You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   714 Spence Lane, Nashville, TN 37217   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #74 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Byrdstown, Tennessee
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

If you want a decent hotel at a location that is very convenient to the Nashville Airport, Downtown Nashville and the Opryland area, this is the place for you. It is literally right off the intersection of I-24, I-440 and I-40. There is plenty of parking and the immediate area appears to be safe. The rooms were very nice and roomy. This is not a brand new facility but is well-maintained. They do have a nice roomy breakfast area and the lady in charge of the area does a wonderful job of keeping it clean and well-stocked. She even held the door for us as we left. Its those nice extras that make a good impression.

Room Tip: Get a room that is closer to Spence than the interstate for something a bit quite.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
hexsnash2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, December 2, 2013
On behalf of my team at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville-I-40&i-24(Spence Ln), thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We would also like to sincerely thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your hotel of choice away from downtown. Your positive feedback about our breakfast host is well deserved and appreciated. We have a team of shinning stars that literally go above and beyond to ensure all our guests are completely satisfied.
I look forward to welcoming your return to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville-I-40&i-24(Spence Ln) in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Belleville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Short drive to downtown. Only one elevator that is slow. Hotel was clean and nice, but a little dated. Large room with king bed was great. Breakfast pancakes are very good. Front desk was helpful and great attitude.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
hexsnash2, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville-I-40&i-24(Spence Ln). We would also like to sincerely thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your hotel of choice away from downtown.
I am glad you enjoyed our quickcakes pancake machine and our complimentary breakfast.
Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us. Look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to our beautiful city.
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The building outside and inside are old and tired looking. Could really use an update, including new electronic doors for entering, get rid of the steps to get to the elevator from the front desk. The furniture in the room are worn and threadbare in some cases, the décor is out of date. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The woman at the front desk was accommodating and pleasant and they provided me with a room in a quiet area as I requested.
It could be so much better if they would remodel and bring it up to date.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Marci M,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cleveland, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This Holiday Inn Express is more like a one-only boutigue hotel than the typical Holiday Inn Express. The intimate unique feel combined with the friendly staff that makes it a point to remember their repeat customers have had me returning here year after year. Conveniently located to both I-24 and I-40 with large rooms, many of which are bow-shaped for additonal room, make this place a winner in my book.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had a business trip out to the Clovernook area, but also wanted something conveniently located to get to downtown Nashville to explore after work. This was the perfect compromise. It's located right near the freeway entrance as well as the Elm Hill Pike crossroad. 10 min to downtown even in the rush hour.

The hotel itself is clean and the staff was friendly. No real complaints there. The price was about average for the room. The wifi is annoyingly slow though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Independence, Kentucky, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have stayed at a few Holiday Inn Express Hotels in Nashville or near it. I was expecting a free shuttle to downtown like the other ones. Even though this was a cheaper hotel compared to the ones in the heart of downtown, you still had to pay the extra money for the cab rides. Next time I will pay the extra money and stay downtown!

**Hotels downtown were through the roof with their rates due to the SEC Tournament. Stayed in March 2013.**

Room was clean, breakfast was good. If you are handicap, the entrance isn't accommodating and you would have to enter from the back to get to your room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Erin N,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. In this regard, I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rigby, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The exterior pics of this hotel created the appearance of a newer modern hotel, but it is actually quite old, as evidenced by the tiny elevator and wiring conduits run here and there over the walls all through my room. I slept well and the bed was comfortable, although when I made my way down to breakfast at 9:45am it was already put away for the morning. I used points for my stay, as this HIE was the lowest points option when I stayed.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Stephanie J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank You for taking a moment to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. We valve all feedback both positive and constructive, so we have a opportunity to continually improve our services and property. I'm glad to hear you find the beds comfortable and slept well. I'm sorry to hear you did miss breakfast, Our breakfast hours here are 6:30AM to 9:30AM. Thanks again for your feedback and business. We hope to be service to you again in the near future if your travel plans bring you back to the Nashville area.

Stephanie Jones

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)

Address: 714 Spence Lane, Nashville, TN 37217
Location: United States > Tennessee > Nashville
Ranked #74 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane) 2.5*
Discover all that Nashville has to offer at the convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spence Lane I-40/I-24. You are central to everything Nashville- shopping, entertainment, and the major business parks. You are just minutes away from the Nashville Convention Center, the Gaylord Opryland Convention Center, the Sommet Center and LP Field. Getting there has to be fast and convenient too. Only 3.7 miles from the Nashville International Airport and 5 miles from downtown, you ll spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to Nashville to do. Also, there is easy access to I-40 and I-24. Whether you re coming to Nashville for business or just for fun your room at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spence Lane I-40/I-24 is your personal retreat. You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Amenities such as free wireless Internet, fitness center, plush towels, and luxurious bedding means every night is a great night and every day starts right. You can enjoy our complimentary Express Start breakfast featuring our delicious signature cinnamon rolls and Smart Roast coffee.We are proud to be a 100% non-smoking hotel. The best of Nashville is waiting for you at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spence Lane I-40/I-24. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Nashville - i-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
Holiday Inn Nashville
Nashville Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.