excellent employees.
Sr. Pastor & Mrs. J.A.WS

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our valued team members are always more than happy to provide our guest with a more enjoyable experience. Look forward to servicing you again at Millennium Maxwell House Hotel. Kind Regards, Patrick Franzone GM
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have stayed here multiple times over the years, most recently two weeks ago. It's not The Ritz. It is, however, a comfortable hotel whose rooms have been updated. For a price similar to a limited service hotel, you can have a big-hotel feel and amenities. Lobby and corridors are a little tired, and the doors are in desperate need of repainting. But once you get inside the room, it's fine. I am amazed that whenever I stay at the hotel (and I usually arrive later in the evening), my check-in experience is akin to the first check-in of a brand new employee that wasn't quite trained properly. I used to get mad-now I'm just amused.
Really, the hotel is not bad at all. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Maxwell House be a better place. We are logging and addressing the front desk issue with the new hotel associate, while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback. Kind Regards, Patrick GM
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had a reservation and it took almost 20 minutes to check in due to inexperience. We booked through Hotwire and were promised FREE internet. When we got to the room, it was $9.95 per day and if you wanted free internet, you had to go to the lobby and use one of their computers. REALLY....in this day and age. Also the FREE internet advertising without explanation was deceiving. When we called to the front desk, we ended up talking to call center person in some other location. Also, the wireless was almost unworkable and we resorted to using a plugged in internet. Our wireless devices wouldn't even pick up the signals.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pfranzone, General Manager at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Nashville be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues on the internet while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates.
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Don't be fooled by a name! I spent a very long week at this property. The worst part was next to no Internet for the entire week. Sometimes it was completely down, and when it was up, it was nearly non-existent. The fastest the service clocked in the entire week was .09 Mpbs! It was unusable! I was not able to get any work done that week. What's worse is that the hotel staff and technical support was of no help and didn't acknowledge a problem, leading me to believe this is standard.

There was a foul sewer-like odor permeating the lobby and vending areas on the floors. This persisted the entire week as well. Housekeeping was lax and there was not attention to detail.

When I checked in, my room was crawling with ladybugs. I am understanding of the situation - there is a massive infestation of them in Tennessee and they are harmless - but I think the room should have been cleared of at least most of them prior to my check-in. A maintenance man came to my room with a shop-vac to clean them up, and the machine didn't have a filter, and it blew a burst of dust all over the room.

I found the staff to be defensive and surly and not sympathetic or helpful. If the Internet worked, the sewage smell was fixed, housekeeping was more proficient, and employees were more gracious, I'd give this property a better rating. However, I don't recommend giving it a try when there are so many choices in Nashville.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Pfranzone, General Manager at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Nashville be a better place. Our staff is trained to serve our guests to the highest standards and we apologize if that is not what you experienced. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback. Kind Regard, Patrick
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

It says that this hotel is downtown, it's not. About 3 miles away and you can't walk have to drive. They do have a shuttle but i like to come and go as I please and not have to wait for a bus
For the price they should give breakfast too
Rooms are fine, place to sleep, no complaints
Didn't find it run down as others have said
It was ok for what we needed, a night in Nashville , but next time I will spend the little extra to actually be downtown

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Nashville be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. We offer shuttle service to and from downtown and to and from Airport. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback. Kind Regards, Patrick
Hazard, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at!!!! I found a grocery bag, gummy bears, coins, dirt, etc under my bed... I asked for a 6 am wake up call.. Didn't receive it... Front desk didn't care one bit about my concerns and issues... Lets not forget to mention their lady bug infestation.. I called also about those concerns, and they weren't surprised.. They said maintenance could come up with a vacuum and suck them all up at 11pm.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for helping to make the Millennium Nashville be a better place. We are logging and addressing these issues while still providing the most enjoyable experience to our guests, and keeping the most competitive rates. The lady bug issues has been in the news and sorry for it negatively impacting your stay. We pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and appreciate your feedback.

Been to Millennium Maxwell House Nashville? Share your experiences!