“WONDERFUL HOTEL!!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
United States
“WONDERFUL HOTEL!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

We are currently staying in this beautiful hotel! Arrived yesterday, went to the Rock & Soul Museum and Beale Street which are just a few short blocks away. Raced back to the hotel to watch the ducks march out of the fountain and back up to their room. This was a highlight!! What a production! Get there early if you want to take pictures or video, otherwise, you won't get a spot! We are in an Executive King, and it is lovely! Ate lunch yesterday at Carpaccio's. The servers were very friendly. The fried green tomatoes were not greasy, but, they tasted of old grease. The shrimp and grits was just okay. A little fishy, honestly. And no tasso sauce :( . The Reuben was also just okay, in my opinion (but I'm spoiled by the one we get at our local restaurant back home, to be fair). The fries were great!!!

I really don't have any complaints about this place except ...

I ordered room service for breakfast at around 6:05 a.m. The gentleman who took my order had a lackluster personality and just was not as friendly as I'm accustomed to. I just brushed it off initially, but when we received our food, we noticed the toast was not buttered, nor was there any butter on the side. In addition, the grits were not buttered despite the menu describing them as "buttered grits" (I just double-checked, and yes, they're called "buttered grits). The toast was cold, as were the eggs, bacon, and potatoes. I called the gentleman and asked for some butter and I told him that the toast and grits were not buttered and we didn't even get any butter on the side. He defensively said to me that they do not butter the toast and they do not butter the grits. I said I understand about the toast, but it would be nice to have butter on the side (they gave us plenty of jam and jelly). I also informed him that on the menu, it states that the grits are buttered (on the 2 eggs any style breakfast, which is what we ordered). He said he would send some up. It took 10 minutes to get the butter for the toast that was now ice cold. The up-side is that the butter came in the form of two little ducks on a plate! Super cute! The down-side is that the cute little butter ducks were ice cold and hard to spread on cold toast. There was something green all over my fried eggs (I'm guessing chopped parsley). I'd rather have had butter on my toast that green stuff on my eggs. Just saying! ;)

The room service is my only complaint. Cold eggs. Cold toast. Cold bacon. Cold potatoes. The grits were hot and the coffee was hot.

Other than the room service, this place is fantastic!

The parking manager, Jamiel, went out of his way to accommodate our small SUV and U-Haul trailer! I had contacted him in advance because I was concerned about us being able to park. He met me outside after we checked in, and he took us to an off-site lot and helped us out immensely! He then called for a driver in a town car to come pick us up! Incredible service, and incredible guy! Thanks, Jamiel!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Guilford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a very nice, sleek, and recently renovated hotel in close proximity to the Vanderbilt campus. Check in was quick and easy, and the staff at the front desk was very courteous, eager to help, and remembered my name any time I came by. The rooms were clean and very nicely decorated with a local theme, and the beds were quite comfortable. The restaurant in the hotel was really excellent in terms of service and food. I had one of the best meals of my stay there. This hotel is perfect for those visiting students at Vanderbilt since the campus is within walking distance as are several restaurants and shops. It is a short drive to downtown Nashville, and while the complimentary car service is a nice idea, it never seemed to be available when I needed it. The gym at the hotel is under renovation and due for an upgrade since it is small and poorly ventilated, but the equipment was decent, and the bottles of water, cold towels, and fresh fruit in the gym were all refreshing. While overall the service at the hotel was very good, there were a few kinks as when it took several calls to get a broken coffee maker in the room replaced, only to have a serviceman hand me a new coffee maker still in a box and walk away without setting it up or taking the old one away, but they sent up a free pot of coffee to make up for the inconvenience. My family and I had a lovely stay at this hotel and would definitely go back in the future.

Room Tip: Corner rooms at end of hall are larger with more windows and thus better views.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

3 nights for a professional meeting with wife along, late April, 2015. Arrived in lobby about 3:20 p.m. and was surprised to be told our room was not ready (desk clerk implied but did not state that they were short of housekeepers), but that, anyway, normal check-in time is 4:00 p.m., so you are early (!). During discussion, I reminded clerk that we had reserved a room upgrade. Then just sat in lobby and waited. Shortly after 4:00, clerk (pleasant and apparently well-meaning young woman) personally delivered to us keys to room. Went to room. Ordinary rack room, not the upgrade reserved. Called front desk and fortuitously got manager, who checked reservation and agreed we were given wrong type room. Waited for bellman to deliver correct room keys and went to new room. Room reasonable: clean, modern, etc. Light on face mirror in bathroom did not work and was not fixed after reported next morning. Had requested on line in reservation & reminded desk clerk that had requested an extra firm pillow. She said housekeeping would bring - never did. Did not bother at that point calling about this because already getting quite disappointed at the real problem with this hotel at this time - THE ELEVATORS. For a 340-room hotel with 12 floors, there are 3 elevators - which seems inadequate to start with. The one on the right was out of service the entire time. Then, maddeningly, the other 2 were somehow linked so they moved in parallel - both would come together, at the same instant, always. So, if you just missed them going up from the lobby, it could be more than 5 minutes until they came back. When a meeting session just let out and there were 40 or 50 people standing in the elevator lobby, it could take at least 2 cycles to get on. Large majority of other meeting attendees clearly also irritated about this. When mentioned this to the front desk, as many of us did, the response was either, "I'll report it." or "They're working on the elevators." Was still happening when we left. Then, at check-out, came the obligatory "how was your stay" question. Told them very disappointed. Again fortuitously, same manager on duty. She remembered check-in failure incident and also recited again that "they" were working on the elevators. She took $50 per night off our bill in recognition of our annoyance. Fine, and a good effort, but would have rather had what had requested and fast efficient elevators.

Room Tip: Verify that the elevators all are working correctly before staying here, or stay on the second floor...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed at Loews Vanderbilt this past weekend with some friends. Super comfortable beds, modern design, walking distance to shopping, dining, and nightlife. The complementary car service is quite nice. (Thank you to Luke for your excellent service!)

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Loews hotel for 1 week while conducting business in Nashville. This hotel definitely exceeded my expectations. I was able to get the club level which gives you a little more benefits. My room was on the 10th floor with an amazing view of downtown. The lobby is extremely nice and the hotel staff was excellent. I visited the hotel restaurant twice and the food was delicious. The valet was very good and convenient. They will always have my car ready right when I needed. I will definitely stay here on my next visit to Nashville.

Stayed May 2015
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The rooms were excellent. USB ports available for all the electronics i tend to travel with. The restaurant was very nice with a unique southern flair to the food. Since a draw is the music, access to the down town hub is very easy as well.
We had a bartender remembering mixed drink orders and refilling them by finding you, pretty amazing service. Fist time in Nashville but this place would be hard to top.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here many times over the past 5 years whilst visiting from Scotland and did not realise that I had not reviewed it - without doubt the best hotel option in Nashville - a bit further out but no more than a $10 taxi into the ' Honky Tonks ' in Downtown Nashville - the rooms are fairly large and very clean and the customer service second to none - good for holiday and business alike.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville? Share your experiences!