“Matching quality-price and location” 3 of 5 stars

Guesthouse Inn & Suites at Vanderbilt
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1909 Hayes Street, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Ranked #102 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Flushing, New York
“Matching quality-price and location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The attendant at night in the lobby scared. Forget the internet access, does not exist in this hotel. Very important, take an early breakfast after, the cook will be cranky. This hotel has a very good location, you can walk to the restaurants in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The building is not the nicest thing I have ever seen, but the room was great! It was a good size and there was a small fridge and a microwave. The beds were firm and the linens nice. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast is decent - BUT it is not DIY for the waffles, so make sure you get there before they "close". Although we could not hear any noise from our neighbors, we could clearly hear people talking in the hall late one night. The location is good - within walking distance to some nice restaurants and, of course, the Vanderbilt U area. There is no fitness center and the parking deck was a little inconvenient, but it was free!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The title says it all but to add to the description... Stains on the bed and floor. There are bugs. Very creepy parking garage. Staff doesn't know much of anything about the hotel including that there are two large industrial fans blowing all night on the 7th floor which made it impossible to sleep... Yes! They were that loud and staff would not accommodate. I'm wondering now if they were blowing because they had the hotel sprayed for bugs. I was very creeped out and could not sleep. First time I have EVER left a hotel before my scheduled checkout. I would've stayed here 4 nights.

Stayed July 2014
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Got here late at night, still greeted by the friendly receptionist, got us checked-in in a jiffy and got our keys in less than 5minutes !
The room was nice and clean, the bathroom as well.
Breakfast was great, they had a small kitchen area where a cook can prepare omelettes for guests as well. Lots of selections too, and the place was clean.
Internet, though, was very slow and unable to stream videos without the connection choking or hanging while playing.
The church of the Incarnation is close by for Catholics who need to attend Mass.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband & I, along with my brother rented a 2-room suite on June 11-13. We were impressed with the quality, cleanliness, and comfort at a more reasonable price than surrounding motels. This was not a pleasure trip, as we were visiting our younger brother the hospital. All we needed was a couple of good night’s sleep and breakfast. I always pull out the Clorox wipes at every motel and wipe down all touch surfaces before we unpack. My brother thought I was crazy, but learning from experience, we did not want to catch a cold virus or stomach bug. I must say that there was absolutely not one speck of dirt anywhere in the suite! I am extremely sensitive to smells and this room was odor free. Even the a/c in each room was odor free.
As is also my travel routine, I brought along sheets to place on top of the bed and sofa for obvious reasons. However, everything in the room looked brand new and I never got the sheets out. The king bed had a washable white cover and perfectly clean. We did use a foam mattress topper that we brought along, to make the (full-size) pull-out sofa more comfortable for my brother. He said he slept very well.
My review is detailed because it was difficult to find a photo of the 2-room suite on the internet. The bathroom was to the left just inside the door. The living room area had a pull-out sofa, flat screen TV & chest w/drawers, & desk. Also the sink, cabinet top with coffee maker, micro and frig were in this room.
Our room had a very comfortable king bed, chair, chest w/drawers and flat screen TV, and small closet. There was a phone in both rooms. Free WIFI worked great.
I was told when I called that there was no door between the rooms, however there was! It was a thick door, just like the main door to the room. The a/c in each room were great, they did not rattle but were just perfect for blocking noise. Our room (309) was next to the elevator and we could not hear a thing with our a/c going.
Breakfast was omelets and waffles cooked to order, along with muffins, boiled eggs, cereal. Don’t expect a cheerful atmosphere. Poor chef has to be up before the sun! They really need to change b’fast to 7-10am instead of ending at 9am. However the front desk staff was very helpful with suggesting restaurants in the area.
Elliston Place Soda Shop had a great b’fast, lunch & dinner menu. (The peanut butter shake was to die for.) The next day at Rotier’s I had meatloaf, spinach, mashed potatoes. Great little hole in the wall place.
Tip – bring an extra long extension cord for CPAP. Also a tip for the motel: Maybe a shelf under the bathroom sink would be handy for toiletries. We put our toiletry cases on the floor, but the floor was spotlessly clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

for a location close to Vanderbilt and everything in the west end of Nashville has to offer, you can simply can't get a room at this price.breakfast included, wifi, parking garage....definitely recommend it

• Stayed May 2014
McKinney, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I sensed most people were staying here due to proximity to a hospital. It was not a good match for me because, as a business traveler, I needed reliable internet service and other services in which this hotel was lacking. The desk people were not friendly except for one lady. The van drivers were helpful and shared useful info about the city. They could teach some of the other staff about courtesy to customers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Guesthouse Inn & Suites at Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!