“ok til time to pay!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Portland, Oregon, United States
“ok til time to pay!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

i booked this hotel through hotwire. it was fine, a good deal for being close to downtown and the shuttle was nice (if a little unpredictable). the staff were friendly, the room was just ok though my shower was clogged up and they never fixed it even though i asked. the problem came a month later when my credit card statement arrived and millennium charged me for the 3 nights (keep in mind i had already paid hotwire). i just called millennium and after about 10 minutes the staff person told me she figured it out and would take it off. hopefully that will happen smoothly. however, i still have to pay this month's credit card bill! she told me this is a glitch in their credit card machine that occurs sometimes... what??? kind of a big "glitch". and she explained that i will get charged the correct amount ($14, which was on the hard copy invoice they gave me when i checked out) for a meal i had in the restaurant. i might feel a little better about it if they had at least offered to pay for my bacon and eggs, sheesh! i don't even know how to suggest others be careful of this since your invoice is correct when you check out, so you don't find out that you are overcharged until you see it on your statement. be careful of this if you choose to stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
We appreciate your feedback. We are investigating with our accounting department regarding your comments. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you visit again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked this hotel through a blind bid using Hotwire after being stranded after a cancelled flight. I was wary of doing this as this looked like the likely option in that star rating in downtown Nashville. The hotel is a 10 minute drive from downtown. The hotel shuttle picked me up from downtown Nashville after quite a wait. However, the desk at the front desk were very nice and upgraded me to their executive floor after hearing my story. The upgrade certainly did not register as fabulous, so the standard rooms in this hotel may not come up to much. However, as they were so nice and the price is really good, I gave it a very good rating. Probably a better hotel for those with a car.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to serving you again n the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night while in Nashville for a concert. We arrived early and were pleased to be advised that we could check in ahead of the advertised time. Having read some of the negative comments placed on trip advisor, our expectations for the standard of room were low. We were however delighted with the standard of accommodation. The room itself was large and exceptionally clean, the bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom, although a little tired, was more than adequate. The view if downtown Nashville was fantastic. The fact that the hotel is 3 miles out of downtown was a positive for us. Easy access to and from the freeway, plenty of free parking and the hotel has a convenient shuttle service to broadway. If I'm in Nashville again in the future, we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.
Land O Lakes, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel was nice and had all the essentials. The beds were okay, the pillows were a bit flat but okay, and the rooms were clean and the rates weren't bad. The lobby area was quite nice. I was happy with the restaurant/bar area that had TV's, decent appetizers, and a decent selection of beer. I also appreciated the complementary shuttle to downtown! The front desk and drivers were all very nice and helpful. I would have liked fluffier pillows, a more comfortable bed, and curtains that closed all the way to block light in the morning. But all in all this was a good choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We do appreciate all feedback. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do look forward to serving you again.
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went to the Bears and Titans game on Nov 4, 2012, so we knew that hotels would be booked and prices would be higher. My friends and I got the hotel on Hotwire. It was close to the stadium (provided shuttles all day). However, the rooms were not in great shape. One of the regular channels on our TV to watch Sunday night football was unclear, you could see rust in our bathroom, and the beds weren't particurlary comfortable (didn't even use fitted sheets). But I guess the biggest complaint had to be the pillows. Folks - bring your own!! They have huge pillows that will kill your neck....couldn't get comfortable for 2 nights. Restless sleep...oh and the vending machines on every floor only had cokes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your feedback. Please make sure on your return visit to request a feather pillow for your bed. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I travel to Nashville 3 or 4 times a year for business and usually stay at the Sheraton downtown. It was booked (as was all of downtown due to CMA awards) so I booked the Millennium Maxwell. I was a little concerned after reading several negative reviews on this site but was pleasantly surprised when I checked in. The lobby was nice, the person checking me in was extremely friendly (although she made a few mistakes as you will see) and my room was very nice. I did have a club room, room 902 to be specific. It had a beautiful view of downtown. I was even thinking I might start staying at this hotel from now on. The Sheraton charges an exorbantant fee for wi-fi and $20 a day for parking. At the club level you get free wi-fi (although the check in person did not tell me how to access it but I wasn't working that night so for this stay it didn't matter), breakfast and parking is free with shuttle service. So I started to think this might be a good deal! At least I was until the next morning. First I went down to breakfast. The restuarant asked me for my white card. I went back up to my room to get the only card I had been given which was trying to get you to 'like' the hotel on Facebook. No, that wasn't the card for breakfast. The check in person had not given me one. So after calling the front desk (and a totla delay of maybe 10 minutes) I got my breakfast (which was quite good by the way!). Now running slightly later than I would have liked I got my suitcases and went to the front desk to check out and get my receipt. No receipt. I was told they had no way to print a receipt, that since I booked through Expedia, the email from Expedia was my receipt. I have booked many hotels through Expedia and never had a problem getting a receipt. I really needed it that day to turn in with my expense report and now had no way to print it out. So my expense report was delayed. Then I asked for a shuttle to downtwon and told the front desk clerk I need to run to my car. As I was walking out the shuttle driver was there and asked if I was going downtown. Yes, I'll be right back, just let me run to my car. No problem - I'll wait! he said. When I got back - not shuttle! He had left! I went to the front desk, she tried to call him to come back but he never answered. After waiting a few minutes I realized I would have to drive myself. By the time I drove downtown, found parking (at a cost of $25 by the way) and walked to few blocks to my meeting I was late. 15 people waiting for me. It was unprofessional and extremely embarassing. I would never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Value would be good if you received all the services, i.e. the shuttle driver didn't run off and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We do appreciate your feedback. We are addressing your concerns with our team. That is not like us. Please contact us direct for your next stay.
saveourpens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I was kind of disheartened after reading some of the reviews but either those people are chronic complainers or the hotel listened and completely renovated itself. Rooms were clean, new, lobby was nice. Only minus for me was that it wasnt in downtown so a car is a must for travellers. Would recommend 100%.

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback. We do have the complimentary shuttle for your use! Again we appreciate you taking time to write a review.

Been to Millennium Maxwell House Nashville? Share your experiences!