“Know the Airport shuttle to Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

15% off on Club Rooms!
Ranked #18 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Know the Airport shuttle to Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

For our first trip to Nashville to see the George Jones Tribute concert. I searched Tripadvisor to see ratings on Hotels and was pretty impressed overall with the Loews Hotel rating. I took the advice and upgraded a bit to the Concierge floor (10th Floor) and it was worth it in my opinion. Probably the best part was experiencing the people at the breakfasts (Frank from American Pickers and his filming crew (John), meeting a guitarist who's played for Lynyrd Skynyrd and other famous groups, and one of the most interesting was a former Air Force PJ); and the hosts were VERY friendly and accommodating. Room was very nice with an exceptionally comfortable King bed. Thought the TV was a bit small for the room size but adequate. The lounge area is very nice, but we spent most of our time down on music row.

If I had one negative (and for all those whom have not stayed there) be advised they told me twice they had an airport shuttle service, so the morning we arrived I called to get times of shuttle and they told me quarter past and quarter to on the hour, great as it should arrive in roughly 15 min. We waited 45 minutes and I called back, and they said they contract with a shuttle service (never mentioned this either time I had called about the shuttle prior to this call) and it was in a different area than the "Hotel Shuttle" pickup location. How frustrating.... but once at the Hotel everything was very good from first day to last with extremely friendly workers (from valet to check-in to the lounge area) all workers treated you as special. Joe in the Concierge room was extremely nice to talk to and wish we had had more time as he has a fascinating past with his world travels. Would probably stay there again, only reason I wouldn't is if I wanted a Hotel right downtown Nashville for easy walking to and from Music Row.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Concierge level, also check out specials as I received a 3-night stay which was discounte...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Hello Robert S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel and Nashville to attend the George Jones tribute concert. Thank you for the positive feedback of our private Concierge lounge and the accommodations offered. We would certainly like to apologize for any confusion concerning the airport shuttle. Loews Vanderbilt does not in fact provide transportation to the Nashville airport though we do provide a complimentary hotel shuttle that services a three mile radius within the hotel’s location. The airport shuttle is operated by the GrayLine Airport Express, which additional information of services can be located on their website. Despite the small mishap we would love to have you stay with us again while in Nashville.
Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Vermilion, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Rarely do I write a review for a large, non resort hotel but I was most impressed with every staff member I encountered and the service. They all went out of their way to ensure I had a good stay. From Van in the workout room to the front desk staff (sorry I cannot remember the blond hair woman, Lynie or Jamie?) to the breakfast crew. The hotel was clean and thoughtfully appointed, not luxurious but neither was the price.

Greetings LCH_11,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. Our Team strives to provide excellent customer service in Nashville and we are excited to see that we exceeded your expectations. We will certainly send your wonderful comments of Van to our Housekeeping department and the blonde ladies at the Front Desk. Please come back to see us again when in Music City.
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a conference. I was very happy with the room, the common areas and the conference rooms. My room had a very comfortable bed, nice TV, Keurig coffee maker, very nice bathroom with excellent lighting. Because I was there for a conference, I was able to try a lot of their food. Overall, I was pretty happy with the food. There were a few dishes that were either overcooked (chicken was dry) or served cold when it should have been hot. I understand mass producing food can be tricky, but I think they could step it up a notch. I did enjoy the complimentary WiFi - it seemed to have good speed. Overall I was pretty happy with my stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hello Beth K,
Thank you for writing a review of the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel after staying with us during a conference. Your feedback concerning meals provided by our Banquet department is important in order to continue providing exceptional service to all hotel conference attendees. It is good to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations with us nevertheless and we hope that you choose our hotel if ever back in Nashville.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for the CMA Awards a few weeks ago and I must say it was a great experience. We had a room on the concierge floor and what a delight that was. A wonderful breakfast buffet in the morning complete with eggs, oatmeal, fruit, breads and pastries, as well as Happy Hour drinks and hors d'ouerves from 5-7pm each night, all at no charge. Miguel Torres was especially helpful in the evening. Since this hotel is not right in downtown you will need to take taxi's to get to downtown or rent a car but I would not let that stop you from staying here. Truly a delightful experience.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your review, and especially for your 6 day stay. We appreciate your comments about our team going above and beyond for each and every guest, especially in the bar.

Come back soon!
Wildwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I do a lot of international business traveling, and a colleague of mine suggested investing some time on trip advisor and so far it has been a good decision. I have stayed at Loews several times, but this time was absolutely phenomenal. Let me tell you why:

1) Renovations, this hotel went from being a bit outdated to absolutely breathtaking. And the reason I always choose this hotel over the Marriott is the small details that relate to Nashville are displayed.
2) Their bar is magnificent and the bartenders are wonderful
3) One of the hardest things about traveling is lack of feeling at home. I decided to stay on the concierge floor this time, and that made my whole trip so much better. Their concierges go out of their way to make me feel at home. There was one young lady, Maria, who was there all four mornings I was there. And after my first morning she remembered that I liked to read the New York Times and drink a Diet Coke every morning. And each morning she got me those things without me asking. How delightful is that? You don't find personal touches like that everywhere
4) Everyone greets you and asks you how you are

The only downside of this visit, is the fact that it's a little bit further away from downtown than some other similar hotels. But I say it is worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate very much your feedback. We are equally as excited about our renovations and are very glad that you enjoyed the updates. I am so happy to hear that you were well taken care of by Maria in the Concierge lounge. Our private concierge access lounge is a wonderful benefit to our guests because of the personal care we are able to provide, including the complimentary breakfast and afternoon snacks. I hope we will have another opportunity to have you as our guest in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Loews for meetings for 4 days. Would highly recommend. Staff were all friendly, very helpful and pleasant. Concierge Jo was fantastic. She arranged a tour and got us tickets for CMA country concert. Food was really good and it's a good location!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Joan W,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am very happy to hear that you experienced the customer service that we strive for each day. Our concierge services are something we wish that each guest took advantage of to fully experience our wonderful city and hospitailty. Please let us know if you ever need anything else when you are in Nashville.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at the Loews's Vanderbilt in Nashville TN this past weekend. The employees were friendly and nice; however, the hotel was quite mediocre. We left our room Saturday morning at 9AM and returned at 1:45 and it had not yet been cleaned! There are none of those "do not disturb" or "please clean" signs for your door, and now I understand why--they just get to your room when they get to it! This is not a large hotel, so one would wonder why there isn't enough help to get to clean up the room. Also the bathroom is small and there aren't any luxury items--just very basic, as was the room. While I wouldn't call this a "bad" hotel, I would say that it certainly isn't anything special. So, to sum up: The rooms and bathrooms are just average; the staff is excellent and nice and friendly. We had a wedding at this hotel, and the food was quite awful, and it was clear that they were not equipped to handle such a large function (ran out of flatware, dinner was served late and cold, etc) but, the staff, all around, could not have been nicer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback about your recent stay. We wish to provide above and beyond service and it is clear that we fell short of these standards. I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive prompt service for the cleaning of your guest room and that the meal during the wedding you attended was not properly warmed. Please know that the feedback we receive is distributed to the appropriate department so that we may prevent similar occurances in the future. We hope that we will have an opportunity in the future to reestablish your faith in our hotel.

Tony Phillips

Been to Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville? Share your experiences!