“concierge level neutralizes flawed performance in great remodel” 4 of 5 stars

15% off on Club Rooms!
Ranked #17 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
N/A
“concierge level neutralizes flawed performance in great remodel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

have stayed here before when it was depressing spot so was awed by great renovation..But as others have commented room bookings were a disaster fr everyone at my 100 + mtg. I however lucked out with upgrade to concierge which was bliss,The breakfast dreamy ,atmosphere terrif and Happy Hour a winner,!
Other folks were not so lucky and were shifted abt .Mtg food and concierge food really great,!!!, bar expensive fr no reason,,Impt to note out of 5 nites , only 2 wake up calls worked !!
huge pillows were awful fr sore neck and I had to use decorator pillow ,also not nice was cold d air blown into my room and it was cold outside. I could not get warm.
Pay attention Lowes,, your renovation and guests expect it

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
We are very glad to hear your positive remarks about our recent renovation. It is also good to hear when guests take advantage of upgrading to receive our concierge access lounge. I apologize that your wakeup calls were not consistent and that the temperature in your room was not more comfortable, but thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can address these issues. We do hope we will have another opportunity to have you as our guest in the future!
Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a seminar and got a "group rate", which came to $250/night including taxes, even with this supposedly "discounted" rate. The rooms were clean, but on the small side. The service was AWFUL. I reserved my room two months in advanced, but when I checked in at 9 pm, I was told that there was no one room available for the two nights I had reserved, so I would have to move after the first night. Absolutely no appology and no offer was made to move my belongings. I was told to pack up and bring my suit case to the lobby in the morning, then pick it up in the afternoon. In addition, when I checked in, the clerk at the counter was surly and made absolutely no attempt to explain why my reservation was screwed up. Also, there is a bar in the Lobby and it was EXTREMELY noisey. I have stayed in other high end hotels and I know what to expect, and this was definitely NOT it. Were I ever to need to attend a seminar at this hotel, I would stay elsewhere and park across the street (for free) then walk over.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Linda M,
I am so sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience during your stay at the Loews Vanderbilt in October. Here at Loews, we strive to go above and beyond in service, and it is clear that we did not succeed in this case. We greatly regret being unable to accommodate a guest's reservation, and I'm sorry that you were not provided better compensation and service to make up for the inconvenience. If you would consider giving us another chance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at tphillips@loewshotels.com prior to your arrival, and I will make sure your faith is renewed in our hotel.
Tony
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

The hallways and guest rooms are all old and outdated. The room service was terrible. Ordered a simple Cobb salad. First it came without dressing. the chicken was disgusting the avocados were brown. They microwaved the bread. I wouldn't come back.

• Stayed October 2013
I am very sorry to hear about your poor dining experience at the Loews Vanderbilt in October, but we do appreciate your feedback. We are planning to update our guestrooms in the future, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest and renew your faith in our hotel.
Tony
Greenwich, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Loews Nashville used to hold special meaning - it's where I stayed before I moved in Freshman year. Now it's special for another reason. The lobby renovation is complete. The rooms are.... I don't know because when I showed up tonight they told me they had a problem with the rooms. Not "I am sorry sir but we are overbooked". But "we have experienced a problem with our rooms." So instead I am staying out at the airport (I just came from here) A hotel I have never heard of that is not as nice as chains half the cost of Loews. The night manager gave me the managers card and suggested I call him. I did. He said he was out of the country and unaware of any issue. I sent a picture of my new room to his email but I am sure the cigarette burns don't show up or the noise. I hope the other dozen or so people that were rebooked did better than I did. Maybe they got into the Hutton or some place nice. Thanks Lowes for the cab fare. How do I get back the 90 + minutes wasted back n forth. Not to mention the aggravation and difference in quality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your visit to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel in October. It is always upsetting to be unable to accommodate our guest due to an oversold situation. I apologize that you did not receive comparable accommodations. Please contact me directly at tphillips@loewshotels.com, and I will assure our team makes it up to you during a future stay if you would give us the opportunity.
Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Arrived very tired at 9am (way before usual check in) but I had been flying since 4am...Jayne was wonderful in helping me an available room. While I waited I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Food was very good, service was great! I recommend the pimento cheese grits. Total wait time was abut 30 min, arrived in very clean, spacious room; towels well stocked, snacks/drinks available in room but I did not partake. I was here on a big college football day; there is a GIGANTIC TV in the bar area where I enjoyed several games and drinks in a great atmosphere! I had a minor housekeeping glitch that was resolved QUICKLY! Only recommendation would be for management to follow lead of other chains who offer $$ vouchers if you do not have your room cleaned or no additional towels during stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words about your stay in October. I am happy to hear Jayne took such wonderful care of you during check in. We always aim to accommodate our guests as quickly as possible for check in especially after such long travels. Thank you for your feedback about the housekeeping situation, and we hope to see you again very soon!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice enough hotel - have recently renovated the lobby but should have invested in the rooms. Huge scuff marks on all room door exteriors was a giveaway that these rooms have not been renovated in a long time. Great location close to Vanderbilt and a 20 minute walk to Broadway. Friendly staff at the front desk but those in the breakfast restaurant need to speed up a little. Our server in the bar was awesome though !! Not a bad stay but extremely average....

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the feedback about your stay in October. We are planning to refresh our guestrooms in the near future. We would love to have you back and better show you what the Loews Vanderbilt has to offer in service and accommodations in all departments.
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel was recently renovated and the rooms were nice but not special. The one they put me in was by far their smallest and when I commented on it all they said - oh we are sorry you did not like it . A cold sholder to say the least and that type of treatment does not encourage future stays. The location was ok depending on where you are going but not really walking distance to anywhere . if you stay on business or to visit the university it would be a decent choice but they do need to improve their treatment of guests. Do not stay in any room that ends in a 17as they are small and dark - or at least get a good discount

Room Tip: do not stay in a room that ends in a 17 . They have almost no light or window and are small
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tony P, General Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback about your stay in October. Providing our guests with exceptional service, and supremely comfortable accommodations has always been our mission. I am very sorrry that we did not succeed with your stay. If you come back to the hotel in the future, please contact me directly at tphillips@loewshotels.com, and I can assure that your visit will be improved.

Been to Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville? Share your experiences!