“Like Staying in a Crime Scene” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4271 Sidco Drive, Nashville, TN 37204   |
Ranked #104 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Like Staying in a Crime Scene”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Have stayed in several Red Roof Inns with great satisfaction, but this one needs lots of help! Dirty carpet, crime scene stains on the walls...all of them, the sheets had tears in them (found them when I got in bed), no amenities and the room was 10X20 at best. The price was commensurate, but we expected so much more from past experience. In their defense, the remodel will begin soon (not too soon!). Give this property a month or two before you think of staying here. It was bad enough the front desk attendant would not look me in the eye and ask how my stay was when I checked out. He knew!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Plano, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Prices are cheap. But not worth it.

Dirty. Nestled between a rail yard and the highway. The only good news was the air conditioner was noisier than the trains across the street. Neighborhood looked bad. Wasn't sure car was going to be there, or at least the windows intact, when I got up. Fortunately no problem.

I won't be returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have stayed here off and on for two years .it was great til it was bought out. I made reservations for sat July 22 .
I called two days prior to cancel as we had a change of plans . As I spoke with Kim she told me I had no reservations and not to worry about it. As I looked at my bank account they charged me. I called the manager to get this refunded however he insinuated that I was being untruthful. However it has not been refunded. I have always used red roof but this has changed my mind about red roofs since the red roof corporate office has not even responded to my complaint

• Stayed June 2013
Pueblo, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The rate here was so cheap, particularly considering that my husband and I stayed during the CMA Festival, so I can't really complain! It's your typical frontage road inn, pull up, sleep, then off you go. However, for being just off the highway, the location was a nice surprise, being right next to a Waffle House, Cracker Barrel, and only down the road from a small shopping complex and other restaurants. BUT if you are a light sleeper, I would warn you that the Inn is across from a rail yard, which kept my husband up at times (but I slept right through it). The bed wasn't comfortable, but the room was clean, and the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.

Like I said, I really can't complain: I wasn't in Nashville to hang at a hotel, so to just crash here for the night on a dime was exactly what I ordered!

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there was a "backside" to the Inn, but if so, then it might be quieter...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a great stay at this Red Roof. The staff were friendly and helpful and the accomodation was of a high standard. Being close to the Nashville Zoo and having the sights and sounds of Nashville just a few minutes up the road made this an ideal place for us to stay. Although on three floors, it has an elevator so it was no problem for us older people. With a Waffle House just 100yds up the road it was no problem getting a good start to the day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof1, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Pictureseer, On behalf of the management and employees at Red Roof Inn I want to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We strive to provide clean rooms, freindly and helpful staff, as well as reasonable rates. If you are traveling through Nashville again please consider staying with us again.

Kimberly
Jasper, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Good clean rooms and a decent price. Right next to the interstate but far enough that traffic noise is minimal. Good cold air conditiooning. Close to downtown and five minutes from Opryland and OpryMills.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof1, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
On behalf of the management and staff of Red Roof Inn, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms, reasonable rates and friendly staff. If you should return to the Nashville area we would love to have you as our guest once again.

Thanks again,
Kimberly
Emmaus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The room itself was quite nice, but unfortunately the neighborhood was not. Also the A/C unit was very loud. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean, but the area was not one that we felt comfortable walking in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!