“Rude Manager/Corportate was no help!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #34 of 150 hotels in Nashville
“Rude Manager/Corportate was no help!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

On a family vacation that included 13 people and 3 rooms we had stayed the previous 5 nights and had good experiences, in other cities. I called this hotel at about 9:00 a.m. to cancel my reservation. The manager told me there were no exceptions to cancelation policies and we would be charged the full amount for the two rooms we needed for that night. I never used foul language and was never demeaning to anyone and was ultimately hung up on twice by the manager.
We had planned to move a little further down the road and find a Best Western in Memphis but ultimately we adjusted our plans and stayed because after being hung up on by the manager twice they immediately charged my card. When I called corporate, I went up three levels, I was told they could not cancel a reservation beyond the "cancellation period" and a note would be made in the managers file. He should contact me within the week(not happened yet).

All that I kept hearing was I agreed to the cancellation policy so upon check in I requested to look at the policy about when my card was to be charged. Needless to say I never saw that policy.

Ultimately 15 nights worth of business(within a week) and a very rude manager meant nothing to this manager or their corporate offices. "Policy is more important than Customer Service"

And the thing is I wanted nothing except to not pay for a room that I was not going to use but planned to take to a different Best Western location!

#lessonlearned

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
bwmusicrow, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Music Row, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Lauren L, thank you for reviewing on Trip Advisor. But I am very sorry that you have mentioned about a different hotel. We have not had any issues regarding cancellations or a group of 13 people in 3 rooms in the recent past. We are a hotel that allows early check ins to all our guests. I am afraid that you went to a different hotel and had to go through a lot of discomfort.

Please check your records. I understand Customer is always Right but you have mentioned about the wrong hotel.

Please make sure this is rectified.

597 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel was wonderful. Great location to some of the hot spots of Nashville. A bit of a walk to Downtown, but still very doable. Within walking distance to some great restaurants, and shopping. Breakfast was a huge variety and all seemed very fresh! Fitness center has plenty to offer, and while I didn't use the pool, it was busy with people most days. The internet was a little slow, but that could be to the amount of people accessing it. My stay was for business, but I would be happy to bring my family to this hotel as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear 698nicolet, thank you very much for choosing Best Western PLUS Music Row on your very recent Business trip. We are located very close to the business district of Nashville. A very close two block walk, puts our guests on the public transportation line. This is operated by the Metro and the bus charges no fee for a ride into town. A very safe neighborhood, the Music Row area has its own share of bars and restaurants very close to the hotel. World Famous RCA Studio B is about 4 blocks away from our hotel premises.

We sure are looking forward for you to stay with us along with you family. We have an outdoor pool that is open now and helps you cool off in the warm summer months.

Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We booked in this hotel for a family gathering, the location was very convenient for downtown and the Vanderbilt area which were the focal points for our visit. We would stay there again on a future trip.

Room Tip: The room servicing was decent, although it occurred mid-afternoon, when we were invariably returning...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
bwmusicrow, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Music Row, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Beverley H, Thank you very much for your wonderful review about our property on your recent visit. Our Location is the key and the price compared to the various other hotels in the downtown area. We apologize for the late servicing late. They are very efficient always. We will make sure that your next stay will be memorable and wonderful.

Hampton, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This hotel may lack some of the cosmetic features of other hotels, but the location is terrific! .75 miles from downtown & .75 from Vanderbilt College. So everything walking distance. Rooms were ok, and there is a free breakfast & free wifi. Also a pool and fitness room (although I could never find them). Hallways & lobby/eating area pretty outdated. Could definitely need some sprucing up. Air conditioner in our room VERY loud as well. However rooms had small refrigerators to store food. Overall this hotel was ok, but I WOULD stay here again as the location was amazing and price was right.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
bwmusicrow, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Music Row, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Tricia0813, thank you very much for such a wonderful response. We have taken into account all the shortcomings.We are happy to hear about the improvements that need to be made and we appreciate your very keen observations.

Brewarrina, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Best western music row, was fantastic I will definitely book again, I would recommend it to my family and friends, great service, easy to book. Close to shops, restaurants and banking facilities. Great taxi service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Amy C, thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip. We are humbled reading your kind words and feedback. We try our best to make sure all our guests are taken care of in the best possible manner. Our motto is to live the Best Western line - Stay with people who care.

Hope we lived up to your expectation.

Clarkson, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We used our points from previous stays my husband had acquired from furnishing his employees rooms when they were out of town due to work. Therefore we didn't put any cash up front. We have stayed there before because of me having Dr. Appointment's in that area. The rooms were clean an the front desk staff very friendly. We never ate because I couldn't before surgery. Didn't use swimming pool or any of the other amenities. Over all very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sherry C, I have to take this opportunity to thank you and your husband for your patronage towards Best Western. We are very glad that you enjoy your stay with us all the time. We also pray that your surgeries went well and wishing you a speedy recovery. We would like to see you stay with us more in the future.

Ridge, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I booked this location for 5 nights during the CMA Festival. The rates were very reasonable compared to other hotels in the area. The hotel and the room was very clean. A free full breakfast was definitely a plus! There was a nice selection of hot and cold food choices. We knew we would be making frequent trips downtown so I had inquired about transportation. They said the bus stop was only two blocks away but it was a long two blocks! Cabs were easy to come by and the desk was helpful in calling them out. A few times we even walked into downtown, it was about a 20 minute walk to the Riverfront.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear CindyD480, it was a wonderful review from you about our property. Thank you very much for choosing our hotel over the rest of the pricier ones in the Nashville Metro area. I am glad you enjoyed the stay and the wonderful atmosphere during the CMAs. We are looking forward to seeing you spend more time with us in the future.

Nathan

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Music Row? Share your experiences!