“Very nice, decent location, very clean, great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 10%
Ranked #13 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Chicago, Illinois
“Very nice, decent location, very clean, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have to say that I've been to many Hamptons, but this is by far my favorite location. You enter this hotel thinking that this can't be a Hampton. The lobby is beautiful, it makes you feel like you're walking into a very expensive hotel. The staff is just down home friendly. The hotel is in an ideal location located very close to Vandy, a few blocks from the park, and less than two miles from downtown 'Ville. I can honestly say that I had a great night's sleep at this hotel. I've never had that happen before. This hotel was the epitome of Hampton Inn greatness. If you ever need to stay at a Hampton in 'Ville, stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Josh G, Manager at Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

I have so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. This is the reason we do what we do. Our hotel just completed a complete renovation, and I am glad that you liked it. We love our staff, and I will be certain to share your high remarks with them. I hope that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle, as it only enhances our great location. Thank you again for your wonderful comments, and we can't wait for you to visit again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel is a tad nicer than most Hampton Inns, with a contemporary flair. It is very close to Vanderbilt if you are visiting there, but a bit too far to walk to the downtown attractions. The front desk is one of the friendliest we have found, with freshly made popcorn in the evening. The parking lot is tight, but we were happy not to be forced to valet and had no trouble finding a spot to park.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comments about our front desk team. I will be certain to pass this along to them. We think our location is great, and for those who don't want to walk to the downtown attractions, we do offer a complimentary shuttle. I hope that you were able to take advantage of that. We pride ourselves on our service, and we are proud to be one of the few hotels in the Vanderbilt/Downtown area that offer complimentary overnight parking. We look forward to having you back the next time you are in town.
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on 30 September 2012 because we had an early morning appointment at Vanderbilt Medical Clinic on Monday and it is very close to Vanderbilt and there were places to eat within walking distance of the hotel. Our room was very clean and quiet.The only negative was the TV channel line up. A lot of the channels were not clear at all but since we were only there for one night that was only a small inconvenience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us during your time in Nashville. I am pleased that we were able to offer you a comfortable and enjoyable stay - even though you were here for medical purposes. I hope that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary hotel shuttle. We believe that we are in a great location - close to Vanderbilt, downtown and a number of great restaurants. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The internet connection is slow to the point of being non-functional. If you have work to do and need an internet connection, you are SOL at this hotel. It should be illegal to call this high speed. I tested it, and was getting a pathetic 0.46 Mbps download speed. High speed? Not even close. For such a pricey hotel, this is a severe disappointment. It's not 1997 anymore, and a true high speed connection is a must for a hotel in this price range. I'd rather be charged $10 and actually get a decent connection.

Their room key system was also messed up. None of the rooms would open with keys, nor would any of the side exterior doors. Guests were required to have a hotel employee escort them to the room in order to gain access. The staff seemed to really be trying, but I will be finding a different place to stay the next time I have to travel to Nashville.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Josh G, Manager at Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay with us during your most recent trip to Nashville. Our key issue has been resolved, and I appreciate your understanding. In regards to the high speed internet trouble, we are scheduled for an increase in bandwith. I hope that the next time you are in Nashville, you give us another chance to showcase our improved service.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed here a few nights in Sept 2012 after my mom had surgery at Vanderbilt. We had stayed at a cheaper hotel the first night, but wanted a dependable chain for our second and third nights. The Hampton fit the bill perfectly, as it was very close to the hospital.

The check-in is quick and efficient, and the front desk staff very nice. The room is exactly what you expect from Hampton-clean and comfortable.

Breakfast was great, huge selection.

Only $20 more than the "cheap selection" and totally worth it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Josh G, Manager at Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We strive to provide excellent service in a clean and comfortable environment. I am pleased to see that we delivered on that during your stay. Traveling for surgery can be a difficult thing, and I am happy that you chose to stay with us, and that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. If you should ever return to Nashville, we would love to have you back as our guest.
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

C and I decided to hit the highway for an overnighter.......destination choice was a flip of the coin.........heads we went to Memphis......tails we went to Nashville! Tails it was...........we pulled in to the Hampton Inn on West End, we wanted to be fairly close to the Antique Archaeology shop on Clinton St and this Hampton Inn location was perfect. We didnt arrive til after 8pm, we were greeted by GREAT staff.......helped us with walking directions to nearby eateries and such. Very nice and friendly, excellent customer service......she told us all about their recent renovation and made sure we knew about their morning hot breakfast. Room was good, clean, and not a bad view from our window. Now, on the down side..........we always stay at Hampton Inn's......we find them to be of good quaility with VERY comfortable bedding! Welllllllll..........I have no idea what type bed we slept on...........but it was NOT their typical soft, billowy, cloud 9 bed? The mattress felt old and worn out.........hard as a brick............we both left with our backs killing us? Only reason I can't give them our usual 5 star rating............hot breakfast was delish! We would go back ...........but.............I would make sure the mattress is new and up to the normal standards for a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville,TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I travel to Nashville 5-6 times a year on business always staying at this Hampton or the one on Elliston Place. Both are an easy drive into downtown. This location is closer to tp restraunts and things to do. The breakfast food is better here but I find there to be more street noise. I've never had a bad experience here and will continue to use the property for my trips

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!