“wish I hadn't paid up front” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Nashville

You added Econo Lodge Nashville to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Nashville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1412 Brick Church Pike, Nashville, TN 37207 (Formerly Country Music Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #135 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Cincinnati
“wish I hadn't paid up front”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We booked ahead and planned to stay in a less expensive hotel to have more money to enjoy our weekend celebrating a friend's wedding. I didn't know hotels could be this bad. The room smells of cat urine and feces. There is mold lining the baseboard and on the walls. The carpet by the front door is wet. We aren't even on a ground floor. The bath mat has an unsightly and horrifyingly gross red stain. I'm not bothered when staying in a " budget" hotel that needs some updating. I don't vacation to spend time in a dark room, but to see places and things to do. I love to travel. I don't expect the EconoLodge to feel like the Ritz, the Marriott or even a Red Roof Inn. I get the " economy" part. But I'm sadly disappointed and disgusted at the conditions and surprised this hotel can even operate under what I would assume to be conditions monitored by some kind of health code. I wish we hadn't paid in full up front because I would undoubtedly stay somewhere else for our second night in Nashville.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The location is very close to interstate,and is about 4 miles to downtown. If you r looking for just a place to sleep and take a shower very cheap this is it. My room was actually better than expected. It was clean,everything worked. The bathroom was clean. The beds,sheets and covers were comfortable and was clean,and actually smelled clean. The person at front desk was nice. There wasn't many people staying here so it wasn't loud. All this place needs is updating. It didn't appear to be renting out rooms monthly.Those r the cheap places u need to stay away from. Overall,I thought it was a good deal,and my experience wasn't bad at all.

• Stayed November 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here one night enroute to Florida. Room was filthy and maintenance lacking. Mold and filthy filthy floor in bathroom. The bathroom - heck the whole place needs a complete overhaul. Toilet had been recently reset, but bolts had not been trimmed and caps were still on top of the tank - seat had not been secured and mold! Bad plaster job thoughout. Clock on bedside table was laying on the floor behind it, and bedside lamp had no switch with which to turn it on. Desk clerk was nice enough, but I would never stay here again as there is a new hotel across the way at the same price. Breakfast was toast and OJ - not up to par. I travel often, and this was the worst place I've stayed in years. As I mentioned, I chose it because of location and it looked good on the Choice Hotels web site. "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." Never again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Deland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Taking into account the low price it's ok. Everything in the room worked. Wad non smoking as requested. Took small pets for$10 a night. In general the hotel it's run down but seems typical for the area. Breakfast is worth less unless you want sugary cereal our sweet rolls. It's a good overnight.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Two different rooms within sight of my room had prostitutes working out of them, one with an amazingly loud and foul-mouthed guy. I was tailed by a drug dealer who seemed to be concerned that I was competition and once he determined that I wasn't, he disappeared. There are obviously semi-permanent residents there. One had a cat in the window. I saw other rooms with decorations in the window.

They said there were no non-smoking rooms available. I could not believe how bad the smell was. There were cobwebs hanging right over the front door (inside). It hadn't been cleaned in months at least. The bathroom was clean on the surface, but somebody is obviously cutting corner. Somebody's leftover food was still in the refrigerator. And giving a perfect example of how poorly operated this place is: The peephole in the door had been knocked out. Somebody decided to resolve this problem by stuffing tissue into it. You just can't make this stuff up.

You would think that this place would be priced lower, but there are other places in the immediate area that have comparable prices. Obviously I will not be staying in this place again and I wouldn't suggest it to anybody with any self-respect.

To the management who will undoubtedly respond to this review with some sort of vague platitudes about being happy to hear comments from their guests:

Save your typing fingers. It's pretty clear that you INTEND to operate your property like this. Your property is unsafe, unsanitary, and you are doing NOTHING to prevent it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't close to the hookers
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotels location is great. Just under ten minutes away from downtown Nashville and Broadway where all the nightlife is. The room was spacious and private. Great price and location. I recommend this hotel if your formatting the weekend in Nashville.

• Stayed September 2013
Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Not the cleanest, most comfortable place. Got a non-smoking double, but still stunk like smoke. And go figure, there were cigarette burns all over the comforter. Found a few hairs from previous tenants in my towel and on the toilet seat. The shower didn't drain and the wifi network wasn't connected to the internet. When we tried to call the front desk to report it, we discovered the hand held receiver had been unplugged from the base of the phone. We plugged it back in and it still didn't work. Once we persuaded them to restart the router, the internet worked for about an hour before disconnecting again. Continental breakfast was underwhelming.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Nashville? Share your experiences!