“Good Option for Staying in the Nashville Area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 Atrium Way, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #40 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Lansing, Michigan
“Good Option for Staying in the Nashville Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I would say the Trip Advisor reviews are accurate on this hotel. As others have mentioned, the hotel is showing its age but, for me, the extra space you get from the room being a suite outweighed having older and more used furniture. About half of the rooms surround a courtyard that contains the outdoor pool and seating area. The room we stayed in overlooked the outdoor pool, which I wasn't crazy about because of the noise that can come from the pool area. However, I was able to drown out the noise from the pool with the room's fan, so it didn't end up bothering me at all.

The biggest downside to this hotel for me was no free breakfast but they do offer a very nice breakfast buffet. Unfortunately, the buffet is a rather pricey $12/person. I don't mind paying for a higher quality breakfast than you would get at a hotel with a free breakfast but I thought $12 is a touch too much.

Staying out by the airport is not a bad option if you are trying to see something around Nashville. The Hermitage, the Grand Ole Opry, and downtown Nashville are all about a quick fifteen minute drive from the airport. I really liked being in downtown Nashville but the hotels downtown were extremely expensive the week we were there. Staying out by the airport is a good compromise. This hotel had easy freeway access. About a two minute drive to Briley Parkway and then another two minutes before you are on I-40.

Based on the price I paid for this room, I was more than satisified. Your satisfaction with this hotel will probably depend on the price you paid. If you can get a good deal on a room at this hotel, I would go for it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
geneanderson, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a descriptive review of your experience here. We certainly appreciate your business and your feedback is very important. As you pointed out, there are many benefits for staying in the airport area including both value and convenience. We hope to see you again when you are back in Nashville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Gilroy, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My stay started off with a call to the Nashville DoubleTree to make a reservation. I was going to Nashville for business and to attend my cousin's daughter's wedding. The family had arranged a group rate at the hotel.

I asked the person taking the reservation if I could get the special rate for my entire visit. After a short check with the manager, the answer was "Yes". First WOW.

Due to scheduling issues, I took a red eye to Nashville which got me to the hotel before noon on a Saturday. I was tired and smelly and really wanted a nap before the wedding. Although my room wasn't available, another room was. The desk clerk checked me right in. A nap and shower felt very refreshing.

The room was clean and comfortable for my entire visit. The housekeepers noticed I has used the iron so they left me spray starch on day. On other days, they left Hershey Kisses.

The included breakfast buffet was also good. The wait staff was helpful. The food was fresh, tasty and choices plentiful.

The only negative was the free wifi seemed to want me to login too often (more than once a day) but the connection was strong and speedy. I worked remotely each evening without any issues.

Bottom line...I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
A couple of months ago we launched a new program called Dream Maker and our whole purpose is to create Wows, and we are delighted that you experienced those unexpected touches. Thank you for staying with us and we very much appreciate your feedback and endorsement of our hotel. We hope to see you again.
NASHVILLE, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have stayed at many Double Trees but this one gets a C minus The rooms were clean but furniture old and carpets torn Floor in the bathroom needed to be replaced Bathtubs are stained The facility needs a major remodel Location was very cozy and quiet House Keeping staff were friendly and accomodating

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback on both a product and service. When readers look at our trend, they will see what you have pointed out and that is an excellent staff and service and a facility that would benefit from some updates. The good news is we will be starting phase one of our renovation in November which is a nominal interruption process that will include carpet, furniture, bedding and window treatments, all of which can be done with minimal guest interruption. As you pointed out, this will have a positive impact on the guest experience and we look forward to your comments down the road.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at your hotel. The suite was lovely and cozy. The king size bed was great! I want one now! The breakfast buffet was delicious. We joined our friends from other states for a wedding at the Chapel down the street. We visited the Grand Ole Opry, the Opry Mills Mall and the Gaylord Hotel for a tour of the gardens. We enjoyed Nashville!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for choosing the DoubleTree Suites and we are delighted to have earned your endorsement of both our facility and our service. Thank you for your business and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. Nashville is a wonderful city and we hope that you will stay with us when you have a chance to visit again.
Edmond, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The air conditioner in our room leaked water that soaked the floor completely saturating my clothes. The hotel moved us to a different room and cleaned my clothes for free, but I expected more. I thought they would assure I would return to a Double Tree by offering me a free night's stay or something. Nothing additional was offered even after speaking with the manager. Super disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

geneanderson, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for giving our associates the opportunity to correct your issues and "make it right." It is feedback such as yours that give us an chance to continually improve for future guests. Again, thank you for staying with and hope that you will give another try in the future.
Byhalia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice room, nice amenities, very clean, comfortable and relaxing. However, deadbolt on door stuck open upon leaving the room in the morning and the door had to be left unsecured until maintenance arrived. No offer of hotel employees to go up and secure the room either. Fortunately, problem was eventually fixed and nothing was missing.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing DoubleTree and for sharing your feedback on social media. I would like to apologize for the short delay in getting the door lock repaired and we appreciate your understanding of the situation. Otherwise we are happy that you had an excellent stay and we hope to see you again.
Mobile, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Loved this hotel. Good service, good food, convenient, and clean. The cookie at check in was warm and yummy. Staff was very friendly. Hilton honors perks are great. I would recommend this hotel; it is also convenient to the Opry Mills Mall.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate your feedback and we are delighted to hear of your satisfaction with the industry leading Hhonors frequent guest program. We are happy to have earned your endorsement and continued loyalty and look forward to seeing you again.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!