“Hated it!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of West End Lodge

Save Saved
You added West End Lodge to your Saves list
West End Lodge
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   1800 W End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203 (Formerly Days Inn Vanderbilt / Music Row)   |
Ranked #119 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Atlanta
“Hated it!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

This was by FAR the worst hotel experience I have ever had, and I've had some bad ones. There were gnats everywhere, the concierge was EXTREMELY rude, the floors in the hallway were littered with trash, there was mildew on the walls of the closets. It was a dump. I would visit friends during the day, so I would come in late at night. The staff *including the concierge* would be hanging out in the parking lot, "shooting the chicken", so the phone at the front desk would be ringing off the hook. There is a nighttime security there, but I was more afraid of him, than I was of the revellers who left beer bottles and cigarette butts in the parking garage! Supposedly they are closing in 2 months, so that the Marriott can build two hotels in its place. If so, GOOD RIDDANCE. They obviously just don't care, and should have never gone into the hospitality industry to begin with. I complained to the assistant manager after returning home, and he stated, "That's okay. You don't have to stay here when you return." He's got that right!

• Liked — Nothing. I did not even learn that they had changed their name from Days Inn until I arrived there.
  • Disliked — Everything. ESPECIALLY the rude and unprofessional staff. They did not even have napkins for the Continental Breakfast. They used cut up paper towels from the bathroom, after I inquired about having napkins with the breakfast!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Couples
ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2008

Uplifted tiles in the bathroom floor, sink had stains, the bathtub had hair in it. A foul smell within the room, burn holes in the carpet, missing ametities, a cockroach crawling on window, and there was a coffee stain on one of the chairs.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed April 2006
Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2008

My father was at Centennial Hospital in Nashville when I recieved a urgent call to fly out from the west coast because of his grave condition. My husband booked a flight and hotel room for me through a travel agency. Upon reaching the Hotel after long flight delays , I had the extreme misfortune to find myself at this hotel. There was questionable people hanging around and you could hear revelers all night. The room was dark, dank and sour smelling, there was a grimy feel to the place. I just didn't feel safe!
If I wasn't so tired and wasn't on such an urgent mission I would have demanded my deposit back and sought out another place to stay.

• Liked — nothing a scary experience!
  • Disliked — The hotel climate
  • Stayed October 2003
St. John's, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2008

Well first of all took over half an hour of waiting to check in, got to room and microwave didnt work so they gave us another room. Got there and the fridge didnt work. So after speaking with front desk we ended up towing the mini fridge that did work to our room and the one that didnt to the other room.
Found a bug in my bed.
Housekeeper stole one of my sandals.
Would not leave extra towels for us, we had to go to front desk and get them.
Pool was dirty.
Elevator smelled really bad.
Bathroom desperately needed remodel, very dorty looking.

• Liked — umm...we are alive? well it did have a very good free breakfast
  • Disliked — everyhting except the breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to West End Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about West End Lodge

Address: 1800 W End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203 (Formerly Days Inn Vanderbilt / Music Row)
Location: United States > Tennessee > Nashville
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #119 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3 star — West End Lodge 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your West End Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
West End Hotel Nashville

If you own or manage West End Lodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.