“an opinion from someone who lives in a clean house” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #136 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Gainesville, Florida, United States
“an opinion from someone who lives in a clean house”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you have other options for a place to stay, don't stay here. We did survive but the place is dirty. It's what you might expect for $10 a night, but you'll be paying more than that. It's on a loud, busy road and it's right next door to some kind of low rent rapper nightclub (the Club Crotch?) which was overrun and overflowing with loud, drunk, and obnoxious idiots on the Thursday, Friday, AND Saturday nights that we were there. The best part was that many of those people also seemed to be spending the night at this hotel. We were expecting to be robbed or stabbed in the parking lot but somehow we escaped.

The manager or someone woke us up knocking on our door early the first morning, and then 30 minutes later when we got up and opened the door he just walked right in without saying a word while we still in the room to pick up our towels. It was just sort of weird.

Again, unless you enjoy that type of thing, find someplace else. Or sleep in your car in a better part of town.

Room Tip: another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mato65

Lenexa, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

After reading the reviews, I will admit I was a bit leary about staying here. I am glad I did. Cheap rates, wifi, fridge, and microwave plus a spacious clean room made for a great stay. Yes, the area is a bit rough but as a single female I had no problems. I stayed here for a week. The breakfast wasn't up to par and parking is limited. When I checked out, the guy seemed a little bit irritated that I needed a receipt but didn't give me any problems. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms book up early.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Just pull up a crime map for this part of the city and you'll get an idea of what you're dealing with. I managed to book this dump on priceline and when I saw what a horrible neighborhood it was in and saw reviews mentioning blood-stained sheets, bed bugs, criminals, etc I immediately booked somewhere else. The amount of money you save by staying at a place like this is not worth what it would cost to repair a broken car window, nor is it worth your personal safety.

Room Tip: Don't book a room here.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank JMS_Dallas

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We booked through Hotwire so I didn't know what hotel I was getting until after I paid and wouldn't have gone here since it's not the safest area. We got there and they charged us $7 more for a non-smoking room (which I know I requested) but paid it and went to the room and it stunk of stale smoke. We turned our key back in immediately and left and lost the money we paid for this room. I'd never recommend this dirty stinky hotel or hotwire.com since you can't get a refund if the hotel is bad.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel...dirty and smelly rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MAB200
Columbus Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

staff acted as if bothered by having to assist guests. think its a "family run" hotel as the check inn clerk was from india as was the lil elderly man that LIVED in the corner room and was also the NON ENGLISH SPEAKING housekeeper.on sun morning he was in parking lot wrapped in a towel waving incense and praying.no threat of danger but abit unusual. thought i had left something in my room and when i rang the hotel i was told i would have to ring in the am as the OTHER clerk is the only one the housekeeper under stood.GLAD I WASNT IN NEED OF EMERGENCY HELP. nothng to do around hotel but bus stop in basically in hotel parking lot, a plus for me. bkfast was toast a bag of donuts and coffee.run down but i was only there to shower and sleep. you get what you pay for. did have a mini fridge and microwave

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank MSRGREER
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Welcoming staff that makes service mean something in "customer service." Efficient and quick check-in, good facilities and clean room!

Room Tip: Nothing extravagent, but clean and no discrepancies with the facilities
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Nashville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

for the price, pound for pound, an excellent stay. i travel all over the tenn/ky area and i have for the last 7 yrs been staying here. i have traied other, but i always return to here. the rooms are clean, spacious, and affordable. it is close to downtown with a range of resturants nearby. when my coustomer have to come to nashville for training, i have repeatedly told them about rodeway.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business