“Great Room/ good price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #101 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Jasper, Alabama
“Great Room/ good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Good clean rooms and a decent price. Right next to the interstate but far enough that traffic noise is minimal. Good cold air conditiooning. Close to downtown and five minutes from Opryland and OpryMills.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof1, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
On behalf of the management and staff of Red Roof Inn, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms, reasonable rates and friendly staff. If you should return to the Nashville area we would love to have you as our guest once again.

Thanks again,
Kimberly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Emmaus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The room itself was quite nice, but unfortunately the neighborhood was not. Also the A/C unit was very loud. The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean, but the area was not one that we felt comfortable walking in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I'm a single mom with two young children who traveled to Nashville for a homeschool convention. This hotel was very conveniently located to the Expo Center/Fairgrounds, Zoo, Children's museum and only 10 minutes from Cool Springs Galleria. With my AAA discount the room was $44.99 weeknight and $49.99 weekend. I was very impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. Even though our room faced I-65 we were not bothered with traffic noise. The other clientele seemed to be families or couples. Overall we felt very safe and considering the low price for the area I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jasper, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

the rooms were excellent friendly empolyees especially the young lady at the front desk believe her name was kim she was willing to help in any way she could great place to stay most clerks and other empolyees of hotels are usually surly they were not great location for my trip excellent job keep up the good work

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked through booking.com and the website was VERY misleading. It stated that I was booking 2 double rooms with double beds so I was expecting adjoining rooms with double beds. Four rooms total, what I got at check in was two rooms with two beds in each. The website should state a SINGLE room with double beds...front desk was very helpful though and the rooms were nice and decently priced and close to down town...overall I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our third, and definitely last, stay at this Red Roof. Our stay was two nights long. Earlier, we had been treated to a helpful and kind front desk, and Nashville rooms are very expensive, so this was our best value, or so we thought. My husband liked it better than I did. I agreed to stay one more time, despite my reservations. In the previous visits, I was annoyed at the noise from the railroad switch yard across the street and the fact there there was either a plumbing or an electrical maintenance problem in each of our previous rooms.

This stay was beyond awful. The weather seal on our door was missing and hubby had to go out and buy some material to try to block out the sound and be able to use the deadbolt. In addition, the thermostat cover had been torn off and there was no way to adjust room temperature (the fan by the window is for a/c only, not heat) so our room was cold as I needed to run the fan all night to block out the noise, and we couldn't turn on heat. The internet was down or extremely slow from the time we got there until the morning we left. I talked to the man at the front desk and he tried to set me up with a call from the wandering wifi service man (the clerk wasn't aware of any problems with internet, and he seemed to not believe me) but when I went up to my room to get the phone call, the phone plug came right out of the wall. I had to shove the bed over to try to get it back in but the whole phone jack had been torn away from the wall.

What more can I say? The room was okay other than the deficiencies named above, and it seemed clean enough. One more thing; housekeeping never showed up to clean our room while we were gone most of the afternoon until late night. What else could go wrong? They will lose a lot of business, that's what.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Middleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I don't like to say anything if I have nothing good to say, however, I feel compelled to say something. This is absolutely the most disgusting hotel we have ever stayed at.
This is not the "nice, clean, and cheap" Red Roof experience - it was somewhat cheap with my discount, however, the room was SO GROSS. It was not just a matter of being dirty... the drywall was falling apart, the furniture was damaged, there were splatters of weird gooey liquid on the walls, we didn't even feel like we could sit on the bed spread. Honestly, we didn't even use the sink or shower and didn't change out of our clothes when we slept in, since this was just a stop over for our long drive from Wisconsin to Florida.
Also, this hotel is located by a rail yard (railroad yard)... they work on the railcars all night and you can hear the noises. The area does not feel safe. If my husband wasn't with me, there is no way I would have stayed there... he did not feel safe either.
Do not book a room at this hotel. You will pay $40-50 more for a better place, but it's worth it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!