“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Would highly recommend Loews Vanderbilt for any trip to Nashville. It was 5 minutes from downtown so a car or taxi ride would be required. The hotel itself was clean, modern and rooms were upgraded. Only small complaint was the bathroom was a little small, but nothing that affected our stay. The staff were all really nice and friendly. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Hello Daniel W,
Thank you for writing a review of your stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We appreciate your recommendation and that you wanted to share it with other travelers. Though we are located in Mid-Town just a short cab ride to downtown, please note we also have a hotel vehicle to be used complimentary by our hotel guests. We would love to have you come back to visit when traveling to Music City.

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I come into town every so often for the show "Nashville" - so for a production of that prestige to be housing its guests in the Loews already says a lot about the hotel.

On the extended stays, I have got to make good friends with some of the fine front-of-house staff, who take the time to get to know you and tailor your experience as a guest accordingly.

Special thanks goes to Nick Grant, Security Supervisor.. a fellow Brit, who is such a good friend now that he wakes me up for my call time each morning with a cup of tea! Sometimes, after zero sleep, he'll bring me a Red Bull or three! How amazing is that?!! I can safely say that I would have been fired by now if it weren't for Alarm Clock Nick - above and beyond the call of duty !!

I know all the service staff, front desk, restaurant, the many Chris's.. my good friend Markos.. Felicia! Everyone works with a smile and that energy is infectious!

I love the hotel and wouldn't go anywhere else now if they paid me. Because you can have all the stars you want on the front door… but unless you hire stars to keep the hotel running, giving their guests a personable experience, it matters not.

Can't wait to see y'all again soon!

Charlie

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Greetings Charlie U,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience after many extended stays at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. What a pleasure to know you think of us as your home away from home. We will share your gratitude of each team member mentioned in your review to let them know how appreciative you are of their hospitality. We value customer service and hotel guests are the number one priority. We can’t wait to have you back again!
Safe Travels and Best Regards,
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My fiancé and I spent only one night at the Loews Vanderbilt for a Nashville Predators hockey game. It is a beautiful and luxurious property with superb staff and close to the downtown action. We took the free hotel shuttle downtown which was very convenient. We returned in a taxi because it was late and easy (about $10 including tip). We stayed in a king room on the 8th floor. The room was appointed nicely and comfortable. Everything seemed clean and orderly. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom just right. The walk-in shower was great! My only slight complaints were the squeaky bathroom door, which I reported to the front desk on check-out. There is no fan in the bathroom to reduce the humidity and drown out the noise from the hallway, neighbors (walls are kinda thin), and outside (heard sirens at least twice). So I think overall, this is a fancy hotel on the surface that I would stay in again if I found a good rate. It is expensive, but given that Nashville was packed for concerts, graduations, & hockey, it was a good choice and fair deal when there were few other (nice hotel) options to be found.

Room Tip: Use the free hotel shuttle within a 3-mile radius if possible. Otherwise, the taxi is reasonable fro...
Hello CH_opinions,

We are glad to hear that you and your fiancé enjoyed your recent visit to Nashville while staying at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We thank you for the feedback regarding guest bathrooms not having a fan. We certainly need feedback such as this to know what could be addressed during room renovation plans. Nevertheless, please come back and see us again when staying the night out on the town in Nashville.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I went to Nashville on March 14th for a graduation. The hotel was very clean, modern and in a nice part of town. The hotel is directly across from Vanderbilt University. We were concerned because needed a late check out because the ceremony ran late and the front desk was very accommodating to extend our checkout time (twice). Our only gripe was the beds were very firm so it wasn’t as comfortable as we would have liked.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Greetings michael c,

Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We apologize that you were uncomfortable with your bedding options, but glad to see that you enjoyed your visit nevertheless. Please come visit us again when stopping in Music City.

Desloge, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Sorry for the title, but it explains it all. Took a weekend trip to Nashville for my daughters 20th birthday. Chose this hotel mainly because I couldn't afford the really expensive places downtown. But, with that said, this was pricey by my standards. We usually stay in $90-$130 room when travelling. But wanted to treat my daughter to a nice place so went as expensive as I could afford.

Approaching the hotel and entering the lobby was very nice. New and modern decor looked great. Plenty of seating around on the main floor and several tvs to watch. The lady at the front desk was very business like. According to her, they were overbooked for the night. "more than 100%" is what she told me.

There were 3 of us making the trip so I got one room with 2 beds. Had there only been 2 of us we could have gotten a king bed and I believe this is the way you should go. Getting two doubles really made the room feel crowded and sleeping 2 to the bed was a very tight fit. Since the room seemed really small and the bed seemed so small to me, it left a bad taste in my mouth for the whole weekend. Spending over $450 for 2 nights and disappointed? That is the reason for the title to my rating.

The other thing that seems to rub me the wrong way was the fact that there always seems to be a price attached to even the smallest service. We used the hotels "business center", my daughter needed to print a document for some schoolwork she was doing. The cost to print the single sheet of paper? $6. The quality? The printer cartridge must have been low because the paper was streaked. I guess I am cheap, but after spending the money I spent, I guess I expected the one piece of printed paper to be free. I guess my expectations were too high.

There was free parking for hotel guests, that is a plus since the hotel is in a metro area. But once in, you needed to swipe your room key to get out of the garage. We left the garage 6 times in 2+ days and swiping our room key never worked. Always had to buzz the hotel and they opened the gate.

It was not all negative. The customer service people we ran into were beyond friendly. Patrick ? helped my wife with her bags while I parked the car and would not accept a tip. Thank you Patrick.

All in all we had a great trip but sadly, I dont feel I can really recommend you stay here. Most of the issues I had were in setting my expectations to high, but left this hotel disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hello semoguy,

We would like to thank you for visiting the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel and taking the time to write your comments and concerns for our Team to review. Feedback such as this helps us to better understand what Loews’ guests are expecting during their stay with us. This way we can make improvements were needed. I would like to apologize for the few inconveniences you experienced with your accommodations. We would hope for another chance to show you what the Loews Brand has to offer and would like to invite you back when travelling to Nashville again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We were on a college tour and this was our middle stop. Such a nice, relaxing stay and half we were here the longest. Room was large and comfortable. We were able to walk to shopping and dining. We had appetizers downstairs two nights and enjoyed these as well. Overall great experience.

• Stayed March 2014
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Hello Mcm315,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your college tour. We understand there are many options in Mid-Town and appreciate the opportunity to be at your service. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience in Mason Bar. We hope we can continue to be your home away from home if you choose a Nashville University.
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

There is not much to do in walking distance of the Loew's. Thankfully the taxis are always ready to go! And we had a shuttle to the convention center for husband's meetings. The staff at the hotel was great. I do not like having a mini-bar though and really missed having a small fridge. And there are no vending machines to grab a coke since they have the mini-bars. The first night our group checked in everyone getting on the elevator had a 12 pack of drinks or bottled water purchased at the CVS that is about 2 blocks away. The rooms are clean and have decent sized bathrooms. We had one problem the last night we were there when our heat died and in the process set off our smoke alarm. Maintenance quickly determined we had to change rooms and the bellman came and moved us. The next day when I couldn't tell the checkout desk what room we were in she wanted to know what happened. She comped breakfast for our trouble without me asking.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Greetings LynnLJM,
Thank you for taking the opportunity to write a review following the recent business trip you attended with your husband at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. Please note that we do have a gift shop available in our lobby for guest not wanting to access their in-room mini bars. Guest may also request a separate mini fridge to be placed in their room. Additionally, on behalf of our management team we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the HVac unit resulting in a room move. We hope that you come back and visit us in the future when travelling to Music City.
Best Regards,

Been to Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville? Share your experiences!