“Location, Location, Location....” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #104 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Baton Rouge, LA
“Location, Location, Location....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds for two night on a recent business trip. Location is very important to me when traveling...This Red Roof Inn had both good and bad as far as location...
For the bad- it was across the street from some kind of industrial company. I didn't notice the noise the first evening (Sunday) but I did hear a lot of noise on Monday evening and early on Tuesday morning when I was checking out.
For the good- it was close to Wal-Mart which made it easy to purchase a couple of items I forgot to pack for the trip. It was also close to a large mall, some really good restaurants and it was almost a straight shot (about 5 miles) to the location where our conference was being held.

The room was okay. When I checked in and pulled down the sheets I found hairs on both the sheet and the pillow. I asked for clean sheets and someone brought up another set. There were hairs on this set as well. Otherwise the room appeared clean. The refrigerator worked fine, no issues with the shower or tv. The staff was helpful.

Best for a weekend stay due to the noise, but overall it wasn't a bad stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel, it may be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We checked in during late evening hours, came from Roanoke Va, while at the counter getting the room all the brochures with room pics made us want a room with frig and microwave, it was stamped the best value, joke on us. we entered the room to a total hot mess, dirty, smelly carpets, blood stain and burn marks, I blame that on the guest, old frig, a round table engraved with roberts a H--(garden tool), we slept in our clothes, the room was a total mess, I can't really say what I want here because it would involve a lot of cuss words which would be the true picture of this mess. I read here they are redoing the motel, right, just patching it up, charging you for the mess and not returning your call when you complain and want a refund or part of your money back. Long story short, I don't know what everyone else is talking about the place should not be open until they complete what ever they claim they are doing. Never will we stay there again, and they give RED ROOF a bad name, I'm a ready card member and I will not stay at this location again. sign Pissed off.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

we were in town after vday in feb, we could not find a hotel anywhere in town until we chose to drive south and came upon this hotel, we received great customer service from the front desk clerk and the manager. our room was clean and comfortable and had a very pleasant smell. the heat worked great since it was cold outside both nights we stayed. coffee was always fresh and hot in the lobby. I belive this hotel is about to start some sort of renovations do it as it looks like it needs a uplift, we will be back here next time we are in town.

Room Tip: ask for upper floor rooms as they are newly renovated.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I recently stayed at the red roof inn and the front desk clerk Michelle was awesome. As I do alot of traveling and staying in hotels she explained the ready card and signed me up for one so I can get discounts and free nights stays. The location is not that great but for the price it is tolerable. I will stay at red roof inn from now on also Michelle said the hotel is about to get renovated which is a plus for me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this motel over the years on business because it has always been cheap, clean and close to where I need to be. My latest stay will be my last until the renovation. It was old, dirty and not very well mainained. The check in clerk was rude and disinterested but the morning person and the manager were great. They appologized for my room and gave me a discount. They understood my feelings and told me the motel would soon be under a major renovation. I will try it again after it is done and let you know.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here December 21st, it was a quick and easy check in, and best yet NO PET CHARGE. We looked at a couple of other hotels in the area and they were around $25 per pet/ per night!! The location is good, easy to get to off the free way. The room was small, but since we were only there to sleep it didn't bother us. They also have military discounts!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brea,CA / Chattanooga, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The friendly, helpful staff will try get you a quiet room IF you ask. Helps to check in as early as possible. Their remodeled rooms have computer table/outlets. I had 4 nights and will repeat next trip to Nashville.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!