“Needs a refurbishment and internet useless” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   714 Spence Lane, Nashville, TN 37217   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #96 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Melbourne, Australia
“Needs a refurbishment and internet useless”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel seemed like it needs a refurbishment but the room was big enough for 3 of us, with great aircon and a fridge (which doesn't seem like much but if you don't have these in some hotels, you really miss them). However our biggest complaint was that the internet was the worst we'd encountered on our trip from LA to NYC. We'd like to say thanks to Roger who gave us lots of helpful hints when we checked in and when we complained about the internet when we checked out, he said we should have let them know earlier and he would have tried to fix it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Stormchaser71
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Stormchaser71,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this particular day. I have taken note of your comments regarding the internet service. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

honestly don't know why anyone would give any less than a five! the staff was great, polite and kind going out of there way to make certain we were comfortable. Mildly annoying teens. we weren't high paying customers or even distinguished business people. we were a group of sweaty, sunburnt, grouchy, punk-rock teenagers and they treated us nicely. the room was clean and I keep reading it about the rooms being musty. I couldn't disagree more.

breakfast was amazing. all of the food was fresh and warm and yes, I totally want the machine that makes the pancakes, however I dropped the first one on the countertop! but they had a great selection of warm and cold food, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and juices! if you wanted it for breakfast they probably had it.

I'm glad we chose to book here and I am definitely booking here for warped tour next year. the staff was even so helpful as to give me directions on how to get to a store so I could get aloe for a sunburnt party member. Definitely looking forward to staying here again next year.

Room Tip: we were on the third floor in a room overlooking the pool, it was fairly quiet and the A/C worked we...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jade K
Webster City, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was a big disappointment. Lobby was Ok but our room was old & musty. Window dirty and looked out to a dirty/junk filled alley or space between building. We were very tried and just wanted to stop and get out of traffic and road work! Price was extreme for the location and condition of the place. Free WIFI but didn't work for over 2 hrs!!!!

Room Tip: I guess you should always check the room before you check in! Even if it's a Brand you trust! N...
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Carol K
hexsnash2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Along with my team, I would like to apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. It is indeed troubling to read the challenges outlined in your review. Did you report any of your inconveniences to our Manager on Duty? We have a Manager on Duty 24 hours a day to assist our guests with their various concerns. In reviewing our reports we do not have a record of the guests concerns outlined in her review. Our team at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nashville-I-40&i-24(Spence Ln) makes every effort to deliver upon the high standards we set for ourselves. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Nashville hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is an older property in a sketchy part of town, but the staff is courteous, and the room was very clean. The breakfast was just like most of the Holiday Inn Express Hotels and was fresh and ready to go.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy G
Thank you for your valuable time in posting a review of your experience with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nashville-I-40&i-24(Spence Ln).We take guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our product and service, and readily welcome both positive and constructive comments alike .I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans ever bring to the city of Nashville.
Red deer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Located close to the freeway makes a trip downtown, Grand Ole Opry area, and airport quick and simple.
The staff were friendly and helpful, especially Tony.
The free breakfast was filling as it served both hot and cold breakfast items including fresh fruit.
Parking & WiFi were free.

Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

On my stay June 2014 I was awakened 12:37AM by a delivery person who knocked and knocked and knocked until I answered the door. He even tried to open the door. Is this security? Unfortunately I had a reservation several days later with another bad experience with the very rude breakfast server.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel chain!
    • 1 of 5 stars
hexsnash2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for your review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are important to us. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced with the room you received. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our management team and take actions accordingly.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and leaving us your feedback.
Defiance, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We booked this particular property because it was a slightly cheaper alternative to the HIE Airport and just as centrally located. Although the property is in need of major updating, it was clean and convenient to the attractions that have made Nashville what it is today. Roger, at the front desk, was very friendly and gave us a crash course on the city and entertainment venues.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
It was truly our pleasure to provide you with the comforts you deserve traveling to Nashville. Our team is thrilled to read that you not only had a great experience, but also your comments about the friendliness of our front desk team, cleanliness of our rooms, breakfast, and overall location are very appreciated
.Once again, thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.