“Came for business, not sure what raves are about” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Came for business, not sure what raves are about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

My fiance and I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. As the convention was taking place at Loews, we thought it would be convenient. And it was! The staff was friendly and helpful. You can request a ride downtown in the complimentary shuttle. There are a couple decent restaurants on site, and a bar available in the lobby.

Besides that, I'm not sure where the gushing reviews come from. This was your standard 3 star hotel; definitely nothing to write home about. The elevators were terribly slow, taking AT LEAST 5-6 minutes to arrive. The hotel was at capacity so I guess that could be why, but I mean really? I've stayed in full Vegas hotels and the elevators are never that slow.

The room was fine. But, not worth the $350+ a night price tag. The sheets had a blood stain on them (not sure how you miss that on an all white bed). The white rug in the bathroom had someone elses hair on it and was dingy. No fridge (there is a locked bar fridge), no microwave. There is an older Keurig machine, looks like it's the first version made, which didn't work. It turned on and the just kept blinking, never let me or my fiance make coffee.

None of the above issues really bothered us much. The reason for this review is that the room was missing drapes. The wonderful pictures we had seen online of the rooms and suites did not match what our room looked like. We had three thin white shades l, which were on all guest rooms. But no drapes to actually shut the windows. This caused all sorts of problems. You could see in the room regardless of whether or not the blinds were down. Since it wasn't one set of blinds, there were 3 inch gaps between each allowing the light in also. At night you could see the bright LOEWS sign shining into the room, there was no avoiding it. I couldn't sleep past six because the light in the room was so bright. I've included pictures of our room with the blinds down, and an outside picture showing the drapes that should be there.

I thought maybe this was just the modern feel of the hotel, but after looking out the window and noticing that ALL the other rooms had drapes, I have to admit I was annoyed. Not sure how this was missed and I don't like that nothing could have been done. To credit the staff, they offered 50% off one nights stay. I appreciate what they did, but the drapes thing really disturbed our stay. It is Saturday morning and I have been up for hours because of the lack of drapes. I wanted a good night's sleep, and this just didn't give me that. So here I sit, writing this review instead of sleeping in the albeit, comfortable bed.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My room had a great view of downtown Nashville, including the architecturally significant Union Station, and is just across the street from Vanderbilt U. I was able to catch a ride to some of the nearby attractions with the hotel car service. The lobby area is very inviting.

Green Features: The hotel had bins for recycling paper and plastic.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had a great experience at this hotel. The room was very clean, nice, BIG, and was just what I needed after losing sleep at the Aloft Hotel the night before. They have a gorgeous bar and lobby area that would be great to grab a drink (unfortunately I did not).

One of the nice perks of this hotel are the Davines hair products. I am crazy about Davines-- it is an amazing, sustainable, natural hair care brand out of Italy. I am amazed that Loews has their products in its hotels. The products they have are the MOMO line, which smells awesome and makes your hair feel great. I know I should write more about the hotel-- but I was so blown away by the fact that Loews has such a great product rather than the usual crappy hotel stuff.

The bathroom area was otherwise very nice, new and comfortable.

The hotel is located right by Vanderbilt (thus the name) and near a trendy area of Nashville with a lot of restaurants nearby.

This hotel has self park and valet.

I try to stay loyal to Starwood brand because I have status, but when in Nashville, the Loews Vanderbilt is my first choice. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed at The Loews Hotel from April 5-9, was hoping on getting a suite but non were available but the nice lady at the check-in desk gave me a great larger corner room on the 10th floor (Rm 1019). Concierge lounge had an excellent breakfast spread every morning! The rooms were clean and very comfortable and the cleaning staff would always wait until they noticed you had left for the day before cleaning your room. Masons was excellent, the staff was very attentive and always had a smile. In fact I think everyone in this hotel had a smile, they knew me by name after the first night. Nice touches.

Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

All the staff we encountered were very friendly and accommodating. We arrived into Nashville earlier than anticipated and they were able to check us in early however one of our special room requests had not yet been completed (which we totally understood since we did get there early) and in less than 20 minutes someone was up to our room to complete that. We were surprised with their immediacy because we didn't even ask for it to be done right away or anything, they just ensured it was done as soon as possible. What great customer service! We liked the trendiness of the hotel and room decor, yet they still had accessories/pieces around which gave it a Nashville feel. Our room was clean and the furniture did not show any real signs of wear. We also liked the quietness of the neighborhood and the convenience of having a variety of restaurants/quick food options within an easy walking distance. We felt completely safe walking around the neighborhood, even during the evening/night. We also took advantage of their complimentary Mercedes SUV service several times, which is an awesome perk and far more enjoyable than a cab ride! Should we find ourselves in Nashville again, we would absolutely want to stay here!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Tipton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Hotel was impressive from approach and didn't fail when inside. Foyer large with a bar and easy access reception. Staff friendly as expected from USA and hotels pedigree.

On arrival there was a big crowd due to someone semi famous book signing? Nick the security from London (Regiment) was very friendly and I owe him a drink.

Approximately 10 blocks from downtown walkable in daylight probably recommend taxi in evening.

Room was big, bed big, bathroom big prices big. $7 water steep? Ruth Chris's steakhouse was attached prices was a little high in my opinion for food but I was assured if you went it was worth it.

Recommend to stay if ever in Nashville and we would stay again next in town.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I would definitely recommend the Loews Vanderbilt to travelers visiting Nashville. The room was beautifully appointed and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and professional. The restaurant menu was creative and lunch was delicious with great service. Ruth's Chris is conveniently located on the ground floor of the hotel as well. Overall, a wonderful experience that I would highly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Loews Hotels and Resorts

Been to Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville? Share your experiences!