“To avoid” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #141 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Modena, Italy
“To avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stayed here for one night with my boyfriend. We were coming from Crossville and wanted to spend saturday night in Nashville so we booked a room here. I have to say, if I had read the reviews before I would never have chosen this place, but I was not the one who chose it. It is dirty and in a bad area, even the employee at the reception (who wasn't very friendly either) warned us. The bathroom was a proper nightmare. The major issue for me was that I did not feel safe AT ALL. Avoid it!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The story. We were sitting in our room when a black guy knocked on our door. I stupidly answered the door. He asked if we want drugs(all types, pills, weed) I declined anything. That was not a good answer. He acted as if he had a gun in his pants and saId he has stuff he needs to sell so give me money for it. I gave him money(since I am a scared white person who doesn't know how to deal with situatuions like this) and then demanded more. I said no and he said he would be back in 10 min for more. We left immediatly. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU ARE WHITE!!!!!!! No discrimination.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Aix-en-Provence, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We were intrigued by this classic 60s motel, still with its vintage sign that boasts 'where the stars stay.' How could we not be charmed? Plus, it was St Patrick's day weekend, the beginning of Spring break, and the local hockey team were playing, so all the other Nashville hotels were booked or 300$ a night.

Don't stay here! The room was dirty and worn (see photos) and the other guests are permanent, or weekly, residents. On Saturday evening our taxi driver asked us why in the world we were staying here, and when he dropped us off there was a police car, lights flashing, in the parking lot. The police would return throughout the weekend. On Sunday a guy got beat up in the parking lot.

Nightmare!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Horsham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We arrived here mid afternoon after reading the motel advertising in a voucher magazine we picked up at the tourist office. After checking in we dropped our bags off in the room. It looked tatty and worn but we had to get to the Opry so we just left. On returning later that evening I opened the door, turned on the light and saw COCKROACH'S scatter every where!! We grabbed our bags and left. The check in clerk would not give us a refund as we had been booked in for longer than 20 minutes. The place is definitely NOT to be recommended under any circumstance. One word to describe the place is "YUCK".

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Booked in for three nights, left after the first one after finding a used crack pipe in the bed. The place was filthy, surrounded by dodgey characters & constantly noisy throughout the night. Sirens going, doors slamming, shouting, no sleep was had, not to mention the unwelcome addition of the bedbugs. You wouldn't feel comfortable here unless you are a crack head, a dealer or a complete scumbag. Steer clear....oh yeah, and the staff were really unhelpful, no refund for the lost nights.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We checked into the drake after a long drive and wanted to see Nashville and split as we only had one day to stay. we got in around 2PM, basically threw our stuff into the dingy/ugly room and split. we saw it wasn't the best looking room around but needed a place reasonably priced. we should have looked MUCH more closely. we had a microwave, refer. big flat screen TV (old style) and Jacuzzi, we didn't use the rest room etc. we returned well after dark. we got in and went to fill the Jacuzzi, the water faucet was super loose and it dripped, no big deal. I could live with that. we hit the bed after the tub.
the bed when laid in formed a "V" both sides sank into the middle, no firmness to the mattress at all, the sheets had holes in them, I still didn't care we were dead tired. I woke up about two hours after falling asleep only to arise to roaches on the headboard, in the bathroom and on the Jac. tub. It was like the room from hell. the TV set had a distorted picture on it, clearly not even close to clear, the remote never worked for the TV set, I had to manually change channels. we left the hotel after a two hour stay, when we checked out I clearly stated in words not proper for print the room was loaded with cockroaches the desk clerk, didn't say one word. he knew the place was roach ridden. I've saw the other reviews, but none have the pictures to prove it's a nice place. I also saw the trip advisor logo/decal proudly placed in the front window, TRIP should ask that it be removed.
I WOULD NOT, REPEAT WOULD NOT suggest this dumpy place to anyone.
I could go on and on, but anyone should get my drift!!!!

Room Tip: GO ELSEWHERE, rooms on the other end of town are most likely cleaner