“Great service, bad bath drain” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn a Free Night!
Ranked #27 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
East Haddam, Connecticut
“Great service, bad bath drain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here while in Nashville. We got a good price through a third party booking service. The bed was super comfy, and I slept great. This is unusual for me - I don't typically sleep well away from home. The staff was cheerful, welcoming, and ready to assist. My only complaint regards the bathtub drain. After the first shower, the tub was filled with water, not draining properly. The staff remedied the situation quickly, and issued a voucher for use in the lobby's Starbuck's. The problem returned the following morning. Again it was fixed, and another voucher was issued. We had no further trouble. I would have given a five star review were it not for this issue, but I hate standing in water in the shower. It seemed as though maybe the underlying issue was not being addressed, for the problem to repeat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Calabasas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel had recent renovations that include the Champions restaurant. Pretty decent food, a wall of TV screens that carry multiple channels, and an individual TVs for each booth. A very nice touch that you would expect to find at a higher-end sports bar.

The breakfast buffet was outstanding at Champions as well. Nice variety of food and all tasted very good.

Staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms were clean, although they lacked any wow features. Very average on the inside, but the bed was comfortable.

I'd stay here again as long as I didn't pay more than $100 for a night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I dont know how this hotel has such "rave" reviews. Horrible, ran down dumpy rooms with smoke infused walls and carpet. We checked in and not ten mins later checked right back out. Both rooms where non-smoking and smelled like smoke. Gross bathroom that was standing room only and we requested king beds and both had double beds. When I called the front desk to tell them i sat on the bed and it nearly caved in. The phone in the room was probably the first
Cordless phone ever made. Mattresses completely rotted. They must be used to the complaints cause they let us leave with no charges. Room looked nothing like the ones online. I could of found better rooms at a motel. We decided to go down the street to Hilton Garden Inn and for almost half the price had newer rooms and amenties and not smokey, musty smell.

• Stayed July 2013
NAM_GM, Manager at Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your brief stay with us. The issues you mentioned are not typical of our hotel and we are incredibly sorry for every inconvenience. I take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this matter in person. Please phone me the Nashville Airport Marriott at your earliest convenience. (615) 889-9300
Counce, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I spent the night at the Marriott Airport Hotel in Nashville on our way to Disney with the grandkids. We were pleasantly surprised on just how quite it was in our room. As usual, Marriott had their normal easy check in. The only issue was the lack of a bellman to assist with luggage. We probably just caught them at a busy time? Being close to the airport meant more sleep before the flight and no aggravation from rush hour traffic. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sparks, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed for 5 days while attending a conference. Brought 5 high school students with me. The check in was a breeze. The representative was very professional, treating my students like young adults. Each room was nicely appointed, clean and pleasant. The hotel is centrally located with easy access to and from the freeway. The free parking is a nice and appreciated touch. The pool hours were appropriate. Pool was clean. All staff members were helpful and friendly. The conference I was attending had over 7,500 high school students in attendance. This hotel was an overflow hotel. One can imagine the challenges presented while accommodating a large number of students. The staff did great. Beds were ver comfortable, clean towels, nice selection of personal products and a solid hair dryer that can be taken out of the bathroom and used in other parts of the room. Even with so many students, the halls were quiet.

The inly suggestion i have is that I would like to see more of a food selection in the Starbucks area.

Room Tip: If a pleasant view is important to you, request on that faces the natural aspects of the property, n...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My first stay in Nashville was a great one at this hotel. My wife and i stayed for a few days for her conferance here. Everybody at the hotel was super nice and friendly. I loved the pool, would be great for kids, inside and outside. The gym was great, I used it twice, much better then most places. Rooms were perfect, no issue there. It was like 5 minutes from the airport, if you were to fly in, we drove however. Has a Champions bar and grill inside of it which was great for lunch or watching a game. Nothing but great things to say about the hotel and people who work there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My stay here was a great surprise. I had expected a pretty typical airport hotel; however, I would stay here beyond the proximity to the hotel. It's very clean, the rooms are comfortable, the bed is a dream, and the temperature control was efficient. The best part was the staff. Debra greeted us and took great care in helping us with our reservations. She recognized us throughout the stay and she was lovely. Tasha in Champions made our breakfast a fun experience each morning. She remembered our drink orders, was interested in what we were doing, and made us feel like we were eating at home. We were sad to have to say goodbye. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
NAM_GM, Manager at Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Debra and Tasha know that they helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at the Nashville Airport Marriott are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Marriott Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!