“Would highly not recommend. ” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)

You added Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2613 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #33 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
“Would highly not recommend. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Huge disappointment. Nashville is a beautiful city with hundreds of wonderful hotels. I would not recommend staying here. The front desk is rude. It's almost impossible to get someone to answer the phone at the front desk. We booked with free parking, then suddenly it was $20 per car, per night. Which with a big group (there were 12 of us and 4 rooms with 4 cars) really adds up. The total charged to my card was higher than the rate we locked in. Which again, multiplied with a big group and multiple rooms adds up. The toilet in our room would not stop running and it was so loud. We called the front desk twice to have it fixed. The second time the person who answered asked me, the guest, if he should put a work order in for the toilet... as if I would know how he should do his job. We needed to shower so requested someone come look at it quickly so we'd be able to shower without the worry of a maintenance person showing up in the middle of it, an hour later and no maintenance person had shown up. My aunt ended up having to take the back of the toilet apart and fix it for us.

I will give the hotel 2 stars because it is beautiful inside. And the hotel manager was really nice about adjusting the charges appropriately. We also were able to get parking free since no one notified us of the change.

BUT since there are so many other options in the area, and the front desk is rude, maintenance didn't show up, and charges didn't match what I booked...I would say go elsewhere for the money.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Alma, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel is clean, and the staff except in the restaurant is great. The lobby is very loud such that I had trouble checking in due to the background noise. The worse of any HI we've visited. The restaurant staff is very uneven, from good to very poor. The breakfast buffet is terrible. The first two mornings had hot items that were lukewarm at best and not fresh. For what they charge, this should not occur. The fruit can be good or not ripe. This morning we are heading to the Pancake Pantry for breakfast!

Parking is not clearly indicated. Valet is in front but no indication to park in the back if you self park!

The room is fine although glass shower door was removed, but the metal bottom rail is still present. This is a safety concern.

Room Tip: Don't purchase the breakfast option.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was in Nashville to attend a national nurses congress convention. Our headquarters were actually at another hotel and our meeting was at the Nashville Convention Center 2 miles from Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt. I was a little apprehensive about getting to the meetings in a timely fashion but I shouldn't have wasted my time worrying. Holiday Inn made sure I was on time each and every day by providing FREE shuttle to and from my destination. The FREE buffet breakfast was awesome. The staff went out of their way to make sure all my needs were met. My stay was arranged by Dyson Travel Agency in Newton, NC. My agent, Summer Pringle, did all the research and was successful in making the trip and stay an awesome experience. I will use Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown) again.

Room Tip: My room was beside the bank of elevators. I was very pleasantly surprised that I could NOT heard ANY...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello. ! You know, we certainly understand that our guests have the option to stay at other hotels within the area, and for that we thank you for choosing us! Our goal is not only to provide superior service but also to exceed each and every one of our guests’ expectations. With that said, we are thrilled that you had a great visit! Thanks again for your thorough review; please come back and see us again soon.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Only stayed for one night in this hotel but it was clean, tidy and all the staff were very polite and helpful. Also there was a excellent band playing in the hotel bar which was a great introduction to Nashville! Hotel is only a 5 minute taxi ride to downtown bar area. Only complaint was that we were charged for parking when it was free with our room (only found out after we left).

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Greetings from Nashville. You know, I certainly understand that our guests have the option to stay at other hotels within the area, and for that I thank you for choosing us! Our goal is not only to provide superior service but also to exceed each and every one of our guests’ expectations. With that said, I’m thrilled that you had a great visit! Thanks again for your thorough review; please come back and see us again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel was very clean and tidy. Staff at the front desk were always welcoming and eager to attend. The shuttle services were quite helpful.
The restaurant was also cosy but the breakfast variety was limited and monotonous, however, Ferdinand made breakfast very interesting as he was always willing to go an extra mile. Thank you.
Housekeeping was however lousy, I don't know if they got tired of us, because after the 3rd day of our stay, our bathroom was always shabbily cleaned.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Greetings from Nashville! We want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing. .We cannot wait to pass along your kind words to our associates, including Ferdinand. Thank you again for the feedback. Safe travels.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel recently finished a renovation, and it looks fantastic. The hotel has local singers/songwriters performing in the bar. The night I was there, I saw about six that were scheduled, and then they had open mic night going on. A great way to hear some great singers and relax.
I really liked the artwork in the hotel, too. It was commissioned for the hotel (I did research to see if I could buy some).

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello, Matt P. ! You know, we certainly understand that our guests have the option to stay at other hotels within the area, and for that I thank you for choosing us! Our goal is not only to provide superior service but also to exceed each and every one of our guests’ expectations. With that said, we're thrilled that you had a great visit! Thanks again for your thorough review; please come back and see us again soon.
Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

If you need a hotel for a Vanderbilt football game, this is IT. Their back parking lot is right against Vandy's stadium! The front desk clerks are very nice, and we got a great room on the top floor. When we arrived, it was pouring rain, and the valets were helping everyone and making sure no one got too wet. We chose to self-park, but they were still very helpful to us. There's a grill downstairs with live music every night, and restaurants right across the street and around the corner. There's also a grocery store close by too. It's very convenient. Also, every room has a microwave and refrigerator!

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces a street, the back faces Vanderbilt's stadium.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit. We appreciate your kind words. Our location is great for relaxation, parking, fun and outstanding food. Nashville is a sensational town. We look forward to your next visit to the ​Holiday Inn Vanderbilt-Nashville.

Been to Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)? Share your experiences!