“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2613 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #34 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Ohio
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We are a family of 5 and needed a place to stay for a tour of Belmont. It was hard to find hotels that would accommodate us but Holiday Inn was available and we had a great price courtesy of Belmont. The room was small especially with a rollaway. We found the beds to be very hard. The room was clean, hotel was clean. The pool was nice but not heated. We had dinner at the Commodore Grill. We discovered AFTER dinner that there was a kids menu. Our server was not the best. Breakfast at the Commodore was pricey. Shuttle to Belmont was great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We visited Nashville June 4 through the 10th 2013. We attended the CMA Festival. We arrived at the hotel early Tuesday morning and our room was available. The room was very clean. Bedding was fresh and comfy looking. Bathroom has been renovated. Flat screen TV. Staff was super friendly and welcoming. They offer a shuttle to downtown, which worked well. One day we took a cab because it was taking too long but for the most part it was helpful. One night when we returned late our key did not work but they very quickly fixed the problem and apologized. I have no complaints. We had a great time and was very happy to come back to a cozy bed each night after our long day!
Someone commented that this hotel has very thin walls and they could hear everything in the adjoining rooms. I never heard anything.

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed here for the CMA musicfest. The restaurant was nice for breakfast, although it was too bad we didn't know about breakfast coupons. It's too bad they are not open for lunch or supper. One day we arrived to our room to find the door not completely closed. That was scary. Thankfully no one appeared to have entered the room other than the cleaning staff.

The rooms were nice and the staff very friendly. I might certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed and this property for a travel baseball tournament and loved the location, right next door to Vanderbilt football, basketball and baseball stadium! The NCAA baseball tournament was taking place at Vanderbilt so the hotel was quite busy with high school and college teams. Staff did a great job handling everyone including the breakfast staff. Room was a typical room with fridge and microwave. The bathroom was a bit tight but had 3X the counter space than what we had at Courtyard the night before. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Liquor store, drug store and grocery store within walking distance as well. If you stay here make sure you check out Bellagio Pizza & Subs right around the corner....sooo good!

Room Tip: If you want a view of the stadium ask for a high floor in back.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
worcestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel, I was a little disappointed that it was out of town (probably should have checked when I booked), but in fact it was not a problem at all. The staff were very welcoming and very friendly. The shuttle service into town was great, they took us in whenever we wanted to go and gave us a number to call when we wanted to be collected. I think it ran until 11.30 at night but we never lasted that long. We tended to go in early and come home early. Breakfast was ok though a little confusing. On the second day I asked if I could have an orange juice and was told you could only have orange or coffee so the second day I ordered orange as we had coffee in our room and was asked if I wanted another drink to go with it. I minor irritation though. We had an executive room which was great. The coffee and tea were replenished and you could ask for water and soft drinks for your fridge. Along the landing there is also a lounge which has cookies, more tea and coffee and cakes which you could help yourself to if you had an executive room. Worth the little extra to me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Walls are very thin, and hotel security refused to show ID as requested before we would open the door to our room after midnight.

I noticed we could hear the conversation of one of our neighbors word-for-word. Admittedly it was a lively conversation, but it's a bit much to be able to hear someone's entire conversation.

About 10 minutes later, someone knocked on my door. It was quite late at night, so I was hesitant to open the door. I asked who it was, and the reply was that it was hotel security, and there was a noise complaint.

Okay, I thought it might have really been meant for the chatty neighbor, but I also thought if I could hear her, someone else could possibly have heard my travel mates and I talking. So, I requested the person produce identification to show me through the security chain (or whatever they are nowadays). This person refused. The request was made a second time. I was told (aggressively) we could see the uniform, so no ID was necessary.

Now, let's examine that for a second. A hotel uniform is enough? Con artists and criminals impersonate police officers, military personnel, electric company employees, etc., to gain entry to victims homes. I've received notices with my electric bill that I should never open the door for someone in an electric company uniform without first calling the utility to confirm they sent someone. And I'm supposed to trust someone because they're wearing nice khakis and a pressed white shirt? Who has already taken issue with a guest's entirely reasonable request for identification? Are you kidding me?

I declined to open my door to this person.

That was over two months ago, and I still haven't talked to the general manager of this hotel (Thom Druffel), despite my reaching out to him at least seven times. I can only conclude Thom Druffel doesn't see his staff refusing to show identification as a problem worthy of his attention.

Interactions with staff were a mixed bag. Some were really great (restaurant staff, front desk at check out). Others were disappointing - the front desk staffer who ignored us to chat and chat and chat about how she loves her Queen sized mattress; the front staffer who when I noted it was strange for a hotel to not have a bottle opener at the front desk for guests to open a bottle of wine in their room yelled "we don't have bottle openers for every room"

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thom Druffel has attempted to contact you several times in regard to your concerns. You have his cell phone number. Please feel free to call him.. Thank you.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed here recently with a group of friends. The hotel staff was very accommodating and helpful in answering questions about the area. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and also a grocery and liquor store across the street.

The pool area was very clean and well maintained.

The room was clean, comfortable and large enough to accommodate 4 girls and their luggage.

I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel on my next trip to Nashville.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)? Share your experiences!