“Great Overnight Spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport
Ranked #42 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Great Overnight Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is a hidden Gem. The staff was very friendly and really wanted to make sure I was comfortable. The room was very nice, clean and spacious. I had driven from Memhis to Nashville I was tired so I ordered room service. The food was good but he cheese cake was awesome. I really enjoyed the my stay there and if I get back to area I will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
geneanderson, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to share your stay details with other readers. We have heard more than once that we are “a hidden gem,” not only because of our excellent staff but also because we sit back in a secluded area near the airport but away from airplane and highway noise.

There are two things here I try to avoid because they are so delicious and that is the cheese cake and our famous DoubleTree cookies. They are very dangerous to be around on a daily basis, but for a special treat, I agree with you, they are definitely worth experiencing. We do look forward to serving you cheesecake again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The room was clean and had nice furnishings and a comfortable bed. The neighboring room had their TV blasting until 1220am, which was reported but security did not follow up on the complaint. Curtains in the rooms cannot be closed so the outside light shined right into our window all night. We had to be at the airport at 5:00 am-needless to say, we got no sleep and will not stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate you taking the time to share your critique of the experience you had here. On behalf of the hotel, I would like to apologize for the experience you had. In reviewing our records, we received your request at 11:35. After calls to that room went unanswered, we sent security up to the room at 11:45. The guest did have a DND on the door so our staff member made the decision to go back to the desk and call again. That team member was later instructed to knock on the door and enter if necessary. Because the guest did not respond to the door or the calls we became concerned for their safety and entered the room. We discovered that the guest was not in the room and had inadvertently left the TV on. While this situation did present some challenges for our staff, I would like to apologize for the delay in getting this addressed.

Also, your comments prior to this Trip Advisor posting did allow us to address the curtain closure issue in room 206 and we did adjust the exterior pool light to shine at a different angle. On an important note, I did go over our procedures again with the over-night shift because an hour to solve your request is just not acceptable. I do believe that your comments have enabled us to address your specific concerns and we do appreciate you taking the time bring this to our attention.
Big Pine Key, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our group was there for the SEC Men's Basketball tournament and everyone was commenting what a great hotel this was and that we should book here when the tournament returns. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast buffet was great and the staff was beyond superb.

Everyone was friendly, personable and helpful. From those who drove the shuttle for the hotel to the bartenders who stayed past the end of their shift to attend to us (even though we already paid our bill). It was evident everyone took pride in their work and wanted you to have a nice stay. It is close to attractions like the Hermitage and the Opryland Hotel and a short cab ride to downtown.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
geneanderson, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
We are delighted that you had an excellent experience at our hotel and thank you so much for sharing your critique with us. Our staff had so much fun this weekend, in fact, the theme check in to shoot hoops for prizes came from our associate care committee. Your comments clearly express our belief that when the staff is having fun then our guests will also have fun. We hope to see you again soon.
North Jackson, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I would definatley stay at this hotel again. The staff was beyond good. They met all of our needs plus. I thought I wanted to be downtown at first, but I'm glad I picked this hotel. Only a short shuttle to downtown & close to The Grand Ole Opry. The room was clean & the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am looking forward to posting your comments about our staff as I know the entire team will be ecstatic that you had an excellent stay with us. We appreciate your comments and your business and are delighted that you found us to be an excellent choice over a downtown location. We hope to see you again soon!
Southgate, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The room was spotless and housekeeping was in and out quickly each day. The hotel staff was very attentive and extremely friendly. With a little updating in the rooms, I would rate this hotel higher. The bathroom was in need of tile work repair, along with attention to the peeling wall paper. Couch cushions were torn open, exposing the foam rubber within (not a major issue as we weren't in the room much.) The most disturbing thing was the noise from slamming doors in the hallway and from the room above, but that could be just about any hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
geneanderson, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to highlight our excellent team members and the service they provided you during your stay. Overall, we are pleased that you had an enjoyable visit and do apologize for the noise caused by other guests. While difficult to prevent, this is something we can address when it is occurring. Again, thank your for providing us your feedback and we hope to see you again on a return visit.
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was there for a week and I have to say the staff could not have been nicer. The breakfast buffet was great and the people from the driver that picked me up from the airport to the wait staff were all wonderful. The room was clean and they have the best pillows! The only complaint I have is the food situation. The food from room service was not good at all, and all of the surrounding restaurants (there are none that you can walk to) were sub-par at best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing us your feedback regarding your stay, and in particular, for taking the time to highlight our excellent team members and the GREAT service they provided you during your stay. Thank your for highlighting your satisfaction with the Restaurant, however, it is disappointing that we fell short of delivering a excellent stay because of Room Service. We have had some concerns in this area and I have asked our F & B manager to focus on the critical components of Room Service which is accuracy, speed of delivery and food temperatures. Again, thank your for providing us your feedback as it is instrumental in allowing us to correct issues and we hope to see you again on a return visit.
Oak Park, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am writing a few months after the fact because I have been waiting for management or even Hilton to contact me as they said they would. I checked in with three teenage children on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving after driving 500 miles from Chicago. I had booked on line and was delighted to relax before having Thanksgiving with 20 family members in Nashville the next day. We got to the room and I didn't want to hear the arguing over beds so I went back to the lobby and booked a second room for both nights. As the nice front desk lady swiped my credit card there was no mention of Hot Water trouble.

After trying to run a bath for about 20 minutes, I went to the kids room and tried their water. The same problem, no hot water. I called the desk and was told to give it 30 minutes they had worked on it previously in the day. I waited 30 and called, one hour and called again, two hours and called again. I was told a manager would call me multiple times but never received a call. I fell asleep. Now here is the kicker...

It is Thanksgiving morning and four of us have to get ready to go see family we see about once a year - STILL NO HOT WATER!! I can't believe it and let the new worker at the front desk know how I can't believer they would take my money and my family can not bathe on Thanksgiving!! How could they take $600.00 for two rooms for two nights and not provide a civilian means of cleaning. Guess what, "a manager will call me" I am told. I am told I can be refunded, I am told DoubleTree /Hilton will make it up to my family. I am still waiting and all credit card bills have been charged in full and I have paid. It was an awful experience and two of those teenagers are girls, it only added to the madness!! Terrible hotel, don't risk it when there are so many other choices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
First, I would like to apologize to you for the experience you had over Thanksgiving. It is true that our boilers went out Wednesday evening, and as GM of the hotel, I came back to troubleshoot the problem. We finally found a company to come out and replace the capacitors and get hot water restored before I left. The next morning when I came in, I found the unit to be off, so the problem we thought we had fixed was not fixed. I reset the high-limit switch, which was not properly set by the repair company and had tripped during the night, and restored the hot water to the rooms by 11am on Thanksgiving. In addition, I stayed in the lobby and spoke with guests and our staff did what we could to work through the situation. I share this not as an excuse, but rather as an indication that we attempted to address the situation for all of our guests throughout the holiday. I am truly very sorry that I did not reach you during your stay and once again would like to apologize for the experience you had.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!