“Almost good to the last drop!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Now & Save 20%
Ranked #82 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Ocean City, MD
“Almost good to the last drop!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed at the Millennium Maxwell House for a week long conference. The hotel is located about five to ten minutes away from downtown Nashville. There is a shuttle which runs continuously until about 1030 pm for hotel guests. Cab ride back to the hotel is about $10 dollars.

The hotel rooms are in need of a re-model. The standard rooms are small and the bathrooms are extremely tiny and need repair. The mattresses in the room are old but somewhat comfortable. The bar and restaurant on the property are average.

On at least three ocassions I had to have my key card re-keyed to gain entry into my room. The front desk staff said it was probably from having my key card next to some metal or a cell phone. I've traveled all over the world and had heard this numerous times. This is the FIRST time it has ever happened to me though. Just a little inconvenient at times.

The conference facilities are superb for large groups and the staff was very attentive to every need.

If you are planning a stay in Nashville this hotel is ok but I would recommend staying somewhere downtown in the heart of Music City...

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing downtown Nashville.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. Our complimentary shuttle is very successful in getting guests to the entertainment area of downtown Nashville without the high cost of parking. We hope to see you again soon.

Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I booked the Maxwell House for its history and reputation. I was not disappointed. Our room was pleasant and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the room quiet. The downtown view was wonderful. Though we found the breakfast buffet to be cold, we ordered from the menu for the next two days and the food was hot and excellent. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to you staying with us again soon.
Portland, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

i booked this hotel through hotwire. it was fine, a good deal for being close to downtown and the shuttle was nice (if a little unpredictable). the staff were friendly, the room was just ok though my shower was clogged up and they never fixed it even though i asked. the problem came a month later when my credit card statement arrived and millennium charged me for the 3 nights (keep in mind i had already paid hotwire). i just called millennium and after about 10 minutes the staff person told me she figured it out and would take it off. hopefully that will happen smoothly. however, i still have to pay this month's credit card bill! she told me this is a glitch in their credit card machine that occurs sometimes... what??? kind of a big "glitch". and she explained that i will get charged the correct amount ($14, which was on the hard copy invoice they gave me when i checked out) for a meal i had in the restaurant. i might feel a little better about it if they had at least offered to pay for my bacon and eggs, sheesh! i don't even know how to suggest others be careful of this since your invoice is correct when you check out, so you don't find out that you are overcharged until you see it on your statement. be careful of this if you choose to stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
We appreciate your feedback. We are investigating with our accounting department regarding your comments. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you visit again soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked this hotel through a blind bid using Hotwire after being stranded after a cancelled flight. I was wary of doing this as this looked like the likely option in that star rating in downtown Nashville. The hotel is a 10 minute drive from downtown. The hotel shuttle picked me up from downtown Nashville after quite a wait. However, the desk at the front desk were very nice and upgraded me to their executive floor after hearing my story. The upgrade certainly did not register as fabulous, so the standard rooms in this hotel may not come up to much. However, as they were so nice and the price is really good, I gave it a very good rating. Probably a better hotel for those with a car.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to serving you again n the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night while in Nashville for a concert. We arrived early and were pleased to be advised that we could check in ahead of the advertised time. Having read some of the negative comments placed on trip advisor, our expectations for the standard of room were low. We were however delighted with the standard of accommodation. The room itself was large and exceptionally clean, the bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom, although a little tired, was more than adequate. The view if downtown Nashville was fantastic. The fact that the hotel is 3 miles out of downtown was a positive for us. Easy access to and from the freeway, plenty of free parking and the hotel has a convenient shuttle service to broadway. If I'm in Nashville again in the future, we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Claire B
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.
Land O Lakes, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel was nice and had all the essentials. The beds were okay, the pillows were a bit flat but okay, and the rooms were clean and the rates weren't bad. The lobby area was quite nice. I was happy with the restaurant/bar area that had TV's, decent appetizers, and a decent selection of beer. I also appreciated the complementary shuttle to downtown! The front desk and drivers were all very nice and helpful. I would have liked fluffier pillows, a more comfortable bed, and curtains that closed all the way to block light in the morning. But all in all this was a good choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We do appreciate all feedback. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do look forward to serving you again.
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went to the Bears and Titans game on Nov 4, 2012, so we knew that hotels would be booked and prices would be higher. My friends and I got the hotel on Hotwire. It was close to the stadium (provided shuttles all day). However, the rooms were not in great shape. One of the regular channels on our TV to watch Sunday night football was unclear, you could see rust in our bathroom, and the beds weren't particurlary comfortable (didn't even use fitted sheets). But I guess the biggest complaint had to be the pillows. Folks - bring your own!! They have huge pillows that will kill your neck....couldn't get comfortable for 2 nights. Restless sleep...oh and the vending machines on every floor only had cokes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank L R
Thank you so much for your feedback. Please make sure on your return visit to request a feather pillow for your bed. We look forward to serving you again soon.