“Accommodating!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)

You added Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2613 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #42 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
austin, tx
“Accommodating!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were wowed with the responsiveness of the desk staff here. My teen daughter and I checked into a room on the 4th floor late in the afternoon, which we quickly realized was a Vandy Girl party floor. As one loud, obnoxious drunk girl traveled the floor checking in with drinking buddies in rooms all around us, we made a call to the front desk to request a different room. An employee appeared within minutes to move us up two floors to a nicer, corner room. We didn't hear a thing all night and rested well. Thank you to staff working 6/14-15/2014!

Room Tip: Corner rooms/Exec Rooms are in better shape than standard rooms.
Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your review! We truly appreciate your business, and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Holiday Inn Nashville Vanderbilt.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Logan, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

First, the room we requested and booked, a king room, was not available at the time we checked in.That should've been an indicator to leave but I had stayed here before without problem and it was convenient to downtown, so we stayed. The room was far less than "spotless" as well, they definitely need to so some overhauling of their rooms.
However, three days after checking out, I received an extra charge of $200 on my credit card. I called the hotel and they told me it was a fee for smoking in the room. WE DO NOT SMOKE! I asked that a manager call me back ASAP and she said she would pass along the message. I waited 3 hours, no call, so I called back a demanded to speak with manager. He proceeded to tell me that housekeeping found evidence in the room of smoking in the room, which BTW an empty pack of cigarettes in the trash is not evidence of smoking in the room, that could've been thrown away from someone who just got back from downstairs from smoking. BUT, we don't smoke and the trash cans in our room were empty, we are ALERGIC to cigarette smoke! The trash cans were not used at all while we were there and they have obviously made a mistake on the room in which they found this. The manager did offer to half the charge with me, REALLY? If you were so certain you are right then have the backbone to stand your ground! But, I know they made a mistake and charged the wrong person and now they don't know what to do. Now, remember when I said he told me that "housekeeping" reported the evidence, well now he wants to tell me that HE went to the room and verified it. REALLY, if you had done that you would've said that at the beginning, LIE! He also wants to tell me that it isn't possible for them to have made a mistake, WOW, REALLY, I make them all of the time, must really be nice being you, Henry! The housekeepers were in the room just a few minutes before we left because we needed a couple of extra towels. Funny they didn't find any evidence then. They have clearly made a mistake on the room number in which this was done, it was not our room I can assure you of that. I have stayed in Holiday Inn properties 20+ nights so far this year and over 30 nights at Marriott properties, I don't have this kind of problem anywhere. I have contacted IHG Rewards as well as my bank to dispute the charges, but that takes a few days and I am furious at the arrogance of the manager to say that they could not have made a mistake when they most certainly have. I would advise you to stay anywhere but here or at the very least be most certain that you photograph the trash cans yourself before you leave the room, they might just try to charge you for something you didn't do!

Room Tip: Stay in the Franklin area if possible, the drive to town can be bad at certain times but well worth...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Greetings. We are aware of your concerns regarding the smoking fee. Our entire hotel is non-smoking, so we do take great steps to ensure our rooms remain smoke free. We do have documentation, and as Henry informed you, we would be very happy to share the pictures of the Virginia Slims cigarette pack with you. We appreciate your feedback, but we will continue to ensure that our hotel maintains smoke free rooms.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here with my family during CMA Fest 2014. We had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the hotel. The rooms were large and had everything we needed for our 5 night stay. All the staff we encountered were wonderful, very friendly and welcoming. I especially wanted to thank Henry Sams who I reached out to prior to our arrival. A great hotel and I would not hesitate to recommend or stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to post your positive feedback ​ about your recent visit to our hotel. We​ are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope that when your plans bring you back to Nashville, you will give us ​the opportunity to welcome you back!
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed here a few nights in April. As I'm sensitive to noise, I asked for a quiet room.
The first room I got was next to the elevator with a constant noise. I asked to change it and got another one with a loud noise of the air conditioning system right below my room. the 3rd one was good. I tell this story in order to say a good thing about this hotel. Very often, the typical answer for this request is: "I'm sorry sir, we are fully booked for the moment, please come tomorrow morning and we'll see what we can do for you". I've heard it many time.
Unlike the above, the gentleman at the reception did a true effort to find me a proper room (which he did) and I could easily see that the hotel was really packed.
Another story: I found out to be charged an extra night by mistake. I made ONE phone call and the amount of money taken by mistake was back in my account within 2 days.
This tells me something. Mistakes can always take place. The thing is how much effort it takes to fix them.
The hotel is a normal Holiday Inn hotel, not a very new one but well kept and evidently with an excellent staff. Location is also good + there is a shuttle bus running constantly to the very center of Nashville.
I enjoyed my stay and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your compliments in regard to our location and staff. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again very soon to the ​Holiday Inn Nashville Vanderbilt.
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Big plusses for this property are free parking, the shuttle to downtown, and the many restaurants of all price ranges and stores (including groceries and wine) within very easy walking distance. Front desk was also very helpful - they offered a free pass to the Parthenon when I asked for directions. Our room was clean, quiet, and well appointed, as expected, and there are three elevators for speedy service up to the rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We spent two nights at the Nashville West End Holiday Inn May 22-23 2014. Our room was clean, quiet and well appointed. There was a coffee pot (pull out tray type), small fridge and microwave, as well as a hair dryer. Bed was comfortable King size with extra pillows.
The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating, with fast service. Parking in the Holiday Inn lot was spacious & FREE!
One of the highlights for us was the free shuttle service from the front desk to the main drag of restaurants, bars & attractions that ran every 20 minutes. The shuttle service ran until 10:30 p.m. during the week & 11:30 on Fri. & Sat. If you wanted to stay out later, the hotel is a quick cab ride home.
Would stay again next time I'm in Nashville!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I've stayed in this hotel five times over the years, the most recent being May 2014. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are nice with frigs, microwaves, coffee pots, and the usual amenities. The coffeepots are those with the plastic slide in trays. The beds are comfortable. I've usually stayed in the king size bedrooms which are very nice. Views from the front rooms look out on the park with the Parthenon. The restaurant has a good breakfast with both hot and cold lines, only a buffet on the weekends.

Room Tip: King rooms on the front end of the hotel are best. They include a couch and desk.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)? Share your experiences!