“Awesome Time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Brooklyn, New York
“Awesome Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed 7 nights at the Hampton during the CMA Festival 2012 and had an awesome time. The room was brand new, nicely decorated. Bed was comfy, front desk was awesome... I would've liked to have had a personal microwave but one is provided in the lobby for guests to use. They provide coffee / tea 24/7 in the lobby, which was quite good, since I am a coffee snob..lol. Lobby is warm and inviting, brand new nicely decorated. Great overall atmosphere.

This is a nonsmoking hotel and we smoke, at first I looked at this as an inconvenience but to my surprise it allowed us to make new friends (since we spent a considerable amount of time smoking by the pool) The pool area looked small at first glance but it did accommodate more than I imagined. Everyone was super friendly, the hotel staff was awesome, from the front desk, to the kitchen staff to maintenance, to the ground keepers... every one had great attitudes always pitching in helping one another - I could definitely sense a "team" effort.

Business center is set up nicely, serves your basic needs. they offer free wi fi and free daily breakfast but its a step up from your traditional "continental breakfast" fare. They have a hot plate which offered 1 type of cooked eggs, 1 type of breakfast meat and 1 starch (potato / french toast sticks). They have an awesome staff, everyone of them had a smile on their face.

This is the 2nd festival we attended and we LOVE this location, there is a bus stop right outside the hotel if you choose to travel via public transportation ($1.70 and they take dollar bills). There is restaurants right across the street, Checkers, Taco Bell, Jack in the box, 2 Italian rest, and Blackstone brewery who serves up a good Ribeye...right around the corner you can find a pizzeria (and coming from NYC I must say the pizza was good, fresh) there is also a diner, which is very good as well... .within a 10- 15 min walk heading toward the Vanderbilt campus whether on Broadway or West End you will find 5 Guys, SATCO (San Antonio taco company) Wendy's, Subway, Panera Bread, Starbucks, CVS...there are local bars close by as well. I am sure there is much more we didnt discover.

The hotel offers a shuttle service M-F within a 1 mi radius. I learned this service had just been implemented a week or 2 prior to the festival, this is the only area I think they need to improve on, but I am sure they will once they work out the kinks.

I was upset that the shuttle service wasnt more organized to accommodate the festival goers, maybe extending their daily hours of operation as well as through weekend.

We used the service 2x while there. We mostly took a taxi and one time the city bus. Taxi cost is within reason, meter starts out with $3 + $1 for each additional passenger, due to the festival, there was a considerable amount of traffic and detours which I believed caused the taxi ride to cost a little more than it would normally, we spent $10 w/ tip from hotel to 5th and Broadway. but this wasnt a deal breaker... last year our avg taxi cost was $8 w/ tip... that's a $2 increase which is considerable within a years time... but it was what it was.

I want to address a remark I read about this place being a bit expensive, while this may be true for some, it comes down to personal preference. What you need vs. what you expect. As the old saying goes "you get what you pay for". I felt safe and comfortable, had peace of mind and to me that is worth a little extra... We stayed during one the biggest annual events held in Nashville and I have to say the price was EXCELLENT!! Trust me I did my research for 6 + mos, my efforts paid off. This is an ideal location for me being from NYC, I like having every convenience at my front door...

Bob, Hotel mgr was very helpful when we learned of a mix up with our departing flights and he allowed us a late check out and invited us to stay on the grounds and use of the bus ctr..etc.until we figured things out.. fortunate for us we didnt have to take him up on that offer.. THANKS BOB!!! a GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO ALL YOUR STAFF!.... Kevin, Matt, Cortez, Robert...it was our pleasure to have met you... I apologize for not remembering everyone's name... as it was a pleasure to have met you all, you ALL made a difference during our visit to Nashville....

Bottom line - We enjoyed our stay @ the Hampton Inn / West End and would def stay again and I am confident the hotel will master the shuttle service as they have already mastered all other areas of customer service....

Thank you very much for making us feel at home.
Joanne

Room Tip: we were on the 4th floor, elevator was kinda slow but not so terrible. If youre a light sleeper you...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We got a great price to stay at this hotel and we were shocked at how great it really was. Our rooms were big, the air conditioning worked great (very important for the summer in the south), the parking and internet are free, and finally the free breakfast was really good. There were lots of choices from hot waffles to cereal to fruit to bagels.... Very pleasantly surprised and highly recommend. Also it is centrally located near Vanderbilt, downtown, and the freeways.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Great location next to Vanderbilt and minutes away from Music Row. 51 restaurants in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
newark, de
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I left my makeup bag in the room and they held onto it. I called the next morning when I realized it was missing. They did not have it at the front desk but transferred me to the housekeeping manager's voice mail to leave him a message (it was a Sunday). Promptly Monday morning I recieved a call back and he told me that he had my bag. I was able to arrange to get it. I was so happy! The front desk personnel at checkin and checkout were very friendly and helpful. Both checkin and checkout was a breeze! I highly recommend this hotel and will be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ashland,al.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Nice Hampton but a bit expensive.Would like to see discount for retired Military.One is not offered.Room condition was very nice. Good location for Vandy or downtown visits. Breakfast area moved downstairs away from lobby area since last year and I must say this was a great decision as there is much more room and seating capacity.Food good with a good variety and the breakfast staff was fantastic.Very friendly & helpful.Overall a very good place to stay when in the Nashville area. Parking a little tight if traveling in a large car and a regular shuttle service to the downtown area would have been a nice touch

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stay at a lot of Hampton Inns, so was pretty disappointed with the staff here, they were not very friendly and didn't really offer their assistance. Rooms were fine, you can tell it is an older Hampton Inn, but they have been nicely updated. Location is great near Vandy, esp with the free parking.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Great amenities; pool was nice; fresh popcorn in the lobby (YUM); decent complimentary breakfast (waffle maker set up was not with rest of food, so look by the coffee pots in the lobby). We went downtown via taxi ($20 RT)to the honky tonks. This IS the way to do that since traffic is a major issue and parking is pricey and inconvenient. The front desk called for taxi and it was there within minutes. The next morning we strolled to Centennial Park, which is just a few blocks from the hotel. Beautiful park...check it out! There is a restauarant/pub(sorry, I can't remember the name) a block or so away that has been there for decades that everyone rants about. Ask atbout it at the front desk and check it out. Overall, we liked the hotel but had a small issue about the room rate. It was resolved immediately!! So if you book ahead, ask the rate for the night(s) when you get there. That saved us $30!! :)

Room Tip: We had a rooom by the elevator, but it was NOT an issue! We snoozed like babies!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!