“Not bad. Clean, and very friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4271 Sidco Drive, Nashville, TN 37204   |
Ranked #104 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Georgia
“Not bad. Clean, and very friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed here on a Friday and Saturday nights for the Georgia, Vanderbilt football game. Price seemed very good, but then afterwards we realized that for the two nights, we would be charged over $25 in taxes. (plus $1.50 for the safe in the room, which we did not use) Not sure if we could have opted out of the safe charge or not, they never asked and we had them email the receipt, so were already home when we noticed the charge. The hotel is very convenient, right off of the interstate. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant just down the street and a Super Walmart within 2 miles for shopping. There is a steel mill of some sort on one side of the motel and the interstate on the other side (close). We had a room on the interstate side, but traffic noises did not bother us at all. I think that if we had been on the side of the steel mill, the loud noises from that would have been heard- so be aware. There was some sort of large dog show going on this week-end in Nashville, and the hotel was home to literally 100's of dogs. However, the rooms must be well insulated, as we did not hear anything during the night. (we were on the 3rd floor, which may have helped) The rooms were very clean and our room (307) looked like the furnishings, as well as the bathroom floor were new. We had a king bed, which had four pillows, which was nice. There was a business desk, which made the room a little crowded, but the extra counter space was nice. There was a refrigerator and microwave. Bed was a little bit too hard, so if that bothers you, you might need to go elsewhere. They had no breakfast of any kind, just coffee. No iron or ironing board in the room, although they gladly furnished an iron and small, counter top ironing board when I asked for one. Because of the convenience of this hotel, we were pleased with our stay, but might not stay here again because of the hardness of the beds.

Room Tip: Opt for the rooms on the interstate side, rather than the steel mill side!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

As usual, the price was great. We're staying for 10 days, so location was a big factor.The location of this red roof is perfect for popping downtown nashville to shop and have great food and just far enough away so the nights are quiet... Very sweet gals on the front desk (friendly,informative and helpful). In particular...Kayla Robinson is a real keeper, just a pleasure to deal with every morning. We'll be staying here again..been loyal customers for 20 years!

Room Tip: rooms on the first floor are the best...closer to coffee and parking is easier as it gets pretty bus...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Jamestown, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel..after attending a sewing school I returned to my room to finish sewing my project. I took my shoes off as I was tired and began sewing when (being tired) I accidently dropped my rotery cutter (tool with handle and a round razer blade edge) onto my foot. I bled so badly that I used up a whole roll of toliet tissue before I could hobble into the bedroom to reach the phone to call the front desk....Susan answered and said she would be right down. When one travels, your rarely think of bringing a bandaide, much less a first aid kit...Susan arrived and professionally attended my foot, taped it up and saved the day!! I feel she should be commended for doing her job so professionally and promptly. The room was completly adequate for my traveling needs and I will certainly book there for my spring sewing trip. Thank you so much, especially to Susan!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

As a business traveller, safety and cleaniness are both very important to me. This hotel is spotless, well kept, and in a good location. The front desk staff is friendly, courteous and willing to help in any way possible. Kayla Robinson was very professional and obviously took great pride in her hotel. The rates are exceptionally reasonable. I would highly recommend this property for anyone. (If you are a late morning sleeper, you might request the back side of the hotel). I think a better quality hotel for the price will be impossible to find in Nashville!

The rooms have a great work station with very good lighting for the business traveller.

Room Tip: Late sleeper......back side of the property. The steel facility across the street starts up early...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Clinton, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Thanks to Michelle the front desk lady who made our stay terrific, she was very helpful with our corporate discount and found us the best value for our money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Starkville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

The price was perfect for me especially with the economy. The guest was so friendly and took care of all my needs. Every state that I go to I stay at the Redroof Inn.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Russellville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

The price was great comparatively. At the same time, you get a nice room that is clean and contains the basic items like microwave and fridge and fast internet.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!