“TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
New
“TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I checked into this hotel on Friday, March 16th. Upon going up to my room, I was shocked and annoyed to see that all the rooms around my room were going through renovation. The halls smelt of paint, there was dust everywhere, there was a nasty musty smell in the air, it was appalling. I went into my room and the room just felt disgusting. The air was musty, the smell of chemicals from the construction across the hall was coming through, and everything in the room looked out dated and dusty. I had an allergic reaction to the chemicals in the air and the dust, and within 45 minutes I went down to ask to check out and get a refund. The manager refused to refund me for my stay, even though I physically could not stay there due to my allergic reaction and there was no way I could sleep there. They also refused to give me proof of check out and of my exit of the hotel, which I found to be extremely odd as every hotel I have ever stayed at gives me a receipt of check out. I checked into the hotel across the street and paid MORE money to get a good nights sleep and sleep in a comfortable environment.

I contacted the corporate office later to submit my complaint and request a refund, and I was told I would be contacted back. I have (2 months later), still heard nothing. I do not know what type of operation is being run here but from my dealings with this management and their corporation, I will definitely NEVER EVER stay at one of their properties. I will also tell my colleagues, friends, and family members to stay away from all of their properties as well.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I was absolutely appalled with this hotel. I stayed for three days while my father was having bypass surgery. We chose it because it was in relative proximity to his hospital, and they offered a shuttle service back and forth.

Those were their only positive points.

In a matter of three days we encountered a total of six roaches in our room and bathroom. The service access door under the bathroom sink was broken and would not stay closed (a port to the pipes inside of the wall.) To top it all off, the lamp in between the two beds was a complete shock hazard, with the bulb socket completely loose and wires exposed.

I have been told that people pay an average of $120 to $140 for this hotel. I wouldn't pay $30 for this slum hole.

I HIGHLY advise avoiding this GuestHouse like the black plague.

• Stayed May 2012
GRAFTON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

No hot water - called desk - told to let it run - did so -still no hot water
blankets were torn and had holes in them
Told desk on chechout - response was we'll look into it
A/C either too hot or too cold

Room Tip: closer to elevator had no hot water problems in past
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Bristol, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

If you want a clean, comfortable hotel DON'T STAY HERE! The "free" breakfast was pitiful. First night morning we ate at the "free" breakfast there was hardly any choices.. there was hard biscuits and out of the can gravy, waffles from the "chef" which most hotels let you pour the batter in the iron and at least you got a waffle this hotel always had a waiting list for eggs and waffles. The next morning we went to McDonalds which was cleaner and better. I never got a hot or warm shower the 2 days there it was always cool to down right cold. YES I did let the water run to heat up and once it got a little warmer I stepped in the shower and had warm water for about 2 minutes. The hotel over all was so/so clean. The air conditioned when it came on blew directly across both beds the 2nd night we moved a chair in front of it so we could divert the air somewhat above the beds. Even with the Vanderbilt Hospital rate I would NEVER stay there again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Would not recommend anything except don't stay here .. keep on driving or stay at the Hampton In...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight (near my hospital). We were three hours past check out time due to my health treatments at the hospital. You so politely and generously waved the fee for being past check out time. We so appreciate your kindness and your intregity. We will continue to use your hotel as our choice of stay when we visit my hospital.

Thank you very much!
Gerald and Donna M.
Kentucky

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Pikeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

This was our first visit and were pleasantly happy with the hotel. The staff was friendly and breakfast was the best. The room was quiet, very clean, and comfortable beds. The lobby area is great for our veterans to sit and visit with each other.

Room Tip: I would think if you are there for more than one night one might prefer a suite but the room with qu...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

My dad and I stayed here for almost a week while my mother had surgery at Vanderbilt. Everyone has been super friendly, rooms are clean and adequate. We have had a little trouble with hot water in the mornings but found nice hot water in the evenings. Breakfast in the mornings are amazing. Chris the chef is super friendly and makes some huge omelets. The bisquits and gravy are to die for. And the best part is that the breakfast is all FREE. We used the shuttle service every morning and evening and the drivers were all wonderful. Would highly recommend this hotel for anyone with family at Vanderbilt.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Guesthouse Inn & Suites at Vanderbilt? Share your experiences!