“Comfort during a hard time"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 Atrium Way, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Nashville Zoo Package!
Ranked #44 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Comfort during a hard time"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

My family stayed at the hotel for 3 days last week. I had called around to make reservations for a suite at the last minute due to a death in the family. Most of the places I called had just 1 big room and weren't really suites. When I called Double Tree I was pleased that they offered "real" suites and that the pool was indoor and heated. I explained the situation and that I needed to get a suite at the last minute and wanted to check in a few hours later. The guy at the front desk's name was KYLE and he mentioned he was new, but he is a natural. He really seemed to want to help us and seemed to really understand our situation and wanted to offer his help. He found us a room at the last minute and helped to get me a better rate than I found on the internet. When we arrived Kyle greeted us like we were old friends. He offered the kids cookies and had all of our keys and information ready for us. He even gave us some coupons to use at the restaurant. We arrived at our room to find a clean spacious nicely decorated suite with a mini fridge and microwave. The bathroom was really clean as well. The free wifi was great and easy to access. The only thing I could recommend would be that they upgrade the tv's to flatscreens. The kingsize bed was spacious but not the best in comfort. I guess I have spoiled myself with the bed I have at home. The next morning the kids went down for breakfast and a swim. They really enjoyed both. We thought we had paid for a room with breakfast included and were uncertain so I called the front desk. They informed me that we had not, but gave us complimentary breakfast cards that first day for the misunderstanding. I ordered room service later. I had a salad, chicken sandwich, and a side of fruit. The food came in a timely manner and was huge. The fruit was a large bowl of strawberries, watermelon, grapes, melons, and watermelon. The grilled chicken sandwich was light and tasteful. The salad was healthy and filling. We asked for new towels a few times and were given them as well as a razor and extra garage bags. Everyone was helpful and friendly. This stay was during a bad time for my family, but having a nice place with friendly staff really helped to comfort us while we were away from home during this tragic situation. I really will be back and will recommend to everyone going to Nashville.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
geneanderson, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed description of your stay. Along with Kyle and our other team member, we would once again like to express sympathy for your loss and understand what trying circumstances you faced on such short notice. We are very proud of our team members, including Kyle, for going the extra step in making your stay exceptional and worry free, particularly when facing a deep personal loss. Taking the time to express your feelings means a lot to us and comments like yours allow us to not only celebrate the positives but also learn areas where we can strive to be exceptional. Regarding our TV’s, we are slated to receive new flat screens this year and that will be a nice complement to our Suite Dreams Bedding Package. Your comments illustrate how many “moments or truths” there are in the guest experience and we are delighted that your team delivered when you needed it most.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

I like this hotel for a number of reasons. The staff is great. They are friendly and efficient. The rooms are suites, so they are quiet and have plenty of space. The place is always very clean. It is, however, an older hotel, and I'm glad to see they are doing remodeling projects. It needs room updates and new TVs. I also wish they did not allow smoking in some rooms. Some of the hallways smell of smoke as you walk to your room.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your many kind and positive comments as well as your constructive feedback on how we can make this a better hotel. We are one of the few hotels left in Nashville to offer some of our rooms to smokers. I agree that we need to re-visit the location of these rooms and to that extent; we are moving our smoking rooms to a section of the hotel that does not inconvenience our smoking or non-smoking guests. We expect to have the transition completed by mid-April. Updating an older hotel, like we have been doing, means a lot, but quite frankly, it is the staff that makes the real difference and for all the right reasons, we are extremely proud of our team’s members. Thank you for giving us some specific examples for us to celebrate and we look forward to your return visit. We hope that when in Nashville, you will continue to make the Doubletree Suites by Hilton your first choice in lodging and relaxation.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

The room was large and the breakfasts good enough. negatives are: They don't have flat screen tvs in room, and the bed is a bit hard for me. The couch in the room was nice and clean, normally the couches in hotels look dirty. The room also had a refrigerator and a microwave which was very handy.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to express your experience during your recent stay with us. Feedback like yours truly makes the difference and we do strive to be “OUTSTANDING” on all points of the stay. I must agree with you that our location, all suite product and clean accommodations makes us one of the better values in Nashville. We have looked at your feedback regarding your breakfast meal and made some important adjustments. We have added new choices to our “cook to order” omelet station and expanded our choices for “eggs to order.” In addition, we have crafted new menus for all 3 meal periods and will have these offering available by the first week of March. We would love to hear from you again after your next visit and see how we did on delivering an improved breakfast experience.
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Rooms were very nice and clean. I was impressed with the fact that rooms were very quiet in spite of proximity to airport and interstate highway. Great night's sleep. The location is very convenient to the airport, but we did not fly. The location is also very convenient to Briley Parkway, which means it is handy to just about any location in Nashville. About the only complaint would be with breakfast. Eggs were overcooked and rubbery - a bit disappointing. Price was OUTSTANDING! Overall, a very nice stay! Thanks!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
geneanderson, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and patronage. Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review on Trip Advisor.
Bernalillo, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

Convenient to both BNA and the Grand Ole Opry. Clean, spacious and comfortable room. Food is so-so but the service is top notch in all areas.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
It is always great to get feedback and yours is no exeption, so thank you for that. We are a in a great location and do pride ourselves in delivering excellent service which was kind of you to mention. We also take seriously your feedback on "so-so food" and are taking the right steps to address this including a new award winning chef in Jim Smoody, a newly crafted menu which will be introduced in March, and new daily features. We hope that you are in a position to visit us again soon and experience further our quest for being and remaining "top notch" in all areas.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I selected this hotel blindly based on zip code and the Hilton preference of my company. When I first arrived, the winding road to seemingly no where...and then coming upon a building that was older...made me ask..."what have I done?"

Once I stepped inside, any concern I had was quickly erased! I was greeted with genuine excellent Hilton service. The front desk was very friendly and expedited my check-in (and I was a little early!). While being checked in the manager passed by and stopped to ask me what brought me in? As well, she thanked me for choosing their property to stay.

Again, this hotel is not a new structure, but the ownership absolutely takes pride in the decor and upkeep of the facility. The rooms are large and very clean!! Although not flat screen, there are two televisions in the guest suite. The hotel was a 10 minute drive from the airport which was incredibly convenient!

Beds were very comfy! And hotel was quiet. Would stay again without question!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Yadkinville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

The people at the desk was very friendly and helpfull
The beds was very comfortable and the rooms was really clean
If you go to Nashville stay here oh yeah the cookies are really good
Having two tvs is nice
They even stop by our table when we were eating and ask how was our stay

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business