“Great hotel for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #70 of 150 hotels in Nashville
“Great hotel for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night while in Nashville for a concert. We arrived early and were pleased to be advised that we could check in ahead of the advertised time. Having read some of the negative comments placed on trip advisor, our expectations for the standard of room were low. We were however delighted with the standard of accommodation. The room itself was large and exceptionally clean, the bed was large and comfortable. The bathroom, although a little tired, was more than adequate. The view if downtown Nashville was fantastic. The fact that the hotel is 3 miles out of downtown was a positive for us. Easy access to and from the freeway, plenty of free parking and the hotel has a convenient shuttle service to broadway. If I'm in Nashville again in the future, we will definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

989 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Land O Lakes, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel was nice and had all the essentials. The beds were okay, the pillows were a bit flat but okay, and the rooms were clean and the rates weren't bad. The lobby area was quite nice. I was happy with the restaurant/bar area that had TV's, decent appetizers, and a decent selection of beer. I also appreciated the complementary shuttle to downtown! The front desk and drivers were all very nice and helpful. I would have liked fluffier pillows, a more comfortable bed, and curtains that closed all the way to block light in the morning. But all in all this was a good choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We do appreciate all feedback. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we do look forward to serving you again.
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went to the Bears and Titans game on Nov 4, 2012, so we knew that hotels would be booked and prices would be higher. My friends and I got the hotel on Hotwire. It was close to the stadium (provided shuttles all day). However, the rooms were not in great shape. One of the regular channels on our TV to watch Sunday night football was unclear, you could see rust in our bathroom, and the beds weren't particurlary comfortable (didn't even use fitted sheets). But I guess the biggest complaint had to be the pillows. Folks - bring your own!! They have huge pillows that will kill your neck....couldn't get comfortable for 2 nights. Restless sleep...oh and the vending machines on every floor only had cokes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your feedback. Please make sure on your return visit to request a feather pillow for your bed. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I travel to Nashville 3 or 4 times a year for business and usually stay at the Sheraton downtown. It was booked (as was all of downtown due to CMA awards) so I booked the Millennium Maxwell. I was a little concerned after reading several negative reviews on this site but was pleasantly surprised when I checked in. The lobby was nice, the person checking me in was extremely friendly (although she made a few mistakes as you will see) and my room was very nice. I did have a club room, room 902 to be specific. It had a beautiful view of downtown. I was even thinking I might start staying at this hotel from now on. The Sheraton charges an exorbantant fee for wi-fi and $20 a day for parking. At the club level you get free wi-fi (although the check in person did not tell me how to access it but I wasn't working that night so for this stay it didn't matter), breakfast and parking is free with shuttle service. So I started to think this might be a good deal! At least I was until the next morning. First I went down to breakfast. The restuarant asked me for my white card. I went back up to my room to get the only card I had been given which was trying to get you to 'like' the hotel on Facebook. No, that wasn't the card for breakfast. The check in person had not given me one. So after calling the front desk (and a totla delay of maybe 10 minutes) I got my breakfast (which was quite good by the way!). Now running slightly later than I would have liked I got my suitcases and went to the front desk to check out and get my receipt. No receipt. I was told they had no way to print a receipt, that since I booked through Expedia, the email from Expedia was my receipt. I have booked many hotels through Expedia and never had a problem getting a receipt. I really needed it that day to turn in with my expense report and now had no way to print it out. So my expense report was delayed. Then I asked for a shuttle to downtwon and told the front desk clerk I need to run to my car. As I was walking out the shuttle driver was there and asked if I was going downtown. Yes, I'll be right back, just let me run to my car. No problem - I'll wait! he said. When I got back - not shuttle! He had left! I went to the front desk, she tried to call him to come back but he never answered. After waiting a few minutes I realized I would have to drive myself. By the time I drove downtown, found parking (at a cost of $25 by the way) and walked to few blocks to my meeting I was late. 15 people waiting for me. It was unprofessional and extremely embarassing. I would never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Value would be good if you received all the services, i.e. the shuttle driver didn't run off and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Theresa S, Director of Sales at Millennium Maxwell House Nashville, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We do appreciate your feedback. We are addressing your concerns with our team. That is not like us. Please contact us direct for your next stay.
saveourpens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I was kind of disheartened after reading some of the reviews but either those people are chronic complainers or the hotel listened and completely renovated itself. Rooms were clean, new, lobby was nice. Only minus for me was that it wasnt in downtown so a car is a must for travellers. Would recommend 100%.

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback. We do have the complimentary shuttle for your use! Again we appreciate you taking time to write a review.
Blackpool, Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We visited for a concert at the Ryman. Was a bit sceptical about the shuttle but on the whole it worked well for us although on a couple of afternoons we shared a taxi back with another couple due to a long wait. Be careful after midnight as we were charged $25 for the ride back in the early hours which seemed to be a standard charge. Before midnight the taxi is about $10. The shuttle arrived promptly at the airport. The hotel was fine. We were checked in quite quickly. The amenities are as stated although no sign of white fluffly bathrobes just one cotton one. When pointed out at reception we got an extra one but not fluffy! Lots of towels and the bed was very comfortable. Room was very acceptable and great value for money. Breakfast was buffet style and included in room price. There was a decent choice and plenty of it (much better than our previous stay at the Holiday Inn Express which was a lot more expensive). First day it was only luke warm but I told reception and they seemed to act on this. Sorry didn't eat at the hotel restaurant so cannot comment. Free safe deposit box at reception was nother bonus and greatly appreciated. All in all I am more than happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to you coming back again.
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our convention (Fangcon) room block was not filled as a result of inept registration by the hotel that continually told attendees that the room block was full. We had several attendees that had to stay at other hotels, or were charged full price as a result of this misinformation. Also, the contract negotiated "free" internet was charged to many of our attendees and they were told that they would have to contact the hotel individually to have it refunded afterwards (most were not told that they could get this refund). The registration problems went on for months and some attendees literally got into shouting matches with the hotel before being allowed to reserve rooms in an open room block. The hotel refused to have their corporate headquarters contact us prior to our event while we were experiencing these problems and they refused to give us their corporate contact information after our event ended. We requested the hotel not run the credit card on file pending a sit down meeting about the rooms situation, but the hotel ran the convention credit card anyway without our approval. When we had our final closing meeting, the staff tried to trick us into paying for rooms that they could have filled. We had to contest the credit card charges pending an investigation into the hotel practices and to allow ourselves time to contact an attorney. We never received a requested final printout of the rooms that were actually occupied by our attendees and are currently gathering information from all our attendees on their registration problems and finding an alarming rate of people that could not get rooms from an open room block or were told that the room block was full. We even had a "special" reservation number that was given to us to call by the hotel manager who assured us that these problems would cease. Instead, the problems became worse. Sometimes the "special" number was unmanned because the staff was all gone, and attendees were still told the room blocks were full by the uninformed desk staff. I have contacted another group that I am associated with that has had similar problems with this hotel. One last insult hurled at us was the fact that when we tried to talk to the hotel about possible dates for next year, the hotel for over two months refused to offer open dates for our group's possible return. Now the dates we wanted are filled (so they say) even though our event got a good rating from the management and staff. The facilities were fine, the rooms adequate, the support staff was friendly and helpful. The management was inept, money hungry, and misleading at every turn. I was greatly insulted by sales staff telling me that myself, and my convention board and staff were lying, even in the face of witnesses and emails. By the way, the convention was there to raise money for animal charity. Nice.

Room Tip: Talk to the desk personnel. They are very helpful. The reason for the terrible rating on service w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Millennium Maxwell House Nashville? Share your experiences!