“FIRST TIME IN NASHVILLE” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)

You added Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2613 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #42 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Derbyshire,
“FIRST TIME IN NASHVILLE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hotel was in a very good position. Desk staff were fine and contrary to other reviews we found the shuttle extremely reliable and a real bonus.

There is live music in the bar every night. Some 'Open Mic' nights some jam nights always entertaining. My only criticism that the bar closes at midnight, even to residents - And didn't appear to open until early evening.

The hotel has Cruiser bikes for rent. I recommend hiring one and taking a trip around Centennial Park opposite the hotel and see The Parthenon, yes really!

Room Tip: Pick a high floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you very much for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay, including the Commodore Grille & our bike rental. Centennial Park, directly across the street, is a perfect place for a bike ride. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you in Nashville again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Howell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I have visited Nashville for the first time in March of 2013. I found this hotel from trip advisor. I made reservations because it was affordable. When we arrived to the hotel I couldn't believe it. This is such a nice hotel and I highly recommend it. Breakfast is included in the package every morning. There is a coffee bar that I wish i would of tried but because there is a Starbucks around the corner I had to pass up the coffee bar. The hotel is very clean. I made reservations for king size bed room. The room was very clean. I was suprised with the bathroom. Was not expecting a nice shower! There is an extra room for all guest to use that has a computer, printer, TV, coffee machine, and so on. Like i said, I highly reccomend this Hotel and very pleased with our start. Defiantly will stay here again when we return to Nashville someday!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comment.s. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I know you would have enjoyed Brew, our coffee bar, which is open from 6am to 10am in the morning. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I loved this hotel......The location was ideal and the rooms/staff where great. Everyone was friendly and we added an extra night onto our trip with no complications. I have to say also the bus drivers/shuttle bus where really what made this hotel an excellent choice. The shuttle bus took us to and from downtown (which is a 5 minute ride). We where able to enjoy our time downtown without worrying about driving home after a fun evening of drinking. We didn't have to stress about finding a parking spot or paying for parking. The only think negative I can say is the breakfast was not appealing. We did not eat there due to the cost and what they had to offer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here 12 days on business.

Pros: Proximity to Vanderbilt (I looked out to the football stadium from my balcony), good breakfast, restaurant/bar in hotel where you can catch live music, free parking, nice sized pool,& free hotel shuttle to downtown. Front desk staff was very pleasant, but the best personalities were the shuttle drivers, they had to deal with the party people going downtown and back.

Cons: Can be rather noisy due to the popularity of this hotel for wedding and bachelorette partie (there were at least 4 while I was there). Additionally the CMA Music festival was going on the first weekend I was there, so most every hotel was full. I had a leaky bathtub faucet and reported it the first day as well as 2 or 3 other times, someone came up to my room and said it would be fixed by maintenance the next day. It never did get fixed. There are worse things but I had to keep the bathroom door shut and the air conditioning or fan on to drown out the noise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We certainly take all feedback seriously and I have shared your comments with our Director of Engineering. We hope to see you again.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel itself is fine. There was nothing wrong with my room or the service that I received while staying here.
My problem is I was charged twice for staying her and Holiday Inn has thrown their hands up in the air and won't remedy the problem.
I booked my room using my Chase credit card miles and paid the difference that the miles didn't cover of $135.00. Basically I used 30,000 of my hard earned credit card miles and paid an extra $135.00 for three nights in this hotel.
Upon checking out, they first tried to double charge me to which I replied that I had already pid with miles. The front desk clerk seemed confused, but she sent me on my way with signing a receipt that said I owed $0. I NEVER signed a receipt stating that Holiday Inn Nashville Downtown was allowed to charge me for $300.
Lo and behold, I get home and there's a $300 room charge on my Credit Card. I called the national accounting for Holiday Inn and they said that they have no record of the room being paid for in miles and they will not refund my money.
I'm currently filing a dispute with my credit card company to remove these charges.
This is ridiculous and unprofessional and Holiday Inn needs to update their billing policies so that this does not happen to customers.
BEWARE if you are trying to do any kind of "modern transaction" that involves paying with miles or something other than their accounting is used to.
Incredibly disappointed and out of $300.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I have been speaking with our Front Office Manager, Henry Sams, and we have no record of your conversation with our front desk staff. Please contact Henry at henry.sams@ihg.com or 615-456-1349. He is more than willing to assist with this matter, but we need more information from you. thanks
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Was looking forward to it. But slightly disappointed. Rooms are humid. Our carpets were borderline wet. Good for just crashing after all night partying.

Shuttle is slow. If they give you timeframe, easily add 5-10 minutes late, maybe more.

• Stayed July 2013
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to stay at our hotel
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great live music food drinks close to everything and a clean friendly place to be in town.Highly recommend. In a town with so much music you wont find much better than the restaurant inside the Holiday Inn vandy live music that is performed by the writers that wrote it. So it's original songs. Most of these writers have big songs on the radio or tv and are always glad to talk with others about the music industry.

Room Tip: Get in the Commodore Grille Early for a seat, this place fills up pretty quick on most nights.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am delighted to read that you have mentioned our prompt check in.. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering great service and are happy doing so. I'm sorry you had difficulties with the air conditioner. I have taken note and will share this with our Engineering Department. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)? Share your experiences!