“Close to Vanderbilt Campus - Newly Renovated” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 150 hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
stL
“Close to Vanderbilt Campus - Newly Renovated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my first time staying in a Loews hotel, and I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel did not have great reviews online, but I am VERY happy we gave it a chance! The hotel looks sort of dated from the outside (as most hotels in Nashville do), but the inside was sparkling and new! I have heard that they recently completed a 17 million dollar renovation - and you can tell!

The check in desk had no line, and the entire staff was very friendly. The elevators were a bit slow, but when we got to our room, we were impressed. The linens are wonderful, plenty of pillows, lots of towels, and decent bath products. We stayed in a standard room with 2 double beds, and had plenty of space. The blackout curtains were great too!

The TV had very limited channels, but plenty of movies for purchase ($18/movie). The room service and housekeeping were prompt when we called, but slow to clean the room each day.

There is a Ruth's Chris steak house connected to the hotel through the lobby, so we ordered take out from there instead of the Room Service - because of the limited menu (Room service comes from Mason's restaurant which is in the lobby - but not many options, especially for a vegetarian diner).

I suggest the "Stop Drop & Roll package" which adds about $30 to your bill per night, but you get free valet parking ($30 value), and two free drinks per day!

While this was not as elegant as the Hermitage (my favorite hotel in Nashville), it was certainly a great alternative!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor and had no problems with noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Greetings stL Travelsnob,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. Yes, we have just finished a large renovation including the lobby, restaurant, bar, guest corridors, and bathrooms. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room accommodations. Thank you for making the suggestion of a great hotel package, “Stop, Drop, & Roll” to future hotel guests. Please do come back and visit us when traveling to Nashville again.

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

being a foodie, this is the place to be. the beds are also amazing and I could've slept for hours if I didn't have a meeting the next day. the lobby is amazing and I've been there years before and it has dramatically changed. When visiting Nashville, staying at this hotel is a must!

• Stayed June 2013
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello georgiagirl334,
Thank you for taking the time to send your comments regarding your most recent visit to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. Our Team is very excited about the newly remolded lobby, Mason’s, and Mason Bar. We would love to have you back for your next meeting in Nashville!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel and Great service! It has the Best lobby bar in town. Order the front porch
Or the old fashioned. I now Just come here just for the food at masons and masons bar. The deciles eggs are the best I've ever had

• Stayed June 2013
Greetings Betsybn,
Thank you for your review of the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, as well as Mason’s and Mason Bar. We also have use of complimentary charges for the iPhone 4 and 5 in Mason Bar.
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here for five nights while in town for the CMA Festival. Close enough to walk Downtown in around 15 minutes but away from the crowds, it was just what I was looking for.
Two beds in my large room were plenty for me. They felt like sleeping on a cloud.
The bathroom was a good size and well equipped too.
My only grumble was on day the maid told me she couldn't get her key to work to get into my room as I arrived to find her waiting outside for her supervisor to let her in. We arranged a time for her to return when I would be out again but she never came back so my room wasn't cleaned for a day and my mini bar wasn't re-stocked either. Not sure what happened there.
Regardless, I liked this hotel a lot and would recommend. Only have a smoothie and coffee for breakfast one day as we ate out but no complaints there.
The bar is great too and the foyer is large with plenty of seats and access to the wi-fi (although I had it included in my rate for use in the room and had no connection problems).

Room Tip: I stayed in 227, which was quiet apart from the buzz from the ice room directly opposite me.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello Shruggy,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent visit during the CMA Festival. We are located in Mid-Town which gives us the ability to be away from the constant night life of downtown but close enough for a short cab ride or by using the complimentary hotel shuttle. We are glad to hear you utilized the Great Room which is a result from our recent renovation. The Loews Vanderbilt Team would love to have you back next year if you are traveling to Nashville for the CMA Festival.
Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Newly remodeled, after driving over to the Opry one night and seeing from the outside the monstrously large Gaylord resort, I was quite happy to be staying in the location we were. It is a short drive to the downtown, Vandy is across the street, several restaurants are close. We chose the premium rooms which offers free wifi, am and pm receptions. My kids enjoyed the opportunity for a quick breakfast essentially whenever they were ready, I enjoyed seeing them interact politely with the other guests. The hotel had a couple of small bumps while we were there, a brief power outage, and some elevator issues. I would return. There is no pool, but we took the opportunity to make a daytrip to Mammoth Cave, Kentucky which is only 1.5 hour drive away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Hello Gulfcoasters,
Thank you for your wonderful review from your recent stay at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed staying on our Premium Concierge level. We do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced concerning the unexpected power outage and elevator issues. The Team here worked diligently to understand what caused the mishap. Please if you and your family ever travel through Nashville, we would love to have you back.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you have a pup and want to stay in Nashville, then Loews is the place. I took my chocolate lab here and the staff was so great to him.

It is also a really nice hotel. Our room was clean and the bed was really nice. My wife and I took several naps and we never do that.

The hotel is right across the street from Vandy, which is nice if you are going to a ball game, or want to see the campus. There are a ton of bars, restaurants, etc. around. It is about 15 minutes from the Grand Ole' Opry. It is an easy walk to Centennial Park and the Parthenon.

I had such a great trip. Thanks Loews.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LoewsVanderbiltHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hello tommyboyOSU,
Thank you for your recent review following your stay at Loews Vanderbilt. What a wonderful description you gave of our hotel and its surroundings. We couldn’t have said it better ourselves. We know people love traveling with their pets so we make that possible at all Loews Hotels. No need to worry for those guests with allergies or do not like pets, we have two floors designated for guests travelling with their pets. Please if ever in Nashville again visit us and bring your chocolate lab.
And remember… Loews Loves Pets!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I just stayed there over memorial day weekend ..

the hotel was nicely redone..

BUT THEY FORGOT TO SOUND PROOF THE ROOMS

you hear everything..and do not get a room by the ice machine

Parking is WAY OVER PRICED too.. beside the 26.00 a day self parking they charge tax above that

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings Scottfll,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your recent visit to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced of hearing noise from additional guest on your floor. Please note as hotel we stay highly competitive with the price of our parking rates to ensure our hotel guest are receiving the best rate available within Nashville. We do hope that despite your inconveniences you would come back to visit if ever in Music City.
Best Regards,

Been to Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville? Share your experiences!