“Great service from wonderful staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #21 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great service from wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights and had an amazingly good time. I have never been to a hotel where each person I saw working-- no matter if they were at the coffee shop, at the front entrance helping us with our bags, at the restaurant, at the pool, or checking us in--was consistently smiling, welcoming, and helpful.
That is what makes this hotel outstanding--the people who work here. All the facilities are beautiful and impeccably kept up. Attention to detail matters, and this hotel gets the details right: a spacious pool area and workout room, a fine restaurant that serves quality food, and great taxi service always available. Additionally, this hotel offers free valet service any time of day. That is a wonderful extra and something my wife and I took advantage of at least a couple times while there.
Nashville is such a great city to visit because of the ease of getting wherever you want. The interstate system is set up so just about anyplace we wanted to go took 15-20 minutes of non-stressful driving, and there is so much to see and do.
There is only one negative about the Marriot Nashville Airport, and it's something I have seen in some other hotel chains' pricier venues (although the price we got for this hotel, especially since it has free parking and valet service, was very reasonable), and that is something previously mentioned by other reviewers--the lack of free wifi service in room and throughout the hotel. It is pretty ridiculous that my wife and I stopped one night on the way to Nashville at a Hampton Inn and got free wifi. I will be staying at a Red Roof Inn next weekend, for heaven's sakes, and they will give me free wifi. But the Marriot Nashville Airport still wants to charge 16.95 a day. That clearly needs to be changed immediately or this very nice hotel will have many people decide not to come for a visit.
I don't want to end on a negative note, however, and since I was still able to do some work by simply accessing the computers near the Starbucks downstairs, the lack of free wifi was not a big deal for me. What was a big deal for both my wife and me was being treated with such amazing hospitality by every person we met at this hotel. That kind of service is priceless.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

No free internet even if you are a Marriott Rewards member?? Since when?

If you are going to charge $16.95 for something most guests find essential, you better have decent free internet in the lobby. This hotel does not.

I can't remember the last time I had to sit in the lobby just to get some work done. But it gets better. More problems with the free internet than I can count and I've only been here an hour.

I'd give this hotel a worse rating if I could. Thanks Marriott - perfect example of stepping over dollars to get to nickels.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if your definition of a good room includes being able to access the internet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

You really can't go wrong with this hotel. I stayed here before an early morning flight.

It is everything you expect from a Marriott:

Comfortable bed that had these nifty little LED reading lights.
Great restaurant

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dalton, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Came here on a "Nashville Vacation Package". Very large and very nice location. The only negatives about the property was WIFI is only free to Marriott members and there was no breakfast included. Those are just a couple of things I've come to expect. Other than that, good experience.

• Stayed April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here one week and the Courtyard down the street the next week. This hotel is on top of a hill and is of course, a full service Marriott. Very well done. We got a chance to meet Troy, the Assistant GM, and he was totally accommodating and very nice. The restaurant is closed for remodeling but very close to opening. Troy helped us figure out where to go. They also have a cool sign in the lobby that helps you find places to go and things to do since my phone was acting up. I really liked this touch. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Starbucks in the lobby was great--but at least 20% higher than most Starbucks. That is my only complaint.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Spent one night here as a stop on a long drive. The hotel lobby is very large, modern and beautiful. Hotel staff that we encountered were all friendly and helpful. Managers walking around the lobby asking if we needed anything and telling us to have a good night. Very personal service. Was waiting outside with the luggage while my husband went to park the car. Gentleman came out and asked immediately if I needed any assistance with my luggage. Room was not the largest by any means, but the bet must have been a california king, because it was huge. The bed was not terribly comfortable, though. Too hard for my tastes, but clean. The bathroom was tiny, but up to date. Very clean with an awesome rain showerhead. Pool area was nice and large. Very satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Salem, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Room was up to date, clean and very nice. They have a strange restaurant setup, they have converted a banquet room into one. Strange look, but a really nice breakfast buffet. Doors to rooms are not insulated and you can hear all conversations in the hall. They still charge for internet. Just not near a lot of outside things to do. Overall, nice though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!