“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Poquoson, VA
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were in Nashville for a MINI Cooper event. The event hotel was a block away and almost double the price. Very glad I stayed here! Nice, clean place. A bit of street noise, but you can't blame that on the hotel. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we were able to accommodate you for the MINI Cooper event. We believe that our location, price and complimentary amenities - shuttle, breakfast, parking - make us an ideal Nashville destination. We would love to have you stay with us again the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our room was hot! When we asked for another room, we were shown another hot room that smelt like cigarrette smoke. We opted to stay in our original room, and told the lady at the front desk about the cigarrette smell. She argued that they are a smoke free hotel. We told her to check that room.
The king room needed a more comfortable chair-like most Hamptons have.
The breakfast choices were very limited- so we went to McDonalds for a biscuit.
We were not acknowledged as Hilton Honors members: no water, no welcome note
This Hampton used to have fresh baked cookies for guests- but they no longer offer those. We did not find friendly personnel. We won't stay there again!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the lobby level, because that elevator takes forever!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am disappointed to hear about your unpleasant stay with us at the Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt. We strive to ensure that our guests have an enjoyable and relaxing stay. Unfortunately, we failed to deliver on that expectation. Thank you for your comments regarding the service and quality of the room. We are in the process of replacing and repairing our air conditioning units, and I regret that we did not relocate you to a room that was more comfortable. Your comments well not go unnoticed, and we will work to provide better guest experiences in the future. I ask that if you are in Nashville again, you give us another opportunity to showcase our updated rooms and extraordinary service.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here. Its not downtown but there are loads of places nearby to eat and drink.

There is a free shuttle bus to downtown, if not a taxi is $6 or the bus $1.70 and there is a stop right outside the hotel.

The free breakfast and morning paper was good. The free wifi works thoughout the hotel and pool area.

We are planing to return to Nashville soon, when we do it's likely we will come back here.

Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle service. We have recently expanded the service to include the evenings, and we have received excellent response from our guests. We would love to have you back the next time you are in Nashville. Thank you for making Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt your home away from home during your time in Nashville.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My first stay at this hotel was for a personal trip and was not pleasant due to malfunctioning heater that would not cut off. However, I had to return to this hotel for work -- work booked the hotel and paid for it. I have stayed here about four more times and have been pleased. They recently did some remodeling and one of my stays for work was during that. Their changes are nice and the hotel inside is really nice, too. The parking lot is cramped. There is some covered parking, though. The exercise room is minimal and is on the ground floor. Breakfast area is on the ground floor. Front entrance and lobby are on first floor. Most Hamptons have breakfast near the front desk area but this one is on a different floor. The rooms I've had lately have been very comfortable, well cleaned, and the staff pleasant. The breakfast is really nice with a good variety of options. Their oatmeal is even good! This is in the downtown area and you hear ambulances every now and then headed to the nearby hospital. It is right across the street from a good Italian place Amerigo's and also a brewery/pub restaurant. There are a number of eating places within a short drive. If I needed to be in this area again for a personal trip, I'd choose the other Hampton Inn down the road because I like that one better-- that address is on Elliston Place and is only about a mile further down the road and is near more eating places. This hotel on West
End has more of a business feel but it is good, though.

Room Tip: Front of hotel is on first floor. The land slopes so there is a lower floor. The exercise room and b...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We greatly appreciate the stamp of approval, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast. You are absolutely correct that most Hampton Inns have the breakfast near the Front Desk. After our remodel, which was finished in January of this year, the ground floor offered more space for our guests to enjoy breakfast. We are currently in the planning stage of a parking lot restructure. Some spaces are small, so we are determining the best way to maximize our space. When you return to Nashville, I do hope that you consider staying with us again. I am not sure if you took advantage of it, but we have a complimentary shuttle that runs from 7am to 11pm Monday through Friday.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights.
Check-in was frustrating. They had my reservation but when they gave me the room, neglected to tell me it was on the ground floor....when I lugged my suitcases up and down the halls searching for the room, the numbers only went to 139 while my room was clearly written down as 143. I returned to the front desk. The woman receptionist was very cold and told me the room was one level below-- room G143. No apology. No offer to help me with my bags.
Once I found the room, things went more smoothly.
The hotel location is indeed fabulous--very close to many of the tourist sites (Parthenon, Music Row, Belmont Mansion) and great restaurants.
The breakfast bar was ok.
The room was comfortable.
The real bright spot was Craig the shuttle driver. He was awesome!! Gave me great ideas on where to visit and shuttled me, for free, within a two mile radius. He dropped me at Music Row one night and when I called to return at 10:30 he arrived within minutes and safely dropped me off at the hotel. Craig is fabulous.

Room Tip: The ground floor is great, cool and fairly quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for candid comments regarding your recent stay with us. I want to offer my personal apologies for the service issue you experienced. I want to assure you that I will address this issue with the team Thank you also for your comments about Craig. He has been a terrific addition to the team, and his knowledge of the area is a great benefit to our guests. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Vanderbilt during your time in Nashville, and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Lutz, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This Hampton Inn is across the street from the Cathedral, a block from Vanderbilt, .6 miles from Centennial park and the Parthenon, 3 - 4 blocks from several great restaurants (South Street, Amerigos and more) and 10 min to drive and park downtown. Plus it looks and smells new, terrific and varied hot breakfast, popcorn afternoons (weekdays), coffee/tea always and the staff are friendly and on top of it all. Oh yes and my daughter loved the free internet.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!