“Nice hotel near the Vanderbilt campus” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2613 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #38 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice hotel near the Vanderbilt campus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Take home points:
1. Good hotel, typical Holiday Inn
2. Basic workout facility with decent quality cardio equipment
3. On-site dining is average with good live entertainment
4. Would return or recommend to a friend

Stayed one night prior to an interview. Parking in front and rear of facility, seemed adequate overall. Front staff was friendly, and I waited about 10 minutes to check-in due to one person ahead of me. Room was on the 11th floor and was single king, clean and adequate for all my needs. WiFi worked well and no problems with bandwidth for standard surfing/emailing. Dinner in on-site restaurant was average and had live entertainment, though I did sit on the patio for about 15 minutes without service before I went inside. Iron worked well and water pressure for shower was good. Workout facility was small, but typical and the equipment was better quality than I was expecting. Checked out using express check out, which required you to sign the charges sheet and leave key in the room, which was nice when needing to keep a schedule. Would return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Lehigh Valley, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

When I went down to the lobby this morning at 6:45 to get a cup of coffee, I was told by the desk clerk that complimentary coffee was available from 4:00 to 6:00! (When I told him that the Guest services directory says 6:00 am to 9:00am, he told me I could have coffee, but I would have to pay. We paid $185.75 to stay here for one night, and they can't give me a cup of coffee! Outrageous.
Other than that the hotel is nice but this experience reminded me why I stopped staying at Holiday Inns.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel if you want hospitality. Back of the hotel is quieter if you decide to stay any...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to improve the quality of our product and service that we offer. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to change your perception of our hotel.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I cant believe the rate I paid for this small room, almost $300 for a double room with full size beds..... I was told that we were getting queen beds and the rooms would sleep six... how then do we have people sleeping on the floor? When I voiced my concern to the manager she told me I could pay for a rollaway... talk about your customer service. This is not downtown, so not near any nightlife, there was hair all over our comforter, I was told that my concerns about the room size had to be taken up with the people I booked with through expedia, well there was no help there....I keep getting the response, there is nothing we can do, im encouraging all of our party to give you all the rating you derserve, 1's. Ive never in my life been so disappointed in a hotel in my life.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for you review. We are currently researching your comment in regard to Expedia. Our rooms are not designed to accommodate 6 people, so we will correct that information on the Expedia site. Your additional concerns have been shared with the various departments in our hotel, and will be addressed.
portsmouth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Distinctly average. Seamless check-in, spotlessly clean, rooms were average. Hotel staff were polite. Music every night produced by wannabe songwriters, which has nothing to do with country music and the majority of which we found to be quite dreadful.

There is a free shuttle which will take you within 3 mile of the hotel and one driver in particular was so awful we complained to reception about him. Very expectant of, but not deserving of a tip. Hopefully he will be dismissed.
This hotel was the most over priced we stayed at on our road trip and will endeavour never to stay at a holiday inn in USA again. You are nowhere near Nashville downtown, so stop charging as if you were!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NKeiser, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown), responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments, good or bad, are a great tool to see where we are succeeding or where improvements need to be made. We have shared your feedback with our Executive Team. We would look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were able to walk to restaurants and events. The walk to the entertainment district on Broadway was long but very doable for 2 60ish people! The weather was nice and we enjoyed the exercise. Across the street from a lovely park. Just behind the football stadium for those who want to attend games. Limited parking. Shuttle available if you do not want to walk to Broadway.

Room Tip: Standard Holiday Inn rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
thank you for your comments. We do have a shuttle that is available to take you downtown,in case you don't want to walk. We hope you will be able to stay with us again soon.
Campbell, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I rate this hotel 4 hours; my wife rates it 3 stars. We stayed at the end of April/ beginning of May.

PROS:
-Good value overall, although Saturdays can be expensive
-Very good location. Hotel is close to freeways, downtown, other attractions and neighborhoods
-Shuttle bus is handy, although its last pickup from downtown is 10:30pm, which is too early
-Free laundry, a must-have convenience for a week's stay
-Parking is free and convenient (we've never had a problem finding a place to park)
-In-room fridge (although it didn't seem too get very cold)
-Front desk is usually helpful, friendly.

CON:
-Beds are not very comfortable, although this hotel at least offers different types of pillows. My wife's back hurt sleeping on her side of the bed the first night. She was OK after we switched sides.
-Hotel can be noisy in the morning (house-keeping?) Wear your earplugs if you stay out late at night. Hotel was quite at all other times.
-Room is surprisingly small. We stayed in a King plus room, but it is still small. Don't be fooled by the photo on TripAdvisor, with the sofas and coffee table. What room is that?
-Balcony is quite small (at least there is one, I suppose).
-No free breakfast (oh well, I suppose this might be asking for too much)

We'll be back to Nashville someday and will consider staying here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Banbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Late booking at reduced rate did not incl breakfast. One night stop so did not get to enjoy all the amenities. On arrival staff were very helpful and pleasant. Went to the room was good ize with comfortable seating area, paper cups for coffee not what I am use to, king size double bed with all the usual bits and pieces but the room was spotless and great to see a walk in shower why do more hotels not do this. Booked the free transfer to Broadway to see the attractions wait of about 10 mins to be collected and arrange a return(last collection 11pm) all free. On return had a great nights sleep in a very comfy bed and up bright and early to do the rest of the sight seeing. Had breakfast in the hotel for convenience at $11 ahead was surprised to find a very poor selection compared with other hotels I have stayed in but it was good and enjoyable. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Would be a bit of a hike into town would recommend speak to front desk to get the free transfer to b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Nashville-Vanderbilt (Downtown)? Share your experiences!