“Great Location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)

You added Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2613 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #41 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Martinsburg, West Virginia, USA
“Great Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed here while in town for a class at Vanderbilt University (right across the street). Check in was pretty easy, though there was a little hang-up with my agency prepaying for the room and me not having the credit card, but the manager was very friendly and willing to get things straightened out.

The room was very clean and comfortable. I was in a king sized bed room, it had a couch with a pull out, which was perfect because I couldn't change my room to two doubles since my friend was traveling with me. We had a balcony in the room with a view of the Parthenon and could see down the road, it was very nice!

The best thing about this hotel, for us, was the free shuttle service. Parking downtown can be a hassle (and expensive!) so being able to go downtown for free was awesome. The shuttle drivers were extremely nice. We had Larry for two nights, he was very knowledgeable and suggested things to do in the area. The shuttle will take you within a 3 mile radius, which includes the hospital. They do drop-offs downtown on the steps of the Ryman and do pick ups until 11pm (pick ups from downtown are at the same place as drop-off). The shuttle was had plenty of head room and could carry 11 people at once. I recommend taking the shuttle because you get to meet lots of great people that are staying in your hotel from all over the world!!

The hotel has a bar and dining area inside. At least Tuesday-Friday there is live music every night. There's also a small coffee bar open in the morning, I'd recommend the warm & fuzzy latte. It was definitely needed in order to get going in the mornings.

If I could afford to stay here on my own dime, I definitely would stay again, though we usually opt for a hotel out near the airport due to price difference.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience about the Holiday Inn Vanderbilt/West End.
We truly appreciate your positive feedback and glad to hear that our team left a positive impression.
We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Nashville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Phoenix, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Don't know where to begin....always liked this hotel....so convenient....always clean.....good music playing in the restaurant at night...the shuttle service that is offered....this last stay however, there was construction going on and it was right above us. We were not warned about this when we booked and were unpleasantly surprised when at 7:45 in the morning hammering and drilling began. I understand that construction to upkeep a hotel must take place, however beginning at this hour is not necessary. Apparently, a paper was handed out to some guests stating that construction would occur from 9-5 but not the case. I think that the hotel could have not placed guests in the room (s) directly near the construction taking place on that particular day. Please start construction later!!!

Room Tip: Construction will be going on for a year....ask for a room away from the work area!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for your review and your kind words about our music and shuttle service. We are nearly complete with our balcony restoration. We have asked that our construction staff only work between the hours of 9am-5pm for everyone's comfort. Please come see us again.
kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed during husband procedure at Vanderbilt. Nice rooms, comfortable, clean. Hotel has music at night but I would not recommend mixed frozen drinks. Service in grill was not that good But room was very nice, quiet and we will stay again with hospital rate. News paper and bill was delivered promptly.

Room Tip: Good view of park ... Ask for room 8th floor or above.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing the details of your recent stay with us.. Your comments will be shared with our management team in an effort to make our hotel better for our guests. Thank you again for sharing; we would love to have you as our guest again the next time you are in the Nashville area.
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed here when I had to attend a council meeting for my company. We decided to stay an extra night to enjoy the area and we were not disappointed.

The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean, they had HBO and WIFI available for free, and you were given a USA today at your door first thing in the morning. The shuttle to downtown was very convenient and we didn't have to wait long for it to arrive. The staff were friendly and accommodating.

The downsides were that there is little noise reduction between the rooms and the hallway. We were in a room beside the elevators and, although it was convenient, it was very easy to hear anyone who was getting off or on the elevators. The bathroom did not have a fan and there was not anything to buffer the noise in the bathroom, which is fine for a married couple or a close family but travelers that may not know one another well may be uncomfortable. There were also noises coming from our refrigerator and air conditioner which did wake me up a few times. Our room also had caution tape over the door to the balcony which was kind of tacky but they stated that they were doing renovations, which was evident by the loud drilling noises during the day.

With that being said, these things did not bother me enough to take away a star because overall, the hotel was very accommodating and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. Your comments are used as a tool to improve our service and to create a better experience for future guests. I also appreciate your sharing your concerns regarding the balcony repairs. The repairs are running ahead of schedule, and we hope to have them completed soon. Again, thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experience. I hope we have the honor of having you as our guest again in the future.
Hamilton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Great location, close to all the bars and restaurants . Hotel runs a free shuttle downtown. Check in friendly and very efficient Alison on the front desk was very helpful and extremely pleasant. Comfortable bed, plenty towels and coffee facilities, fridge and microwave. I would definitely stay here when I next visit Nashville

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, April 23, 2014
We thank you very much for your kind words. We will definately recognize Alison for your comments. We look forward to serving you again. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn West End Vanderbilt.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I would say this place is fine. Nothing really stands out as positive or negative. The staff is very nice and accommodating. I had to change my room, since my first room was practically in the elevator shaft. They accommodated me no problem. The breakfast is ok, but nothing special. The one great thing about this place is the live music every night. The bar serves beer cheap and the music was actually pretty good. Dont worry about hearing the music in your room. The bands play in a room with sound dampening doors. The rooms are fine. The beds are a little firm. Overall I would say this is an average place stay. There are certainly nicer places to stay, but the price was fair.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator, or you will be kept awake all night.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for choosing The Holiday inn Nashville Vanderbilt as your host during your recent visit and for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Was recommended this location, but wouldn't stay here again.
We chose not to rent a car because the hotel provides free shuttles to anywhere within a 3-mile radius. However, we found the shuttle not available much of the time; wasn't convenient, so ended up taking cabs much of the time.

Pros: free wifi, free parking, clean, Commodore Grill listening room. Convenient if you're visiting Vanderbilt.
Cons: not walkable to attractions, except Parthenon, too far away from downtown nightlife and great restaurants. Only an outdoor pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out on the Parthenon/Centennial Park.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to detail your recent experience with us and I apologize that our property fell short of your expectations during this visit. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you in the future, at the Holiday Inn Nashville Vanderbilt.

Been to Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)? Share your experiences!