“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Radstock, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed at this Hotel for a week- end of April/beginning of May. At first I thought we had made the wrong choice as it was a bit out of town, but I'm so glad this is where we stayed. We were able to walk down town sometimes, although didn't try it at night! The rooms were clean and spacious and nicely decorated. Wonderfully comfy beds. Nice coffee machine in room-only four free pods though you had to buy extra. The Bathroom/shower room was decorated in a nice modern décor- loved the light up light for doing make-up. Masons Restaurant did really good food, well presented-we had lovely eggs on toast for Breakfast- best I've ever had- really pleasant helpful staff- it was are first time in Nashville and first time in USA, everybody was so friendly. All in all it was a very pleasant experience. All staff were top class. Hope we can visit here again one day. A few special mentions- Taylor who drove us down town sometimes-lovely young man- so polite and helpful.I hope his Band does well. Ashley who was our Waitress in the bar one evening such a friendly lovely girl- I hope she gets to do what she really wants to in the end and hope her dreams come true and Shannon who helped get our Ryman and Opry tickets. You should all be proud of this hotel its top class- I wish I was still there, it sure was a great holiday.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Hello Chapmans77,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent week long holiday at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. How wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your visit and the accommodations included. Though we are located in Mid-Town about 2 miles from downtown we offer a hotel vehicle to our hotel guests when available. Thank you for the lovely complaints of Taylor our Valet, Ashley in Mason Bar, and Shannon at our Concierge’s desk. We will certainly share this review with our entire Team!

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I had a wonderful experience at the Loews Hotel. I loved its up to date look and clean lines. The rooms were lovely and very clean. I have a bad back so I'm sensitive when it comes to mattresses. I slept like a baby!! Great beds, nice showers/bathrooms, and a lovely décor. No complaints regarding my room or the service. While I was out and about, the maid accidentally threw out my Sunday Times newspaper. I called to complain since I enjoy reading the Sunday issue at my leisure. The hotel couldn't find a replacement on site but to my surprise that hunted one down for me outside the hotel and delivered it quickly. That's service!!! The food at the on-site restaurant, Mason's, was AMAZING!!! Everything that I ate there was delicious. I always looked forward to eating my meals at the hotel's restaurant. The food was fresh, creative, visually appealing, and a joy to eat. My kudos to the chef. (I had heard that the chef is award winning and it shows!!) Truly a culinary gem. The only area for improvement would be the concierge level. The hours seemed short, the food was minimal, and the service was distant.I'm comparing it to my experience at the Ritz Carlton Club level where there's plenty of food and drink for longer hours with very personal service. Definitely did not get my money's worth in that regard. Despite the concierge, I still had an excellent stay, I would stay again in the future, and would highly recommend this hotel. I'm still craving their food . . .

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Good Morning CelestineTennessee,
Thank you for writing a review of your stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. You have shared some lovely comments regarding your visit. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your accommodations and the fantastic food at Mason’s restaurant. We apologize for the disappointment you had with our Concierge Lounge concerning the food options and hours of availability. We will certainly pass this feedback on to our Concierge Manager for review. Nevertheless we would love for you to come back and enjoy some delicious Mason’s cuisine.
Middlesboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our group of 250 or so KFC franchisees stayed at the Loews Vanderbilt the last week of April and could not have had a more pleasant experience! I am also in the lodging and hospitality business, with very high standards, and look at an experience with a very critical eye. Our experience was truly incredible! Not only is the hotel in a great location, and had all the amenities, the staff was outstanding. Every single staff person I encountered was courteous, and helpful, to the point that they often made it a point to introduce themselves. I encountered them throughout our stay and they often called me by name. When your can get your entire team to act like owners, you really have something special. I'm looking forward a return visit very soon. Thanks Loews!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Hello Jay2906,
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review following your stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel during the KFC Franchises conference. We will certainly share this review with our entire Team to make them aware of your gracious comments regarding our customer service and hospitality. We were so glad to host the KFC Franchise conference and would love to have you all back with us again!
New orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

The conference facilities were comfortable and the banquet event was conducted professionally. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. The banquet and front desk staff were extremely cordial, going the extra mike to help obtain recipes, arrange outings, etc. Every meal exceeded expectations; the food was imaginative and tasty. The only lacking element was spa/ leisure facilities, which were pretty slim. Happily, the hospitality made up for that!

• Stayed May 2014
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hello Ekruger999,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after staying with us at the Loews Vanderbilt hotel for your conference. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and the delicious food options served during your meetings’ meal times. We will certainly share your comments with our Catering and Banquets Departments. Please come back and see us again whether traveling for business or pleasure.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I recently stayed at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville for a bachelorette party and the whole experience was excellent! I was able to utilize the eStandby upgrade to a suite that was incredible. The hotel staff was wonderful and welcoming. The location of the hotel was also in a great location. I will defiantly be visiting again.

Room Tip: Defiantly look into the eStandby option for a room upgrade!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Greetings Robyn C,
Thank you for sharing comments of your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel during a bachelorette party. Luckily, when guest make their accommodations they have the opportunity of the eStandby upgrades based upon availability, what a great way for an inexpensive upgrade! We would certainly love to have you back.
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed here as participants of the Rock and Roll Country Music Half Marathon and it was just as expected for what we needed and for the price we paid. This is a west end hotel - (NOT downtown) and the walk from the hotel to downtown is separated by approximately 2 miles and a questionable part of town. Thankfully they do have a shuttle that is available on a first come first served basis. This worked out great for us on a couple of occasions and not so well as the hotel got busier.

The staff at this hotel were really nice and very accommodating - no complaints in that department! The hotel made available a “carb load” meal (pasta, bread, etc) the night before the event at a reasonable price. This enabled us to relax and eat in our room so we could rest and ready ourselves for the early morning start of the race on Saturday. They also made available a choice of a few items on the morning of the race (bagels, cereal, juice, etc) as well as free water. This was also a nice touch and appreciated by all runners, I'm sure

Lastly I would like to mention the beds – really comfortable and the room was very nice. The entire hotel is well kept and very appealing. The only real complaint I have is the limited amount of coffee they provide for free (once it's gone you have to pay) and the only bottled water they have in the room is at a cost of $7.00 each (Fiji water)! $7.00...REALLY? I'd rather have generic bottled water for free. Be sure to stop and get water and snacks or you will pay a hefty price if you get stuck without at the hotel. All in all I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Julie D,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel over the Country Music Marathon weekend. Though we do offer a hotel vehicle, when it is out assisting other hotel guests we always have taxis available at our taxi stand located on the front drive. We are always excited to host runners and visitors of the marathon so we do our best to anticipate your needs when it comes to preparing for the race. Yes, the mini bar items in the guestrooms are priced valued for convenience, but please note if you do decide to bring additional items we can offer an empty fridge to be placed in your room during your stay. We hope to have you back next year if you participate in the 2015 Marathon!
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here for two weeks for business and also for medical care. Was on the club floor. The hotel rooms are very well done and tasteful. The beds are wonderful. The bathrooms are quality. The room service is excellent. On the club floor, a nice breakfast is provided, and a wind down hour from 5 to 7 with free wine and beer and snacks. If you are easily satisfied, one can get by eating only the breakfast and the snacks at the cocktail hour. Staff is wonderful and that includes the valet and shuttle. Parking is expensive at $30 per day, with neighboring hotels giving free parking like Courtyard or such.

Room Tip: For the extra price, the concierge floor is worth it.
Green Features: You can use the same towels if you want. They do recycle.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Greetings bioexec,
Thank you for taking the time to write of your extended stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We are glad to hear that during your stay you were able to enjoy our Concierge Lounge. The Loews Vanderbilt is one of few hotels in Nashville that offer a Concierge Lounge so we try to make the experience one of a premium level. We do understand that parking can be a challenge in Mid-Town and the price might be a concern to some hotel guests. Please note we do our best to maintain competitive parking rates compared to the hotels in surrounding areas. Please come back and visit us again if ever in Music City!
Best Regards,

Been to Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville? Share your experiences!