“Motel Hell” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #140 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Dublin, Ireland
“Motel Hell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Booked in for three nights, left after the first one after finding a used crack pipe in the bed. The place was filthy, surrounded by dodgey characters & constantly noisy throughout the night. Sirens going, doors slamming, shouting, no sleep was had, not to mention the unwelcome addition of the bedbugs. You wouldn't feel comfortable here unless you are a crack head, a dealer or a complete scumbag. Steer clear....oh yeah, and the staff were really unhelpful, no refund for the lost nights.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We checked into the drake after a long drive and wanted to see Nashville and split as we only had one day to stay. we got in around 2PM, basically threw our stuff into the dingy/ugly room and split. we saw it wasn't the best looking room around but needed a place reasonably priced. we should have looked MUCH more closely. we had a microwave, refer. big flat screen TV (old style) and Jacuzzi, we didn't use the rest room etc. we returned well after dark. we got in and went to fill the Jacuzzi, the water faucet was super loose and it dripped, no big deal. I could live with that. we hit the bed after the tub.
the bed when laid in formed a "V" both sides sank into the middle, no firmness to the mattress at all, the sheets had holes in them, I still didn't care we were dead tired. I woke up about two hours after falling asleep only to arise to roaches on the headboard, in the bathroom and on the Jac. tub. It was like the room from hell. the TV set had a distorted picture on it, clearly not even close to clear, the remote never worked for the TV set, I had to manually change channels. we left the hotel after a two hour stay, when we checked out I clearly stated in words not proper for print the room was loaded with cockroaches the desk clerk, didn't say one word. he knew the place was roach ridden. I've saw the other reviews, but none have the pictures to prove it's a nice place. I also saw the trip advisor logo/decal proudly placed in the front window, TRIP should ask that it be removed.
I WOULD NOT, REPEAT WOULD NOT suggest this dumpy place to anyone.
I could go on and on, but anyone should get my drift!!!!

Room Tip: GO ELSEWHERE, rooms on the other end of town are most likely cleaner
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Utrecht
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We read that the motel offers newly renovated, our room definitely wasn't, old dirty carpet, old mattress/bed and bathroom. We asked for a non-smoking room, the sign on the door did so indicate, however the room smelled like people smoked a lot in it. We wouldn't recommend thus hostel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I were in town for a concert & basically needed a place to sleep. I realize we were very lucky to book a room on the inside by the pool & close to the office. He booked the room online & I read the reviews afterward. I have a nice car & I was so worried it would be broken into that I completely cleaned it out before our arrival. The room was a king suite. It's an old place but as I already mentioned we definantly got in one of the nicer rooms. It was as clean as an old place could be. We checked for bedbugs & bugs & found no evidence (although I litterally still brought in all of our clothing & put it on the hottest setting on my dryer afterward) when we arrived it was mid day & everything seemed pretty normal. We checked in, looked at our room & walked downtown. In retrospect I'm surprised we walked although we didn't have any trouble. I'm positive we walked past a prositute leaving the hotel. On the walk we past liquor stores, gun & ammo shops & the projects. The area is rundown & dirty & you would not want to walk at night but it is very close to downtown, about a two mile walk. That night we caught a cab ride back to our room & got in without being bothered by anyone. About 2:30 in the morning our neighbors were making a lot of noise... There seemed to be an array of moods coming from the room including anger & laughter & my husband swore he heard a man telling someone that she " better get his money" we figured they were high on drugs & they never slept & kept us awake for hours. We could even hear the shower. Finally they calmed down & we were able to get some rest. The next morning we showered, the bathroom was just fine & adequately clean. The towels were old & tiny. As we left the next morning we saw a lot of scetchy activity & got a look at the loud women from next door who looked down & out & like they had not slept in weeks. One was peering at us & I figured she was probably pretty confused as to why people like us were there. People were standing around with their doors open & my husband didn't even want to get out of the car to return the card key! I finally got a look at the side of the inn & there were grills pulled into the parking lot. I absolutely would have never stayed on that side. The place is old & I can accept that but the area & its tenants are right down rough & scary. I will never stay at the Drake inn again!

• Stayed March 2013
Brooklyn, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!
Our room was dirty and had BED BUGS and when I asked the manager for a refund he refused saying he couldn't see any bedbugs in the room, even though I was covered in bites!
Terrible service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I had hoped this place was a walk in the past like it advertises itself to be. WRONG!!Our room was FILTHY and the constant flow of drug dealers and hookers makes for a great COPS Show. BUT this place is NOT for families and is FAR from safe. When we left to find another hotel, we spole with a Nashville policeman who could not believe a family would stay there unless their next choice was homlessness. BEWARE

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.Or keep a weapon on you at all times. Dont worry you can always buy 1 from the res...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This motel is awesome. For $65, you can upgrade to the jacuzzi suite, which is disappointingly clean and devoid of anything gross or seedy. It's in its own little building with a dedicated parking spot. It's very spacious and has a quaint little bed.
We had hoped that all the reviews would come through and this place would be scary and disgusting but it's actually really nice. MurderMotels.com FAIL.
Oh, and the toilet is in its own closet. You don't even get that kinda luxury in jail!

Room Tip: Get the jacuzzi suite. You deserve it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Drake Motel? Share your experiences!