“Not downtown, but decent price” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #70 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not downtown, but decent price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Every time I browse for hotels in Nashville, I am surprised at how inexpensive this hotel is compared to others. It is listed as "downtown" but it isn't, and it really isn't even walking distance because there is a bridge between it and downtown (and often construction nearby). The lobby is nice and the gift shop has basic things you might have forgotten (toiletries, Advil, snacks), and there is an alright bar if you decide to stay in. There is an outdoor pool there, but I have never used it because of seasonal restrictions. If you plan to stay here, you'll have to have a car to make it downtown (and good luck finding parking), hire a cab ($35ish dollars), or take the shuttle provided by the hotel when it is available. Also, no continental breakfast. The rooms are alright, but dated, and the walls are paper-thin. One time, there was a couple fighting all night in the room next door and I did not get much sleep. It was a tad unnerving that I could hear their entire conversation, word-for-word, through the wall. When I stood against the wall and asked them to quiet down, they could hear me too.
I've stayed here two or three times now because I went on a budget for a business trip (with a car), but if I was visiting Nashville for fun, I'd definitely want to pay up and stay downtown where I can access the hotel if needed. Still, when I see that price online, it's hard to resist..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to you staying with us again!

975 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
NE Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Due to the rate that we got on Priceline, I can't say that I was disappointed. (We paid less than half of the price of the downtown hotels. Note that Priceline considers this a "downtown" hotel, but it is NOT downtown.) The room was very basic and in need of updating, but it served our purpose and was fine. We had drinks & snacks in the hotel bar, and our waiter was very friendly. To-go coffee is $1 in the hotel restaurant. We also used the shuttle to go downtown and to the airport, which was great. For a trip to the city I'd recommend taking the shuttle down, and getting a cab back. That worked great for us. Overall, I'd recommend this hotel for a budget stay near Nashville.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate all comments. Looking forward to your return visit.
Indianapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Me and a group of other travel agents traveled there a couple months ago. We all expressed similar complaints. The rooms had minimal insulation so we could hear other guests speaking normally. Housekeeping knocked on our door before check-out because they wanted to clean the room even though we had our 'Do not disturb' sign up. Food from room service delivery sat out for HOURS outside in the hall which was an awkward sight. When I had to ask the front desk lady for assistance to a question she was unattentive, unenthusiastic, made little eye contact and was playing with her phone. Hello, you're at work! We ate at a luncheon served by the staff. Food was decent but not too impressed with flavor. Breakfast was even less appetizing in my opinion and the layout of the buffet area was confusing. Would rather spend a little more going somewhere else...

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
First thank you for your feedback! We take all comments serious and share them with our team. Cell phones are not aloud on the floor - we will be reviewing. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to a return visit.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Took free shuttle from airport had to wait a few minutes but it was worth it. the cabs wanted 35 dollars one way and grayline was 20 dollars. saved me and my family close to 100 dollars. checked in hotel and greeted by nice young man name edward. he gave us a room with 2 beds and we had nice room with a great view. took shuttle downtown several times over the next 3 days, had to wait for it but it was free. This was better than finding and paying for parking. downtown was fun and extremely busy and we were dropped in front of convention center and walked everywhere. my family and i had a great stay would highly reccommend hotel.

Room Tip: city view is nice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We love our guests! We are looking forward to sharing your comments with our entire team. We hope you return soon! Thank you again for your feedback.
Paris, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one of his conferences. Good thing we only had to stay one night. The bed was so hard it was like sleeping on cardboard. We would have been better off sleeping in the car.
The shower head was broken and the water was luke warm at best.
Not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are researching your comments. We look forward to you returning to Nashville.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for two nights and it wasn't a terrible place for the price. However, like everyone else stated there are a couple of problems. My biggest problem was the rooms are so paper thin that I heard everything next door. At one point during the night me and my neighbor were battling with the volume of our TVs because they are located right next to the door that connects the two rooms. So I eventually gave up on mine and listened to their TV while mine was on mute. That's how thin the walls are. Second, the customer service at the front desk really needs some help. Multiple times I felt like I was bothering them and one of the ladies never even looked at me! She would answer the phone and tend to them while I was in the middle of my question. Felt like they didn't even know the area well because she just kept giving me a brochure and telling me to look it all up when I wanted her opinions on what to do in the city. Would only recommend staying a this hotel if you knew the city well and wasn't a first time visit.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that's not surrounded by anyone.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate all feedback from our guests. We thank you for choosing our hotel while you were in Nashville.

Been to Millennium Maxwell House Nashville? Share your experiences!